Xtratime Community banner

61 - 80 of 567 Posts

·
Registered
342 Posts
23 Man Squad

GK: Livakovic - Grbic - Kalinic

DEF: Vrsaljko - Lovren - Vida - Barisic - Caleta-Car - Sosa - Juranovic - Gvardiol

MID: Modric - Brozovic - Vlasic - Kovacic - Pasalic - Badelj,

FWD: Petkovic - Perisic - Rebic - Kramaric - Brekalo - Orsic

25 Man Squad = add Majer and Moro
26 Man Squad = add Budimir

·
Registered
2,136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #63 ·
If I was picking the 25 today:

Livaković, Sluga, Kalinić
Vrsaljko, Uremović, Sosa, Bradarić, Lovren, Vida, Ćaleta-Car, Gvardiol
Brozović, Badelj, Bašić, Modrić, Kovačić, Vlašić, Pašalić
Perišić, Brekalo, Rebić, Oršić, Kramarić, Petković, Budimir

Ist XI

Livaković - Vrsaljko, Lovren, Gvardiol, Sosa - Brozović, Modrić - Perišić, Vlašić, Rebić - Petković.

2nd XI

Sluga - Uremović, Vida, Ćaleta-Car, Bradarić - Bašić, Badelj, Kovačić - Brekalo, Budimir, Kramarić.

Reserves
Pašalić, Oršić

·
Registered
69,853 Posts
If anything I fear he will give the nod to the questionable call-ups from the qualifying (Skoric, Melnjak etc.) because they are "part of the team" already :rolleyes: Maybe even Jedvaj makes a return because he is starting to play for Leverkusen now

·
Registered
149 Posts
I got the same fear.

Livakovic

Vrsaljko Lovren Vida Barisic Caleta Car Juranovic

Modric Brozovic Vlasic Kovacic Pasalic Badelj

Rebic Perisic Petkovic Kramaric Orsic Budimir Brekalo

Except for injuries i think that these 20 players are already in.

2 gk.
+
4 players

Uremovic Sosa Moro Majer i hope.

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
I got the same fear.

Livakovic

Vrsaljko Lovren Vida Barisic Caleta Car Juranovic

Modric Brozovic Vlasic Kovacic Pasalic Badelj

Rebic Perisic Petkovic Kramaric Orsic Budimir Brekalo

Except for injuries i think that these 20 players are already in.

2 gk.
+
4 players

Uremovic Sosa Moro Majer i hope.
The 23 outfield players you list I also would take. But I don't know if Dalic is able to manage 26 players. As he has had difficulties with the previous squad, which had more then 23 players, and some players unhappiness with their playing ti time. I suspect Dalic would of preferred the competition left at a 23 man squad

·
Registered
69,853 Posts
At this point in the season any injury is a potential Euro threatening one, Vlasic and Barisic both got injured this week, Vlasic seems to be ok after some fears he would miss the Euros, Barisic was subbed off due to a thigh injury, no update until tomorrow probably

·
Registered
4,165 Posts
Livakovic
Lovren Caleta Car Gvardiol
Brozovic
Vrsaljko Modric Kovacic Perisic
Petkovic Kramaric

With the same system used by Conte at Inter this 11 could do well.
Gvardiol probably doesn't even make the roster (maybe has a small shot with the 26 man squad) and I don't like dropping Vlašić to get an extra CB on the pitch

also Šime has only played 12' in the last 2 months for Atletico so unfortunately I don't know that we can count on him to be playing 90' as a wing back in a 352... and we don't have a natural RWB backup for him

·
dinamo67
9,721 Posts
My 26 man squad:

GK: Livakovic, Sluga, Kalinic

DF: Vrsaljko, Uremovic, Vida, Lovren, Caleta Car, Gvardiol, Sosa, Barasic

MF: Modric, Kovacic, Brozovic, Vlasic, Pasalic, Basic, Badelj, Majer/Moro

FW: Petkovic, Kramaric, Budimir, Rebic, Perisic, Brekalo, Orsic

·
Registered
69,853 Posts
Think this is all clickbait nonsense honestly

But if it is true then it’s his choice, can’t do much about it other than blame Dalic for picking guys like Melnjak over him considering in the past they went out of their way capping guys like Halilovic

·
Registered
4,165 Posts
Think this is all clickbait nonsense honestly

But if it is true then it’s his choice, can’t do much about it other than blame Dalic for picking guys like Melnjak over him considering in the past they went out of their way capping guys like Halilovic
I agree with you on blaming Dalić BUT the capping rules have changed since Halilović so it's not as easy to lock down a player, especially a young player. Then again he is 23 now so he should've been capped and locked

HS can you answer why he is eligible to switch? he played at an official tournament (u21 Euros... or does not that not count?) in 2019 and he was not eligible to play for Germany until he was > 21 (as he is just now getting naturalized and a passport at age of 23)

·
Registered
5,261 Posts
This is Dalic’s fault. His job is to pick the best players or team. Melnjak isn’t even a top 5 LB for Croatia? He’s clearly demonstrated enough this season that even the Germans want him. And with the new rules he and the federation has to have these things in the back of their heads. This isn’t one tournament problem but you could’ve ruined a spot for ten years?

I still think this is a ploy to force the issue. But Dalic has been all about the old guard and cohesion wouldn’t be suprised he won’t be called up

·
Registered
69,853 Posts
I read his mom is born in Germany so he will be eligible once he gets the passport, it’s not a naturalization process like Olmo would have been for example

Sosa is like Karacic who was easily able to switch to Australia because of a parent

·
dinamo67
9,721 Posts
Dalic's response

Svatko ima pravo birati za koga će igrati i to je sve što ću reći - kazao nam je Dalić u kratkom telefonskom razgovoru, prije nego je Savez pustio službenu izjavu našeg izbornika.

"Borna Sosa je na našem radaru, redovito pratimo njegove nastupe u klubu i on je sigurno na širem popisu kandidata za A reprezentaciju. Povrh toga, bio je aktivan član mladih hrvatskih reprezentacija s kojima je postizao uspjehe, što je najbolji put do A reprezentacije. Od Borne očekujemo da nastavi s dobrim igrama u Stuttgartu i na taj se način još više približi A reprezentaciji. Naravno, svaki igrač ima pravo odlučiti koju zemlju želi predstavljati, ako ima takve opcije", poručio je putem HNS-a izbornik Vatrenih.

Crap response. Dalic is really frustrating the crap out of me at the moment. "He's on our radar?" Yeah great and he's also on Dalic's extended squad. Brilliant. He should be starting over Barisic at this point. Nah lets keep calling up some nobody from the Turkish league.

61 - 80 of 567 Posts