Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 668 Posts

·
Registered
28,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Needless to say, that we ain't done nothing yet :stuckup: undoubtebley the very positive result achived in leg 1, should atleast enable us to approach the match aware that a 2 goal cuscion will not be easy for Inter to overcome :hopefull: The positive assets end here though :depress: San Siro will be mainly tinted in Black&Blue, even though their will be more Milanisti next tuesday than Interisti in leg 1 ;) Ringhio Gattuso is suspended :sob: and we have a number of players cautioned :nervous: The psycological burden of having to never fail a game in both Serie A and CL, might prove to much for a number of our players :stress: it's not easy to always "deliver". Inter, most certainly will play the game of their life, with a chance of having Adriano as a strater. As we know, losing games, even after having achieved a considerable advantage in leg 1, is something that can happen (reference to Depo vs Milan is not coincidential) :scream: Our cugini have both the conviction (Cordoba): "Anything can happen if we open the scoring." , and the players to turn things around. Least and absolutely not last, The Law of Averages :notlist: I will never get tired of underlining it, but sooner or later, we are bound to lose a derby :nervous: and in partucular, if Inter take an early lead, it will become a hell of a game for us :stress: Fair to say, that our Devilish soul :devil: to a certain extent, might indeed help us down their in hell, nevertheless, should Inter indeed take that early lead, it will be nerve recking :stress:

Forza Milan :star:

·
Registered
8,253 Posts
Great post Luciano! :thmbup:

I hate people saying that we are through or start discussing our future opponents. :rollani: It's immature and complete disrespect to our cugini.

As mentioned earlier, last season we were also celebrating after the 4-1 Depor game. :rollani: The return leg is always dangerous when you are leading. It's usually hard for the team to strike the balance between 'keep things tight' and 'score the away goal'. :mute:

After the superb first leg I am still very nervous. There's 90 more minutes and Inter is a world class team which is famous for her comebacks this season. And Adriano could be back.:scared:

However,;)

:devil:FORZA MILAN:devil:
:star: #7 :star:

·
Registered
28,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The King has spoken :stuckup: :shades: :stuckup:

·
Registered
13,202 Posts
i only worry about the needless yellow sheva got

wtf was he thinking....

very silly by him....i say we try to get no yellows in the next leg so if we do make it through that we dont ahve a whole bunch of suspensions

·
Registered
788 Posts
Let him be Lav...the guy was just immensely happy he was able to score after 46 days, with a header, in the derby, in Europe. Hell, considering all that I don't know what I would do in his place :)

·
Registered
28,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Most probably, I will have the honor to attend this game live :star: Hope it will not turn out a nightmare :doh:

P.S. The last away derby I've attended was The Tennis Match :lick:

·
Registered
14,870 Posts
I have no doubts that Inter could put 2 balls behind Dida in the return, but I also highly doubt that Inter will be able to keep a clean sheet (not exactly their great strength). If we score 1 they have to score 4 to win. Possible, but not likely.

Our midfield worried me yesterday. I would very much like to see the old x-mas tree being dusted off and brought in for this game. Lets slow them down, control the midfield and exploit the swiss-cheese-esque defence of theirs.

·
Registered
28,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
barracuda said:
I have no doubts that Inter could put 2 balls behind Dida in the return, but I also highly doubt that Inter will be able to keep a clean sheet (not exactly their great strength). If we score 1 they have to score 4 to win. Possible, but not likely.

Our midfield worried me yesterday. I would very much like to see the old x-mas tree being dusted off and brought in for this game. Lets slow them down, control the midfield and exploit the swiss-cheese-esque defence of theirs.
I believe that good old Haroon :shades: will have his say on this :stuckup:

·
Registered
8,253 Posts
Diavolo said:
P.S. The last away derby I've attended was The Tennis Match :lick:

:thmbup: Honestly I am extremely jealous of you. :fero: :wth: :mad:
how nice to witness that classic! :stuckup:

for the formation part, actually it's a dilemma. To bench Crespo would be a hard decision, but with Deportivo lesson we should be extremely cautious this time. To sacrify some entertaining factor IS acceptable. I won't mind we do a Juve-style :rollani: 0-0 tie to ensure the semi ticket.

4312 has its advantages as well as flaws. With 4312 we have two goal machines in Hernan :star: and Sheva :star: which is good for countering week defence like Inter's, but on the other hand we can't possess absolute ball-control as we usually do with X'mas tree formation.

Inter is expected to press and attack like hell next week. ;) X'mas tree can give us an extra man and force in midfield. And with the better ball keeping capacity we would be able to slow down the pace of the game and tire them through short passes between Rui-Kaka-Pirlo-Seedorf-Sheva etc. :star:

However,
normally Rui would step in for the X'mas tree lineup, however as Kaka is suspended against Brescia Rui would probably play 90 minutes this weekend. This increases the difficulty for Carlo to draw the lineup. I won't mind Carlo resting ALL starters for Bresica game for this match. Euroderby is SO important. We need a physically fresh Milan there. :smileani:

·
Registered
28,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Elephant King said:
:thmbup: Honestly I am extremely jealous of you. :fero: :wth: :mad:
how nice to witness that classic! :stuckup:

for the formation part, actually it's a dillema. To bench Crespo would be a hard decision, but with Deportivo lesson we should be extremely cautious this time. To sacrify some entertaining factor IS acceptable. I won't mind we do a Juve-style 0-0 tie to ensure the semi ticket.

4312 has its advantages as well as flaws. With 4312 we have two goal machines in Hernan and Sheva which is good for countering week defence like Inter's, but on the other hand we can't possess absolute ball-control as we usually do with X'mas tree formation.

Normally Rui would step in for the X'mas tree lineup, however as Kaka is suspended against Brescia Rui would probably play 90 minutes this weekend. This increases the difficulty for Carlo to draw the lineup. I won't mind Carlo resting ALL starters for Bresica game for this match. Euroderby is SO important. We need a physically fresh Milan there.
The X-Mas Tree will be expected by our cugini :stuckup:

Why not try the Cactus Formation :shades:
No strikers :stuckup:

P.S. Seriously speaking, I wouldn't be surprised if we play with only 1 striker.

P.P.S. The Tennis Match :cool:

·
Registered
2,997 Posts
Lav said:
i say we try to get no yellows in the next leg so if we do make it through that we dont ahve a whole bunch of suspensions
Nesta should get a yellow in this game or the next, to make sure he isn't suspended for the final. If Lyon go through, he should definitely avoid playing in the first leg in France, where he's had two serious injuries IIRC.

·
Registered
28,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Lav said:
i only worry about the needless yellow sheva got

wtf was he thinking....

very silly by him....i say we try to get no yellows in the next leg so if we do make it through that we dont ahve a whole bunch of suspensions
In agreeing with you, Leoshev's post probably reflects Sheva's feelings.

·
Registered
8,253 Posts
Diavolo said:
The X-Mas Tree will be expected by our cugini :stuckup:

Why not try the Cactus Formation :shades:
No strikers :stuckup:

P.S. Seriously speaking, I wouldn't be surprised if we play with only 1 striker.

Although the X'mas Tree would be anticipated, Inter actually can't do much to encounter it.

If they decide to add more men in midfield so as to compete the control of midfield with us, then they'll either withdraw 1 striker backward(unlikely as they are 2 goals down) or pushes a defender(likely to be Javier) forward. The latter scenario would probably expose their defending problem more and prompt to concede away goals.

Mancini indeed has little choice. He has to play 442 or even 433 when things are stagnant. They'll try to press like hell ala Deportivo to serach for early goal. We should learn the Riazor lesson. Control the midfield and slow down the game with patience. X'mas tree seems an inevitable choice if that's case.

