Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
1st Tier Poster
49,696 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Estonia, Latvia and Lithuania all in the same group together with Czech Rep, Ukraine and Belgium. Group D matches are held in Latvia so many fans from Estonia and Lithuania will travel there.

It wasn't entirely a coincidence that all 3 Baltic countries got into the same group as Latvia as a host had the right to pick one country into the group D and they picked Estonia (due to ticket sales to traveling fans and also because Estonia isn't that good :pp).

It is one of the weakest groups for sure and 4 teams will qualify to the 2nd round so I wouldn't be surprised if all 3 Baltic teams will go through.

Matches will begin on 5th September.

·
1st Tier Poster
49,696 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah that losers qualification tournament in 2013 for those teams which didn't make Eurobasket 2013. And Holland got two wins voided for fielding an ineligible player so Estonia made it through from the group stage and won the playoffs and the only Eurobasket 2015 spot on offer.

Holland still qualified from the main qualification tournament in 2014.

·
1st Tier Poster
49,696 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
1st Tier Poster
49,696 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
1st Tier Poster
49,696 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
this team is a total disgrace :D

I sort of saw it coming though...we just don't have any quality players...the only decent one is Vene (fully fit Kangur could be too but his back is hurting).

·
1st Tier Poster
49,696 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
but yeah, both games basically lost way before the end of 2nd quarter...it's bizarre, we can't even lose with dignity

·
THE
14,091 Posts
Aga ikka istume kõik mängud lõpuni ära :D Sest piletite eest on makstud ja telk on püsti
PS, ma ei ole Riias

·
1st Tier Poster
49,696 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
the last couple of minutes of the Lithuania game made me want to puke. I mean, I knew they will muck it up, but still it didn't make it any less annoying. You just KNOW it will happen, Estonia always finds a way to snatch a defeat from the jaws of victory every time there's a chance to make history. No matter if it is football or basketball, we never beat true giants. What was the last really big win? In basketball vs France in 2001? In football...well, never. This could have been the greatest team sports result in the past 25 years but yeah...it ended like it always does.

Zero chance of course that this team could win vs Latvia tomorrow after such a heartbreak.

·
1st Tier Poster
49,696 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
How many volleyball players from outside Estonia could you name? Not sure if I could name even 1.

It's an irrelevant sport on global stage. Basketball however is quite big.

·
1st Tier Poster
49,696 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Anyway, big match today vs Latvia. This will decide who will go to the next round: if Estonia wins, we will finish 3rd or 4th in the group. In the first instance we will face Croatia, in the second instance Greece in the next round.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts