Anzhi,El group phase
Spartak,EL play off
Kuban,EL 3 qual round
Rubin,EL 2 qual round

·
Registered
44,603 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
The UEFA Emergency Panel met on 18 June and decided that due to the security situation in Dagestan and the North Caucasus, no UEFA competition match is allowed to be played in this region during the 2013/14 season.

Consequently, FC Anji Makhachkala have been requested to propose an alternative venue for their home matches in the 2013/14 UEFA Europa League by 30 June.

The UEFA Emergency Panel came to this decision after having carefully examined and evaluated the current security situation in the North Caucasus and notably in Dagestan, and taking into account the whole range of circumstances as well as the warnings issued by various governments. This decision remains in force for subsequent seasons until further notice.

bah,anzhi fans will continue not to see his team playing eurocups games in makhachkala.

no surprise realy.

now better that the club announce krasnodar as their home field than lokomotiv stadium.

·
Registered
44,603 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
and grozny not allowed also to have european games?

grozny is more safe nowadays than moscow.

·
Registered
66,436 Posts
Too bad for Anji fans. Like you said hopefully they play the games in Russia's south instead of Moscow.

·
Registered
15 Posts
That's an interesting point on Sochi. Not that it makes me feel any better. Given the various efforts by Anzhi this winter and spring to convince UEFA to allow matches in Dagestan, I think if Platini had, everyone would have accused Kerimov of lining his pockets. After Rangers in 2001 and now the last two years, I think it's safe to say that UEFA is less popular in Dagestan than even the most ultra-nationalist Zenit or Spartak fans :)

·
Registered
2,423 Posts
That's an interesting point on Sochi. Not that it makes me feel any better. Given the various efforts by Anzhi this winter and spring to convince UEFA to allow matches in Dagestan, I think if Platini had, everyone would have accused Kerimov of lining his pockets. After Rangers in 2001 and now the last two years, I think it's safe to say that UEFA is less popular in Dagestan than even the most ultra-nationalist Zenit or Spartak fans :)
We will be having a debate on my website regarding this issue. Let me know if you want to write a brief editorial or join in the debate!

·
Dzyubaphile
6,598 Posts
Kuban caught a break. Thanks to today's news of Fenerbahce and Besitkas being banned from competing in Europe this season it means that Kuban will be seeded for their third qualifying round of Europa League games. Get to avoid teams like Stuttgart, Sevilla, Udinese, Swansea, etc. Gives them a much better chance of advancing.

·
Registered
2,423 Posts
Kuban caught a break. Thanks to today's news of Fenerbahce and Besitkas being banned from competing in Europe this season it means that Kuban will be seeded for their third qualifying round of Europa League games. Get to avoid teams like Stuttgart, Sevilla, Udinese, Swansea, etc. Gives them a much better chance of advancing.
great news for them

·
Registered
44,603 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
well Kuban was the 2 or 3 highest ranking unseeded team in for the 3 rd qual round but but.......remember 14 or 15 clubs with higher rank had to pass all the 1 and 2 qual round and almost 95 per cent 4 or 5 will be eliminated.

so kuban would be seeded anyway.

Zenit could play with paok before,now paok is seeded,bursaspor likely is the worst scenario for zenit.

Rubin starts playing in europe 18 july,they will face jagodina from serbia.

·
Dzyubaphile
6,598 Posts
well Kuban was the 2 or 3 highest ranking unseeded team in for the 3 rd qual round but but.......remember 14 or 15 clubs with higher rank had to pass all the 1 and 2 qual round and almost 95 per cent 4 or 5 will be eliminated.
Not true. The draw for the third round is done before the second round is being played. Therefore if there the higher ranked teams lost then the team that defeated them would have inherited their ranking for the next round. Wouldn't have helped Kuban. Thus only the teams involved in the first round ranked above Kuban losing would have helped them. There are only three such teams: Rosenborg, MSK Zilina and Levski Sofia. All would be heavily favoured to beat their current first round opponents.

·
Registered
7,638 Posts
Getting seeded was vital for Zenit in the CL.

Real Socieded or PSV would be the hardest of any match ups we can now face. Paccos Ferrara would be a dream match up.

Anzhi can definitely win the Europa League.

·
Dzyubaphile
6,598 Posts
Rubin Lineup for today's game: Arlauskis, Kislyak, Sharonov, Markano, Ansaldi, M'Vila, Eremenko, Natcho, Ryazantsev, Rondon, Prudnikov

Strong lineup considering they have a game against Zenit on Sunday.

·
Zeko lopove...
7,464 Posts
So Navas, Kulik, Kuzmin are the only ones missing.

·
Registered
7,638 Posts
Rubin are a really strange team because they 3-4 really really good players, Spartak Moscow have a squad of about 15 players who other than Boccheti nobody is any better than anyone else and there all just a bit better than averae, Rubin have some very average players but these 3-4 stand out players.

Rondon and Eremenko for example would waltz into any RPL team.

I think it will be between Zenit and Anzhi for the Title, would give Rubin Kazan marginal favourties to finish 3rd then its a log jam for 4th between Spartak Moscow, CSKA Morecambe and Dynamo Moscow.

1 - 20 of 710 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.