1 - 20 of 185 Posts

·
Registered
69,666 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Friday, 15 November. 21:45.

National Arena, Bucharest

Squad:

Portari: Ciprian Tătărușanu (Lyon, 65/0) Florin Niță (Sparta Praga 2/0), Silviu Lung (Kayserispor 3/0)

Fundași: Vasile Mogoș (Cremonese, 0/0), Romario Benzar (Lecce, 18/0), Adrian Rus (MOL Fehérvár, 3/0), Ionuț Nedelcearu (FC UFA, 7/0), Iulian Cristea (FCSB, 1/0), Andrei Burcă (CFR Cluj, 0/0) Nicușor Bancu (Universitatea Craiova, 12/0), Alin Toșca (Gazişehir Gaziantep, 17/0)

Mijlocași: Ciprian Deac (CFR Cluj, 22/4), Ianis Hagi (Genk, 8/0), Răzvan Marin (Ajax Amsterdam, 20/1), Tudor Băluță (Brighton, 5/0), Dan Nistor (Dinamo București, 2/0), Alexandru Cicâldău (Universitatea Craiova, 5/0), Alexandru Mitriță (New York City FC, 9/2), Florinel Coman (FCSB, 1/0), Nicolae Stanciu (Slavia Paraga, 35/10), Constantin Budescu (Astra Giurgiu, 12/5)

Atacanți: Claudiu Keșeru (Ludogorets, 36/13), George Pușcaș (Reading, 12/6), Denis Alibec (Astra Giurgiu, 9/1)

Head to Head: 10 matches, 3 Romanian wins, 3 draws, 4 Swedish wins.

Andone is injured for 2 months I think.

·
Ilie Balaci ❤
10,226 Posts
Oh, does that mean he can call a replacement? It would be nice if he called Ivan or even Man

Radu, Hanca, and A. Baluta the other notable missing players, but otherwise a good selection

·
Administrator
52,354 Posts
Its do or die time baby. Its odd, I rarely watch the away games on tv, but go to the stadium for every home game :D But this is super key game so will be tuning in.

Who are the best players in Romania now? Of the top of my head, only know the former keeper in fiorentina who is now in Nantes, Andone from Depor days, Hagi Jr and Chiriches.

·
Ilie Balaci ❤
10,226 Posts
Its do or die time baby. Its odd, I rarely watch the away games on tv, but go to the stadium for every home game :D But this is super key game so will be tuning in.

Who are the best players in Romania now? Of the top of my head, only know the former keeper in fiorentina who is now in Nantes, Andone from Depor days, Hagi Jr and Chiriches.
Tata is at Lyon now playing second fiddle to Lopes.. he should have just stayed at Nantes or gone elsewhere, but apparently there was some misunderstanding on his role in the team, hopefully leaves in January.

Andone is on loan at Galatasaray from Brighton where he actually scored in the Prem early on in the season before he left bc of a suspension I think? In any case scored a couple goals in Turkey lately but just got injured so he’s out for this.

Hagi Jr was doing well for Genk in Belgium and CL but was randomly dropped for no apparent reason, luckily that dumb coach just got sacked.

Chiriches is out injured again... but he’s been a consistent starter for Sassuolo on loan from Napoli with obligation to buy.

As for the best players, I’d say (but not limited to):

Puscas from Reading has been doing really well for us at least

Budescu the lazy magician who just got called back up again after a long time

Hagi Jr which I described above

Razvan Marin from Ajax although he’s had some playing time problems recently (not his fault imo)

Stanciu who’s been really good in a tough CL group with Slavia

Mitrita who’s been lighting it up in MLS as well as recent internationals and is a quick player with a good dribble and sometimes distance shots

Coman who is one of our most promising young talents, very skillful player who has matured over the past year and is lighting up Liga I now. Wanted by Man City and their MLS club NYCFC (supposedly), and offers were made by Benfica and Sporting

Tudor Baluta who is currently our only reliable DM aside from maybe Bordeianu or Anton who I don’t like much, and is playing for Brighton U23s mostly, had some senior minutes in the League Cup, and a couple times on the bench in the PL. He has a high ceiling though and hope he reaches it

Nedelcearu who has been solid at the back for us and starts for Ufa in Russia, apparently wanted by Fulham, Werner Bremen, and some a French clubs for this winter window. Rus has been good too though a little less experienced.

Tatarusanu who you already know, despite not playing for Lyon has been amazing internationally

Radu our young keeper who has had some incredible games and saves in Serie A for Genoa and in line to replace Tata soon, although he was strangely dropped this time around

Missing Andone and especially Chiriches sucks, and they’d also be in this list if they weren’t injured, but that’s that.

