Xtratime Community banner

601 - 620 of 646 Posts

·
Registered
69,936 Posts
If he does overlook Pongračić what was the point of putting him on standby?
Dalic doesn’t think outside the box with his call-ups unless absolutely necessary. Remember the Slovakia qualifier where they needed to use the 4th CB, the entire campaign it was Skoric (in an effort to sell him imo) but when it came to the game he completely overlooked him :ROFLMAO: Same thing now, he wants Skoric in the squad to help Osijek but he probably doesn’t want to use him, probably his same thinking of Orsic whom he doesn’t seem to rate but probably will get blasted if he doesn’t get called up

Anyway they can always activate Corluka :whistle:

·
Registered
208 Posts
Maybe Dalic will dare a new pairing now that one of Lovren Vida is not ready to play.
This is his opportunity to try some Pongracic Caleta or Caleta Gvardiol without having to feel much sorry about Vida knowing Lovren won't be there to whine. And as some people think Vida seems easier to deal with even if he is not starting.

·
Registered
2,206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #607 ·
With Lovren out I can't see Vida not starting. Hard to imagine him going with Gvardiol-DĆC, with Gvardiol debuting and not having ever played with Ćaleta-Car.

·
Registered
210 Posts
This is a pretty good write up here. There is a link to all the other teams too.
Mentions in the text that Modric has announced his international retirement after this tournament. I must have missed that, can anyone confirm?

Surprised a bit about the crossing, as the article indicates that we do that more than most. I have read elsewhere that crosses aren't that affective in goal scoring terms & certainly aren't with this team unless we have Budimir as the target man.

·
No pain - No gain.
4,342 Posts
Mentions in the text that Modric has announced his international retirement after this tournament. I must have missed that, can anyone confirm?

Surprised a bit about the crossing, as the article indicates that we do that more than most. I have read elsewhere that crosses aren't that affective in goal scoring terms & certainly aren't with this team unless we have Budimir as the target man.
I never heard that he will retire after the tournament... Honestly, I'm a bit surprised by these words.

·
Registered
22,817 Posts
I fully expect Modric to play at the next World Cup. He hasn't announced anything.
I hope so. He has re-signed with Real and is still at prime level. We need him big time. We have huge qualifiers coming up in September, in particular the first one away in Russia, must win.

·
No pain - No gain.
4,342 Posts

·
Registered
6,790 Posts
Weird question; if Livaković either has terrible form, picks up a knock or even less realistic, picks up a red card - who is our #2 GK? Sluga or Kalinić??

601 - 620 of 646 Posts