Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
4,720 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
EURO QF - Portugal vs England

This poll is based on the voting in the group polls. It's just for run so that we can vote on how we think EURO 2004 will go down and then of course, we can see how close we were.

Just so there's no confusion, this is how the teams were determined:

Group A

Portugal - 77 votes (61 with Spain, 13 with Greece, 3 with Russia)
Spain - 64 votes (61 with Portugal, 3 with Russia)

This is why Portugal gets the A1 position and Spain gets A2.

Group B

England - 65 votes (59 with France, 1 with Switzerland, 5 with Croatia)
France - 105 votes (59 with England, 39 with Croatia, 7 with Switzerland)

This is why England gets B2 and France gets B1.

·
Registered
4,720 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
i voted for portugal. they have a very good team and are hosts while england have.........um.......err.......they have......i guess......hard work ethic?

:p

M

·
0 Posts
Luigi Vampa said:
haha, come on mike, why didnt you let me have it? i know you wanted to;-)
You can have your opinion, but I just don't understand how you can think a team which has the vast majority of it's players playing for the best teams in the Premiership, which is one of the best leagues in the world only has "good work ethic". Care to give any reasons why?

·
Registered
4,720 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
didnt we already go over that mike? a looong time ago. for the croats, it doesnt matter if you think croatia will be there instead of england (i agree with you on that), this poll is just based on the previous results. can we just stay on topic please?

·
Legend
17,146 Posts
Portugal hands down. Just too much talent, fire power and class for the hardworking Englishmen to handle, I'm afraid...;)

Cheers.;)

·
Registered
2,665 Posts
Don't bash me for saying this but on current form it has to be England. Plus, they always seem to win those games when people talk about how badly they are going to lose (erm, vs. Argentina:rolleyes: :) )

On talent Portugal could show them a thing or to, but as a team England always overcome the theory that people find them ignorant and a 'media' team.

·
Registered
36,107 Posts
Portugal, only because of home field advantage...

1 - 20 of 56 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.