·
Registered
8,253 Posts
Ruffian said:
Nesta should get a yellow in this game or the next, to make sure he isn't suspended for the final. If Lyon go through, he should definitely avoid playing in the first leg in France, where he's had two serious injuries IIRC.

By the way what's reason behind Nesta's substition yesterday? It's an abnormal move on a central defender during a game. :rolleyes:

Is it due to his fatigue(Nesta's first game after injury) or did he catch any injuries(touchwoood)? :stress: :scared:

I hope it's the first scenario. :devil:

·
Registered
788 Posts
One possibility could be that he was replaced to make sure he wouldn't get a yellow, so that we'd lose him too (next to Rino) in the return derby due to suspension...that's what I thought. Fatigue may also have been a factor thought :)

·
Registered
28,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
For the record: The winner of this clash, might well be facing PSV :neutral:

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
Well done Milan
I am terribly upset, i thought after watching up to 44th minute that we were going to give you a game. Psychologically we are crumbled.

A lot of you make the reference to the Deportivo game, but serioulsy, and as an Interista speaking, i can tell you that it will take 22 men, and 180 minutes to score against the defense Milan have, let alone 4 goals in 90 minutes

Its true, i expect us to go for broke, but the danger of this is that it can bite us in the back, and become embarrassing. Much like the Arsenal game we lost 5-1. But we cannot do anything else, we are not going to score 2 goals in any other mode of action. Milan would play right into our hands, if they fielded one striker..say Crespo (to avoid disciplinary issues with Shevchenko). Crespo is a great striker one of the best ever in the Italian League, but Shevchenko is a derby striker. If we play with 3 attackers, and with Adriano.....there is a very small glimmer of hope for us

What are the implications that Gattuso is out? Are you guys worried?

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
Diavolo said:
For the record: The winner of this clash, might well be facing PSV :neutral:
Both Milan sides should fancy beating PSV
Lyon will be a different proposition...Essien Govou Wiltord

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
Elephant King said:
Although the X'mas Tree would be anticipated, Inter actually can't do much to encounter it.

If they decide to add more men in midfield so as to compete the control of midfield with us, then they'll either withdraw 1 striker backward(unlikely as they are 2 goals down) or pushes a defender(likely to be Javier) forward. The latter scenario would probably expose their defending problem more and prompt to concede away goals.

Mancini indeed has little choice. He has to play 442 or even 433 when things are stagnant. They'll try to press like hell ala Deportivo to serach for early goal. We should learn the Riazor lesson. Control the midfield and slow down the game with patience. X'mas tree seems an inevitable choice if that's case.
i think Inter should and possibly could, play a 442 psuedo 433, Martins being the man in midfield in 442 who moves forward to become the 3 in 443

Toldo
Zanetti-Miha-Materazzi-Cordoba
Veron-Zanetti-Emre(if fit)-Martins
Adriano-Vieri

·
Registered
28,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
001 said:
Well done Milan
I am terribly upset, i thought after watching up to 44th minute that we were going to give you a game. Psychologically we are crumbled.

A lot of you make the reference to the Deportivo game, but serioulsy, and as an Interista speaking, i can tell you that it will take 22 men, and 180 minutes to score against the defense Milan have, let alone 4 goals in 90 minutes

Its true, i expect us to go for broke, but the danger of this is that it can bite us in the back, and become embarrassing. Much like the Arsenal game we lost 5-1. But we cannot do anything else, we are not going to score 2 goals in any other mode of action. Milan would play right into our hands, if they fielded one striker..say Crespo (to avoid disciplinary issues with Shevchenko). Crespo is a great striker one of the best ever in the Italian League, but Shevchenko is a derby striker. If we play with 3 attackers, and with Adriano.....there is a very small glimmer of hope for us

What are the implications that Gattuso is out? Are you guys worried?
:star: :cool: :star:

On the return match: It's a derby, losing it is indeed possible, obviously now we are favourites to go through :hopefull:

1 - 20 of 668 Posts