San Marino 1 - 0 Liechtenstein
Northern Ireland 1 - 1 Serbia & Montenegro
Italy 1 - 1 Spain
Portugal 2 - 2 Sweden

·
Registered
4,720 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
a pretty impressive result for bulgaria against cameroon. berbatov with 2 goals (1 penalty) and he should be good in portugal.

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
Yes I'm watching the game.
Every Romanian shot is a goal. Germany's 2 central defenders and defensive midfielders (Ramelow, Jeremies) are a joke.

M

·
0 Posts
Anyone know where I can see this game on the net at all? It isn't on TV here... :(

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
Luigi Vampa said:
looks like the germans managed to close off the flood gates somehow.
0-5

Last time Germany lost like this (5 goal difference) was in WC 1954 group stages against Hungary, form then on everybody underestimated them and they won against Hungary in the final...

·
Registered
4,720 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
well i wouldnt underestimate them from this game, its only a friendly. i still dont expect them to get out of their group though but thats because the czech republic and holland are just too strong.

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
Czech Rep is average, overrated.
Only Netherlands and France are bigger favourites than Germany to win EC.
Teams like Spain and Portugal always bottle in big tournaments.
Maybe Italy has higher chances than Germany too, but the midfield and coach are sh*t.

·
Registered
4,720 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
the midfield is only poor if traps chooses to make it so. otherwise well be strong all over and definately better than germany.

i dont think the czech republic is overrated.

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
the midfield is only poor if traps chooses to make it so. otherwise well be strong all over and definately better than germany.

Italy lack players who can defend (really good) and at the same time can score ore create.
C.Zanetti hasnot scored in Serie A for 5 years, Perrotta doesn't score, Gattuso too. Pirlo ís not good at defending.
I'm talking about players like Davids, Seedorf, Baraja.

i dont think the czech republic is overrated.
I'm almost 100% sure that they will get kicked out in the group stages.
In the past 12 months they only drew and today lost to Japan.
They were only good for 1 year when Nedved had his magical season. Now --> average.

·
Registered
4,720 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
well im hoping that zanetti and perrotta dont play, thats what i mean by traps deciding how good our midfield is.

gattuso and pirlo link up exceptionally well, gattuso does the dirty work and pirlo distributes the ball so if they play together theyll do great just like they do for milan. maresca can play both ways very well but i doubt hell even be in the squad. ambrosini can also play both ways very well and hell probably be in the squad although i doubt as a starter. seedorf is not good defensively and to make matters worse, hes inconsistent, horribly inconsistent.

i guess well see about the czech republic but i can only see them winning their group.

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
Luigi Vampa said:
well im hoping that zanetti and perrotta dont play, thats what i mean by traps deciding how good our midfield is.

gattuso and pirlo link up exceptionally well, gattuso does the dirty work and pirlo distributes the ball so if they play together theyll do great just like they do for milan. maresca can play both ways very well but i doubt hell even be in the squad. ambrosini can also play both ways very well and hell probably be in the squad although i doubt as a starter. seedorf is not good defensively and to make matters worse, hes inconsistent, horribly inconsistent.
From eurosport comments:
Italy-Spain 42' A good spell of Spanish pressure here... they pass the ball around so slickly in midfield when they have the time, Italy realy need to hassle their opponents more effectively!

Whomever Italy puts in midfield, they won't win the whole thing. Midfield simply sucks.

·
Registered
4,720 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
its only one comment from one game. with pirlo and gattuso milan rarely lack in the midfield. we pretty much have our way with it in fact so theres no reason we cant do that internationally.

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
Netherlands with brillant second half 4-0.
Italy - Spain 0-1 Torres

Edit: Vieri 1-1.
Vieri's headers are Italy's strongest weapon.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts