Xtratime Community banner

Select 4 forwards you want to see in EURO.

• Jan Koller (Borussia Dortmund)

Votes: 14 93.3%
  • Vratislav Lokvenc (1. FC K'lautern)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Libor Dosek (Slovan Liberec)

Votes: 3 20.0%
  • Milan Baros (FC Liverpool)

Votes: 15 100.0%
  • Vaclav Sverkos (M'Gladbach)

Votes: 2 13.3%
  • Marek Heinz (Banik Ostrava)

Votes: 7 46.7%
  • Jiri Stajner (Sparta Prague)

Votes: 7 46.7%
  • Marek Kincl (Rubin Kazan)

• Milan Pacanda (Brno)

Votes: 1 6.7%
  • Pavel Kuka (Slavia Prague)

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7,323 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Well I'm not sure who would I choose. Koller and Baros are my favourites for sure but who else? We need a high player to be a replacement for Koller. The only player who has been called up in the last 2 years for this job is Vratislav Lokvenc :yuck: who I hate pretty much. He's a joke. Whenever he plays for my national team I start to cry. :fero: Who would I choose? I've been saying it for a year or so, Libor Dosek :thumbsup: (Slovan Liberec, played for Brno before) is something special in our league. He has scored 10 goals (a hattrick last weekend) and he seems to be talented enough. Well it's not the most important to have a talented high player (I mean dribling and shooting which he does have :star: ) but since Koller plays as a target man we have to find somebody who can do what Koller does. Lokvenc isn't the man. Dosek is high but he's not that kind of player either. Anyway, he does it better than Lokvenc and in addition he has a lot of skills, he reminds me Zlatan really. So I'd choose Libor Dosek. (Not crappy Tomas Dosek from Slavia :yuck: ) And the fourth striker? That should be somebody with skills. Vachousek is one of them (I included him in midfielders poll) and who would be the another one? At the current form- I'd go for magical Marek Heinz from Banik, but who knows how good will be Milan Pacanda, Jiri Stajner, Vaclav Sverkos and others...

So only Koller and Bros for sure at the moment.

·
Registered
7,323 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Arianna said:
mine:
Jan Koller,Milan Baros,Jiri Stajner ...and....Marek Kincl:eek:
Many people here would laugh if you said Marek Kincl for EURO 2004 but he's definitely better than Lokvenc and he has been already called up, so he has actually higher chance than my choice Dosek. Kincl would be a great back-up.

·
Registered
2,893 Posts
I just said in the other thread that you have great midfielders...your attackers stinks...

I can´t understand that you are doing so well this kind of players...the defenders, attackers sux.

sad but true

·
Registered
23,835 Posts
The Czechs have at least two good strikers and they only play one at a time most of the time, so as long as Baros and Koller stay healthy it shouldn't be such a problem, only you can't really rely on anyone else if they are not in form.

I think I picked Stajner and Kincl as backup, although honestly I never saw them play. :eek: Still I didn';t want to pick either Lokvenc or Kuka (didn't even know he was still playing).

·
Registered
7,323 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Jacques_Terrac said:
I just said in the other thread that you have great midfielders...your attackers stinks...

I can´t understand that you are doing so well this kind of players...the defenders, attackers sux.

sad but true
Koller is very unique player. I think that we play him in the most possible suitable role for him and he's extremely valuable, a key player. And about Baros, I'm afraid you haven't seen him yet. :star:

And is defence made by big names? Sometimes, but often not. In this case it works well even without big names. But all those players are so good!

All we do is the best for the team and that's the main reason why we were so sucessful in the last 2 years.

·
Registered
7,323 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Lokvenc was called MAN OF THE WEEKEND in Bundesliga, he scored 2 goals for his K'lautern. Also Václav Sverkos is in-form and not only coz of his goal this weekend...

·
Registered
96 Posts
I voted for Baros, Koller, Lokvenc and Sverkos.

I've been watching the Budesliga review lately, and Lokvenc and Sverkos seem to be on fire.

Also, to the French guy that says are Attack and Defence "sux" - You obviously dont remember the game we had against you last February. 2-0 the Czechs outplayed France for the whole 90 minutes - not one of Henry, Zidane or Cisse could break through are defence, and the goals were scored by a defender (Grygera) and an attacker (Baros) - When Baros came on, he out ran Desially every time he touched the ball, none of the old French back line could keep up... To be honest, only one team in that game had a poor defence, and it definately wasnt Czech Republic.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.