·
Ilie Balaci ❤
10,226 Posts
@Osman

Who would you say are the best for Sweden, Berg, Lindelof, Forsberg, Quaison? How’s Isak doing btw?

·
General Iordanescu
28,397 Posts
The 'best' Romanian player depends on what you mean by 'best'

Most technical: Budescu by far. But he's not played for the NT in over a year I think.

Stanciu is a key player, and Mitrita can trouble Sweden too. Puscas is phenomenal when in form... but he isn't in form.

Our defense is young to very young, except the GK. Marin and Hagi are good but haven't been playing much lately.

·
Registered
16,221 Posts
It seems (according to GSP) that Spain needs to win in order to keep their first pot status...

If that's correct our mission is almost imposssible considering our form. But at least I wanna beat Sweden. They seem too full of themselves, they underestimate us on top of using the racist chants in their favour.
Beating them and showing we can olay good football could leave us in a good place towards a possible NL playoff

·
General Iordanescu
28,397 Posts
How about this 11 vs Sweden?

Tata -- Benzar, Nedelcearu, Rus, Bancu -- Baluta, Nistor -- Mitrita, Budescu, Coman -- Alibec (Puscas)

For Hagi, it's a 4-2-3-1 with Mitrita on the right and Coman on the left.

·
Ilie Balaci ❤
10,226 Posts
Yes yes yes!

·
Registered
16,221 Posts
It sounds great on paper but no. Coman does (some) defensive work, Budescu and Mitri none. Nistor is mostly offensive...

It would be great to put those 4 together, but It would be ideal to try it in an easier game maybe

·
Registered
69,666 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Mitrita and Stanciu have to play, mainly because they won their place in previous games. I was thinking these days about the option of Coman on the left and Mitrita on the right. It's not the best position for Mitri but he can adapt better than others. I'd do probably a 4-3-2-1.

------------------------------Tatarusanu
------------Nedelcearu----------------------Rus
Benzar--------------------------------------------------Bancu
-----------------Marin------T.Baluta-----Stanciu
--------------Mitrita---------------------------Coman
------------------------------Puscas

With Mitrita and Coman more as offensive midfielders than wingers, and mixing and changing their positions during the game. Wingbacks (Benzar and Bancu) to attack the flanks.

There are problems between Contra and Ionut Radu btw. That's why he wasn't called. Nita is a reserve at Sparta, and Lung is not in the best moment of his career.
My 3 GKs at the moment would be: Tatarusanu, Radu and Cabuz. I think they are the three best options for the NT.

·
Ilie Balaci ❤
10,226 Posts
True, that’s a good trio to have. I would also consider Aioani (though better for U21 now), Lung, maybe Balgradean/Vlad (if he starts playing over the former) after them. Nita and Panti don’t play for their clubs. Tata is an exception of course but hopefully he moves in the winter.

Also, I like the idea of that formation, a bit narrow to use two AMs instead of the wingers but we can have the wingbacks overlap that way (Benzar and Bancu would be great for this) and Mitrita and Coman would wreak having playmaking, taking on players themselves, or taking the quality distance shots they have.

Then they have Stanciu Marin Baluta behind them who all have good balance of offensive qualities as well as defensive ones and improved tactical intelligence.

I like it. But I’m not sure how close Contra will be to these ideas

·
Registered
16,221 Posts
Gsp says this will be the line up:

Cum ar arăta echipa cu Suedia
Tătărușanu - Benzar, Nedelcearu, Rus, Bancu - T. Băluță, Stanciu - Deac, Mitriță, Coman - Pușcaș

Definately very interesting to watch

·
Ilie Balaci ❤
10,226 Posts
Not as good as what GICA said but even that would be a nice one. Then later in the match maybe move Mitri over to Deacs spot and bring in Budescu or Hagi. Or Marin and have two AMs as GICA said but I doubt that’ll happen. Probably Marin or Nistor to come on for Stanciu (or even Baluta depending on the situation) in a 2 man midfield

·
General Iordanescu
28,397 Posts
Any combination of attacking players would be interesting given our squad.

But where's the brain in attack? They're all skilled, and Coman is in good form, but one is slow, one is not integrated... so I don't fully like those 3 AMs playing together. Mitrita deserves to play, yes, and Coman deserves minutes. But IDK, I'm not convinced.

·
Ilie Balaci ❤
10,226 Posts
Tonight, a very important Czech Rep - Kosovo.
Kosovo will be missing forward Vedat Muriqi from Fenerbahce, a big loss for them. The Czechs in good form, hopefully they win or at least don’t lose

1 - 20 of 185 Posts