1 Turkey
2 England
3 Slovakia
4 Macedonia
5 Liechtenstein

·
The Dude
4,448 Posts
A pretty good group for England I must say :)

Turkey,Macedonia and Slovakia all played in our(swedens) WC-qualification group and the only real threat will be Turkey.

England should cruise through this group and finnish first...

·
Registered
64 Posts
D.BECKS said:
I like the teams we are going to face in our group.Actually I loved the draw thank you lord.
Hahahahahahahaha
I just hope that your team will think as you do when they play aginst Turkey ;)

If England finish second , then you are lucky !!!
Turkey will finish first of course :D

England : 0 Turkey 2
Turkey : 4 England 0

Time is on my side

Attachments

·
Registered
9,811 Posts
Shut the hell up please, Turkey have FAILED to score against England ever. An easy 2-0 win for England.

You want proof?

WCQ, 1984. Istanbul, 8-0

WCQ, 1885, Wembley, 5-0

EQ, 1987, Izmir, 0-0

EQ, 1987, Wembley, 8-0

EQ, 1991, Izmir, 1-0

EQ, 1991, Wembley, 1-0

WCQ, 1992, Wembley, 4-0

WCQ, 1993, Izmir, 2-0

OMFG, i'll put a huge bet they'll get thrashed home or away.

·
Registered
5,189 Posts
England might think this is an easy group but they might be surprised....

Turkey were a very poor side when they played in the above matches. Turkey like Sweden also played Macedonia and Slovakia and done well against them.

Turkey are very solid and can play well away from home and if England play like they did against Greece then Turkey will beat England IN England.

Just ask the Republic of Ireland about Turkey. Ask them about Macedonia too and their so called easy game in Skopje ending in a 3-2 defeat.

So yes it is a decent draw for England, but not as easy as it first appears. Slovakia are more then capable of grinding 0-0 draws away from home to good sides. They can defend very well when they want too.

I'm going to put 10 quid on Turkey to win this group. I think you'll get some good prices for that too.

·
Registered
9,811 Posts
Turkey are one of the most over-hyped teams. Their record is pretty grim. They finally finnish second an everyone sunddenly expects them to win 2002.

Sweden beat them for gods sake (home if im correct?), and the only thing Sweden has is their defense i wouldn't be suprised if Nigeria beat them. And Ireland are nothing to go by either.

Think about it realistically, by 2004 England players will be matured and almost at their prime.

·
Registered
9,967 Posts
It is a reasonable draw for England. Turkey should pose the most problems among the sides here, but if England can play to the best of their ability, I would fancy their chances of topping the group. Not discounting Slovenia or Macedonia, England should get some good results away to them. Liechenstein should be six points in the bag for England, if not for most of the teams.:)

paw;)

·
Registered
9,811 Posts
Well of course England top the group they will be much better then they are......there a young side who need more experience, Sven called this a "learning curve"

·
Registered
15,555 Posts
I reckon in the games between England and Turkey this will happen:

Turkey 2-0 England
England 2-0 Turkey

·
Registered
64 Posts
topings for icecream ;)

Russell said:
Well of course England top the group they will be much better then they are......there a young side who need more experience, Sven called this a "learning curve"
Write this down @

No matter how good England team might be when the games gets started for Euro2004 Qlf...
England will NOT top the group , but you should all know who will !
TURKEY (Turkiye);) :tongue:

·
International
9,526 Posts
How can you argue with that logic Russell;)

Seriously, England have finally been given a decent break. And I can't believe we're in a world cup qualifying group without Poland. turkey will cause problems, but their main asset is their home support. I wouldn't be surprised if we got a draw over there.

·
Registered
5,189 Posts
IMO Turkey could win their 6 games against the 'weak' teams of this group. The question is can England too?? We all know England always slip up to average sides like they did with Greece, Finland and Slovakia and Macedonia will certainly be capable of it too.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Dan said:
IMO Turkey could win their 6 games against the 'weak' teams of this group. The question is can England too?? We all know England always slip up to average sides like they did with Greece, Finland and Slovakia and Macedonia will certainly be capable of it too.
England results against Greece and finland

Greece 0 - 2 England
England 2 - 2 Greece

England 2 - 1 Finland
Finland 0 - 0 England

How are those results classed as slip-ups???? Greece and finland aren't mugs .they're better than the likes of macedonia for f***s sake .

The turks had problems against slovakia and Macedonia...

They drew 3 -3 at home with macedonia and were lucky to get a draw after they went 3 - 1 down .I watched the game on Eurosport and Turkey only got a draw after some generous referee decisons..They also drew 1 - 1 at home with Slovakia and narrowly won 1 - 0 in Slovakia .I watched this game and slovakia played them off the park....

Turkey are a decent team who are capable of getting results ,but lets be realistic......England should be more than capable of beating them.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts