Xtratime Community banner

Euro 2020 qualifiers

4K views 40 replies 12 participants last post by  ToniSamp 
#1 ·
#2 ·
I am (pleasantly) suprised that Cristante was called and equally that Lo Pellegrini wasn't.

I expected Zaniolo, Chiesa and Barella to be called for the under 21 squad.

Overall a nice looking squad; a large part of a NT coach's success rests on them calling the best players available.

#3 ·
:
G. Donnarumma
L. Hradecky
A. Florenzi
A. Granlund
L. Bonucci
J. Toivio
G. Chiellini
J. Uronen
C. Biraghi
P. Arajuuri
Jorginho
P. Soiri
N. Barella
R. Schueller
M. Verratti
R. Lod
F. Chiesa
T. Sparv
F. Quagliarella
T. Pukki
F. Bernardeschi
L. Lappalainen
coach:
R. Mancini
M. Kanerva

Kind of surprised to see florenzi back in the lineup after his disastrous last tournament performance. But nice to see quagliarella starting though that is more testament to the barrenness of the striker position. I'm sure kean will come on in second half.

#9 ·
Italy (probable): Donnarumma; Spinazzola, Bonucci, Romagnoli, Biraghi; Verratti, Sensi, Barella; Bernardeschi, Kean, Quagliarella

Nice to see Quags get a start today. Like I said, he had a dangerous header last game while Immobile didn't feature in the highlights package at all. Nice to see Kean up front again.

I've never seen Sensi play but with Barella and Verratti looks like a good ball-moving midfield that should take care of Licht with a clean sheet (hopefully).

#14 ·
Azzurri is becoming a fun energetic side again with these infusion of youngsters, and Mancini being uncharacteristically positive and welcoming to all of them in his football.

Will be interesting to follow how his final squad looks like next summer.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

#18 ·
The list of 33 players for the games vs Greece (June 8, Athens) and Bosnia (June 11, Turin)

Goalies: Alessio Cragno (Cagliari), Pierluigi Gollini (Atalanta); Salvatore Sirigu (Torino), Antonio Mirante (Roma);
Defenders: Francesco Acerbi (Lazio), Cristiano Biraghi (Fiorentina), Leonardo Bonucci (Juventus), Giorgio Chiellini (Juventus), Mattia De Sciglio (Juventus), Emerson Palmieri (Chelsea), Alessandro Florenzi (Roma), Armando Izzo (Torino), Gianluca Mancini (Atalanta), Alessio Romagnoli (Milan), Leonardo Spinazzola (Juventus);
Midfielders: Nicolò Barella (Cagliari), Federico Bernardeschi (Juventus), Bryan Cristante (Roma), Frello Filho Jorge Luiz Jorginho (Chelsea), Lorenzo Pellegrini (Roma), Stefano Sensi (Sassuolo), Marco Verratti (Paris Saint Germain), Nicolò Zaniolo (Roma);
Forwards: Andrea Belotti (Torino), Federico Chiesa (Fiorentina), Stephan El Shaarawy (Roma), Vincenzo Grifo (Friburgo), Ciro Immobile (Lazio), Lorenzo Insigne (Napoli), Moise Kean (Juventus), Leonardo Pavoletti (Cagliari), Matteo Politano (Inter), Fabio Quagliarella (Sampdoria).

#19 ·
Has the squad been cut down yet for the match tomorrow? Normally by now we know the players that will definitely not be on the bench at least.

I like that Mancini is trying new things, but I dislike when you call 33 players for a two matches. He should be calling at most 25 players. No need for any more.

#23 ·
When was the last time Italy scored three goals in one half against a team better than the likes of San Marino? :)

Reactions: ToniSamp
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.