Xtratime Community banner

641 - 646 of 646 Posts

·
Registered
749 Posts
There are no differences between cacic and dalic. If cacic would have beaten Portugal and then in the next rounds beaten wales+poland and gotten to the final, he would be revered like dalic is currently. If dalic lost to Denmark on penalties, he would be shit on like cacic was. The only difference betweeen the two is dalic had luck and cacic didn’t

·
Registered
376 Posts
There are no differences between cacic and dalic. If cacic would have beaten Portugal and then in the next rounds beaten wales+poland and gotten to the final, he would be revered like dalic is currently. If dalic lost to Denmark on penalties, he would be shit on like cacic was. The only difference betweeen the two is dalic had luck and cacic didn’t
Nah Dalic at least tries to get think tactically. Cacic had Brozovic playing right wing.
Besides in any tournament you need luck. In saying that Dalic isn't the best

·
Registered
1,622 Posts
Nah Dalic at least tries to get think tactically. Cacic had Brozovic playing right wing.
Besides in any tournament you need luck. In saying that Dalic isn't the best
i think Dalic is the most tactical Izbornik since maybe Bilic? You can tell he thinks through at least when initially setting up a team. i have issues with his in game management ,as he is more reactionary with his late substitutions and does not change shape or adjust that well to what is going on.
i listened to an english podcast recently on how they can't play a 4-2-3-1 against France(if they playthem in a knock out) as it would leave them too exposed. Where the host said that a 3-4-3 would probably be better against the French, and most agreed. you feel that Dalic would at least looks at tactics like that and formations and try to maximize what we have depending on the opponent. With Cacic i never felt that. Maybe Cacic was a motivator but iMO he was saved because he had a younger team that was just entering its prime(except for Srna). But there was no cohesive tactical plan that i ever saw from him. just agreeing to what your first line is there.

·
Registered
376 Posts
i think Dalic is the most tactical Izbornik since maybe Bilic? You can tell he thinks through at least when initially setting up a team. i have issues with his in game management ,as he is more reactionary with his late substitutions and does not change shape or adjust that well to what is going on.
i listened to an english podcast recently on how they can't play a 4-2-3-1 against France(if they playthem in a knock out) as it would leave them too exposed. Where the host said that a 3-4-3 would probably be better against the French, and most agreed. you feel that Dalic would at least looks at tactics like that and formations and try to maximize what we have depending on the opponent. With Cacic i never felt that. Maybe Cacic was a motivator but iMO he was saved because he had a younger team that was just entering its prime(except for Srna). But there was no cohesive tactical plan that i ever saw from him. just agreeing to what your first line is there.
Yea agree Dalic in game management is pretty terrible. The late subs are a killer at times

641 - 646 of 646 Posts