Xtratime Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
22,168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've just seen a BRILLIANT Youth NT Quarterfinal.

But it seems the Spnish complex is universal regarding senior and youth level. Spain has won 6-5 on penalties, after Denmark clawed back from a 0-2 deficit.

Denmark was easily the best team today, evenn if Spain is the tournament favourite.

Sad for the youngsters, but we should be happy that there are at least (if they keep up the motivation) 5 future NT players in the team.

Them being:

Kasper Lorentzen :star: Brøndby, Playmaker
Dennis Cagara, Brøndby, left back
Nicki Zimling, Brøndby, central midfield
Rasmus Brandrup :star: , KB (FCK), right midfield
Morten "Duncan" Rasmussen, AGF, striker

This was really tough to swallow for someone with a vivid recollection of the 1984 EURO; another game Denmark dominated and deserved to win against Spain- only to lose on penalties.

Well- good job anyway lads.

Ciao.

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
I've now seen all of Denmark's games, with exception of the 0-0 draw with England, and I'm extremely impressed :). We really have a huge bunch of talents here, and I very much agree with you on the players you picked out there, except it's not Rasmus, but Jeppe Brandrup on right midfield ;). Very tough fighter indeed, I like his way of playing. Goes on my school actually :).

They showed amazing morale in comming back, and I honestly believe we were the best team in the tournament.

Thumbs up guys :strong:!

Daniel

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
I was cheering for the Danes. I saw the game on Eurosport. I thought that the Danes were really good after coming back from 0-2. Is Duncan a good player? That's a funny name it reminds me of Duncan Ferguson.

BTW : Is that the ground where FC Lyngby play? No offence but that stadium was crap! :(

·
Star Player
3,264 Posts
lionheart said:
Is Duncan a good player? That's a funny name it reminds me of Duncan Ferguson.

BTW : Is that the ground where FC Lyngby play? No offence but that stadium was crap! :(
His name is not actually Duncan but is called that because his way of playing/build is similar to....Duncan Ferguson. ;)

It was indeed Lyngby's stadium and yes, it's not the most flashy one around.

·
Registered
22,168 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ah- true that. Jeppe it is :). Actually I don't think you're doing him justice though (which is strange as he is a future FCK player :)), as besides being a strong fighter, the man is very fast and has fine skills on the ball. Not like Lorentzen who impresses my socks off skillwise, but great skills for a power player like him.

Lionheart: Denmark has two great stadiums and 4 good ones. Lyngby Stadium isn't among them you're quite right on that :). It's unfair taunting Lyngby this year though, as they're certain of relegation becaue of financial problems and has been forced to play the second half of the tournament with an amateur team which is the same as sayng they're getting toyed with every week. Never kick the man lying on the ground already :).
On the plusside it must be said that they serve the best grilled sausages in Denmark though :D.

Ciao.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts