Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 339 Posts

·
Registered
28,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I thought that posting an old post of mine, could make you feel how The City of Milano is already building up to the Mother of all Games (as defined by Paolo Maldini not long ago) :shades:

The pressure, both on players as upon fans will be beyond description :eekani: , expectations will be high on both sides :stress: One team will lose :scared: The build up has already started, Inter fans are very confident, whilst Milanisti, in general, for what I've witnessed, are more weary :scared: To give you an idea, today I heard the draw live on MilanInter FM :star: The first reaction was by the Inter DJ, he simply said: "Yes", whilst our brother (the Milan DJ) was much more cautious.

Prior to the match, starting from the 2nd of April, Old Diavolo will be in Athens (I will miss viewing Milan vs Brescia), I will return the same day of the match ;)

Forza Milan :devil:

My old post:

.....just woke up, it's Derby Time, it's Big Time. It's still far away, you barely think about it, is it today? You start reading Gazzetta, then you switch the TV set on, calcio talk shows a must. But it's still distant, really, is it today? Till finally, somebody on TV says something, it may even not be that important, but it makes you click. You start thinking about all the things you've said, not said or heard by a cugino during the past looooooog week. OK Milan vs Barca was graet (BTW thank God we won), but the derby is something else. You think about that particular cugino that has told you "3-0, Adriano, Stankovic, Adriano", you start thinking that you have been lucky enough to support Milan and not them (Grazie a Dio non sono Interista) :cool: but today is today. You start looking at your watch, once every 5 minutes. Maybe it's time to eat, dress and take your final leak. Off we go :devil: During my drive towards San Siro on derby day, Jazz is the thing that suits me better, volume high. Very high.
I park, I see La Scala del Calcio in distance, I've seen it so many times, but it's majestic, it's beatuful. It's San Siro :cool:
On my 10 minutes walk, I stop for a final Espresso (ristretto) plus a Sambuca. I listen to what people say. Usually Interisti ;) : "This time we're going to crash them. Guranteed". Adrenalin starts flowing :devil:
I'm their. As always, I feel previleged. I'm going to see the derby!!!!
I que up. I start hearing the choruses of the most famous Curva in the World. :devil: The first Curva to be established (1968) :cool: . I hear "Non vincete mai, non vincete mai, non vincete mai" (you lot never win, you lot never win) :stuckup: . Maybe this time they will (even if the song in reality is about Inter not winning silverware, not matches). I can't help a grin though :D I walk up the stairs.
I'm in :cool:
I start looking around. Especially for cugini ;) :scared:
45 minutes to go. On the chords of "We will rock you", I ragazzi finally enter the pitch for a final warm-up. San Siro is now rocking. What a sight. I see a bunch of foreigners, they are either German or English by the way they dress. They are opend mouth, their eyes speak :eek:
I've alraedy smoked 5 sigarettes :tongue:
10 minutes to go. Finally the speaker announces the squads, Inter first. The 13000 cugini cheer. 70.000 Deamons boo. :devil:
And now: Milan :devil:
The players are called one by one, slowly but steadily. To each player "ole". It's breath taking.
The striscione (gigantic banner) at long last is unrolled :cool: The flares sparkel, the curva's songs start rolling for real now :star: . The player enter the pitch :devil: WHITE SOUND :devil:
It's pure magic, my heart is beating at 1000 mph, but who cares. I'm here, in the Shrine of Football :stuckup: . It's derby time. It's fantastic. :cool:
It's "THE MOTHER OF ALL GAMES" :devil: :scared: :devil: :cool:

Forza Milan :devil:

·
Legend
17,146 Posts
Thanks Presidente for this due post. And an even bigger thanks for the sublime post describing the atmosphere during a D-Day (Derby Day) :stuckup:

My head says I should be worried. However, my heart says I should be confident, relaxed and cool. :cool: In the Ragazzi, we trust!!!!:stuckup::proud:

:stuckup::devil:

LA TRADIZIONE DEVE CONTINUARE!!!!:stuckup: :devil:

:devil::jester: :howler:

Cheers.;)

·
Registered
8,927 Posts
One word to describe how i feel now

PSYCHED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
28,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
According to both Facchetti and Galliani, if San Siro had a capacity of 300.000 seats, it would go sold out :eekani:

·
Mourinho & Cassano!!
45,797 Posts
Wow.

Last time guys I believe that Inter.it had a thing that said that 4/10 Italians watched the match. The one of the highest ratings ever. This will not disappoint. Especially after that epic. I wouldn't be surprised for an EPIC 50%+ of Italia watching this.

·
Registered
11,208 Posts
Diavolo said:
According to both Facchetti and Galliani, if San Siro had a capacity of 300.000 seats, it would go sold out :eekani:
Just another reason to increase the capacity to 100,000 as planned. :cool:

·
Mourinho & Cassano!!
45,797 Posts
Well even tho San Siro aka Giuseppe Meazza who played more for Inter was built for Milan not Inter, I hope Inter doesn't move to a new stadium. It just makes the whole experience more exciting. I guess Milan fans want to kick us out, but I feel the San siro is also our home as well.

by the way, isn't the berneabu the biggest? with 100k?

·
Registered
11,208 Posts
In Europe it is the Camp Nou with a capacity of 98,000. Bernabeu holds 80,000 but for the CL only 63,000 are allowed.

The San Siro is our natural home. It is your adopted home. But with the artificial turf more than likely to be installed it won't effect the pitch.

We've got the bigger dressing room in the San Siro. :tongue:

Back to the game ... :eekani: Could well be a big Italian audience for this one. I hope Sheva gets some minutes in Serie A before this game to get in the flow. Sheva and Kaka do have special moments in derbies and not to forget Serginho. ;)

·
Mourinho & Cassano!!
45,797 Posts
I hope Vieri gets his knee in shape, we'll need his knee to be in tip top shape to shoot at the goal

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Diavolo said:
Prior to the match, starting from the 2nd of April, Old Diavolo will be in Athens (I will miss viewing Milan vs Brescia), I will return the same day of the match
Which will be the reason behind your presence in Athens, Presidente? What are you planning? And where will you stay, do you know in advance?

·
Registered
28,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
SteVen_7 said:
Which will be the reason behind your presence in Athens, Presidente? What are you planning? And where will you stay, do you know in advance?
Work Steven. I will let you know where I'm staying as soon as I know (most probably next week). Maybe we can watch Milan vs Brescia game together :)

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Diavolo said:
Work Steven. I will let you know where I'm staying as soon as I know (most probably next week). Maybe we can watch Milan vs Brescia game together
It's mostly probable that no greek channel will show Milan-Brescia...No Serie A is shown on free greek TV and even in payTV they mostly show the derbies which are played late on Saturdays and Sundays (tonight's match is an example)
Do you know any greek guy or will you only meet with italians? Anyway, if the match is shown on payTV and you find a bar or cafe that has the channel, let me know. It's no big deal for me to move inside the city. After all I have italian car (Alfa Romeo :D )

·
Registered
28,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
SteVen_7 said:
It's mostly probable that no greek channel will show Milan-Brescia...No Serie A is shown on free greek TV and even in payTV they mostly show the derbies which are played late on Saturdays and Sundays (tonight's match is an example)
Do you know any greek guy or will you only meet with italians? Anyway, if the match is shown on payTV and you find a bar or cafe that has the channel, let me know. It's no big deal for me to move inside the city. After all I have italian car (Alfa Romeo :D )
Too bad then :groan:

·
Registered
28,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
BTW, tomorrow I'll be buying my ticket :stuckup:

·
Registered
28,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Diavolo said:
BTW, tomorrow I'll be buying my ticket :stuckup:
Well it's safe and sound in my pocket :star:
It will either become a personal icon of happiness or disaster :stress:

P.S. Most brothers I met in the bank have a bad feeling about this one, it's as if we're bound to lose a derby. No kidding :nervous:

1 - 20 of 339 Posts