Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 231 Posts

·
Canonized
37,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just watched the game Belgium X Sweden.
Let's hope that the wuality of the teams will be better. the first half I thought it was appalling:( Although in the second half both teams came better:)
This group I think italy will come first and Belgium second.
That #11 of Belgium is CRAP!:(
Whay do you guys think?

·
Xtratime Allstar
9,820 Posts
i hope italy is gionna win this group,but i also hope sweden will go to the second round.
italy can't lose against turkey and belgium!!
both teams are ok but italy are stronger.
about the sweden-italy game i think it will finnish draw.
italy have won the 2 first games and must take it easy and try to not have any player injured.
back to this game,sweden and belgium played in the same way and it had to finnish draw,but the referee was on belgiums side and they had the luck today.
the mpenza goal wasn't right,he took the ball with his hand before he shot i think.
sweden could have play 2-2 or something but they didn't and now it will be very difficult.
the game was ok,not one of the best but the second half was entertaining.
hope you all here on the brazilian forum(ze,amo,kat,natalya,alexx,aquila) will see italy crush turkey tomorrow!!!
i will really enjoy it,hope you do it too

·
Registered
17,861 Posts
I only like Luc Nilis in the Belgium team and that is for obvious reasons (no, not cuz he;s cute, cuz he isn't!) He;s a Villa player from July 1st!! :)

·
Xtratime Allstar
9,820 Posts
yeah thats true,nilis is going to villa,maybe also some other forward,hakan sukur maybe but please don't be on turkeys side when they meet us,cause we gotta win!!!!
forza azzuri

·
Canonized
37,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
nasty,
I din't see much of the Italy game, but I think Turkey and Italy can beat Belgium and Sweden. Sweden could have drawn that game yesterday but I think their manager was bit to conservative:(

Today's game I liked Holland in the first half....second half the Czechs could have won it. What a robbery made by Mister Collina!!:( Holland did not have someone in the middle to put the balls thorough to Kluivert, they shold probably set Bergkamp a little bit back, or put Seedorf a little bit forward so they can create something. Davids looked very cool in his glasses:)

The France game, they just played about 30 minutes in the first half after they scored teh goal...then it was just boring football, sitting at the back and waiting for that useless Danish team. It's impressive that France stil have the same side that won the World cup apart from that spoiled git called Anelka!

Let's hope England wins tomorrow:)

·
Legend
17,146 Posts
Yes me neither i did not like the first half of Belgium - Sweden it was purely boring.
Sunday's games, first Italy deserved to win it largely but could not capitalize all their occasions and won once again thanks to a controversial decision from the world's best diver, Dr.Pippo!He should have been sent off for that dive!

The Dutch were dissapointing...but they were also like that in the World Cup in their first game against Belgium but i'm sure they'll do better after or they will soon go home...well not very far as they're already at home!:)

The French, after an hesitating first 15 minutes, took control of the game and from then on, they dominated. In the second half, once again, after a good rush from the Danes during the first 10-15 minutes, then Henry and Zidane put on a real show. Zidane showed why he's the best player in the world and the french why they're the world champs!

Ze, what do you think of the Euro performances from the team so far? I'm looking forward to watch the Portuguese and Spaniard teams, 2 of the most talented in the world. But surely the French have set the tone and warned everybody
that they're here and will be very hard to beat them!Zidane said before the beginning of the tournament that team is BETTER than in 98!and he's right!In 98 there were not a world class forward now they have Henry, Trezeguet, Wiltord,
and ....Anelka when he wants to play!

I hope that tomorrow, Figo and co will give some good football lessons to the English with their always attitude of being the best...and wrongly!

Allez Les Bleus!
Forza Magico Milan!

The world will be...Bleu Blanc Rouge...again!

·
Registered
17,861 Posts
Well of course I supported the Azzurri, with Lazio's great captain!

·
Canonized
37,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
San Siro,
I thought so far, Portugal and France have been the best sides, with Portugal playing the type of football that I like, ball on the floor, moving off the ball, controling the game.

I am abit upset cause England lost the game, but they just gave too much space for Portugal to play. Englnd were good int he first half, but after they lost Owen they got a bit lost, only playing those crap long balls to Shearer and Heskey. I think , if they play the way they played in the first half they could beat Germany, but it wil be a very tough game.

On the toher game, I was impressed by the Germany line up. I never thought they would put Paulo Rink to start for them. Paulo Rink is Brazilian and his gradmother (or dad) is German. He left Brazil 3 years ago and then he came back to play for Santos last year.....and the end of his contract he was not even being fielded for the bench in SANTOS! And now he is the Germany first team!! HAvnig said that ,Germany have got a very strong team, built on colectiveness..no big stars....excpet for Mathaus (who is walking on the pitch, someone help him please!!:)) . they have a very precise team, which is not techinically gifted but have heart and a lot pf precision , speacially on Sholln (#7, i don't know his name) and Bierhoff.
Romenia the same thing of always, dependeing on Hagi to set up the counter attack. What a crap center forward they have...even the goal he almost missed.

The best overall performance was by Portugal, but the best midfield has got to be to france, although the forwards are not all that good, despite the speed of Anelka and Henry, which are a perfect pair if France are winning a game. But then again France played agaisnt the worst team so far....Denmark....they were worthless, should have stayed home!:(

The toughest group is definetly England's group.

Let's see Spain tomorrow.

·
Running a lax ship
17,525 Posts
Mehmet Scholl is the name, he's on a sort of comeback. Funny guy who jokes all the time, but did backstab my man Andreas Herzog constantly, when both played for Bayern and Scholl wanted Herzog's playmaker role.

·
Registered
17,861 Posts
I cannot belive England could do this to me! I mean we all know they are not the worlds best technical team, but to throw away a 2 goal lead! Oh it reminds me too much of Aston Villa! :(

·
Xtratime Allstar
9,820 Posts
portugal is a great team,dont forget that.
but england was ahead 2-0 and shouldn't have lost.
but romania and germany has not impressed me so i think they still have a chance to advance.
italy will play against one of the teams in this group if they will go through,portugal is no 1 in this group,germany and england will fight for the second spot.
italy didn't really crush turkey but they won 2-1 withpot impressing me,but im glad for the victory,today its italy-belgium and if we win we have advanced.
the game will be played in the "haysel stadium" now "king boudaian stadium" we have not good memory's from the stadium i think you all remember the tragedy from cl final in 1985 when many italians died because of the english huligans....
anyway collina made a huge blunder,and im really sorry for the czechs who made a brilliant match,i wonder if this will be collina's last match in this euro?
great to finally be back on xtratime!!!!!!

·
Canonized
37,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Collina had a good game excpet that mistake on the last minute:( to fall for such a thearical divce was really bad.

Now Spain were awful yesterday. The got some really crap players like that Fran, Etcheverria, Salgado and that #3 (forgot his name) Only Raul and Mendieta taht I liked, they were the best players and the only ones really trying hard. All the other players were waliking on the pitch, probably bored for the way those Norwegians play. What a boring style:( teams like that should lose every single game.
I liked what the commentator said about Spain : "the are the pyrennial under achievers":)
Portugal so far the best team, but do they have the "shirt" to win it, and the guts? Only time will tell. Tradition counts a lot.

Quarter finals should probably be this:

Italy x England or Germany
Portugal x Belgium
Holland x Yugoslavia
Norway x France

Then either England or Germany got thorugh, Portugal go thorough, Holland and France.

the thing is , that if brazil had 4 teams in the tournament we would finish first, second , third and fourth, provided their were no surprises :):):):)
Best player do far: Figo and Rui Costa

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
Did you guys see the Yugoslavians making that unbelieable comeback yesterday? really exiting...well,this team in my opinion is the most talented in Europe,but susually they dont play as they can,typical underachievers...Miha was awful...

Italy was good but I think they lack quality...Pessotto is really lame.

Norway is so ****ing boring! heh,what do you expect from a team which most exiting player is a full back? (Heggem) Mykland is a F A N T A S T I C anchor though,both you and me Alexx we know that.:D

Spain will do better,noone can play exiting against norway and Spain is an exiting team,besides Brazil really screws up against Norway all the time...Ze keep your eyes on that Etxeberria guy,he was bad against the Norwegians but he is really hot!

The Czechs are good but they are on a bad group.They were better than the Dutch but the Collina bastardo ****ed it up.

France was impressive,they are full of QUALITY.Denmark should pack their bags for the return...

Portugal was exiting and impressive.I loved it when they screwed the English,very exiting! Figo's and Pinto's goals were brilliant and Abel Xavier had the most weird hairdo I've ever seen...:D

Team of the tournamnet so far:

Myhre (Norway)

Heggem (Norway) - Alpay (Turkey) - Nesta (Italy) - Abel Xavier (Portugal)

Conte (Italy) - Mykland (Norway) - Rui Costa (Portugal) - Drulovic (Yugoslavia)

Zahovic (Slovenia) - Figo (Portugal)

Figo and Zaho are not classic forward but I couldnt let them out!:D

·
Canonized
37,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Amoroso,
what team does he play? he lost the ball all the time:(
That Fran guy is awful, honelty I can play much better than him, and also i play better than anyone in the denmark and Norway team. Is their any way I can get a Scandinavian passport? Paulo Rink got a German one:)

·
Xtratime Allstar
9,820 Posts
yeah come to sweden and i fix one to you,we need someone who can score goals!!!!

·
Running a lax ship
17,525 Posts
What abou the other Anderssons. They are only three now, compared to six against Austria before Euro....

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
I think Fran wasnt that bad...

Etxeberria plays for Atletic Bilbao and that means he is a Basque.Honestly,it was just a bad day,he is one of the most exiting and flashy wingers I've ever seen.Very nice player.

·
Xtratime Allstar
9,820 Posts
alexx there are 4 anderssons in sweden
patrik
daniel
anders
kenet

·
Canonized
37,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
what about Italy today?
Their dfense was simply perfect, but the rest of the team completely bored me to death.I hate Italian tactics of defending a 1x0 lead, is just so boring, speacially considering the team they were playing against!
Inzaghi is so crap, what a cry-baby.....Del Piero should start the next game.
But they got what they wanted.....the win:)

1 - 20 of 231 Posts