• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 20 of 94 Posts

·
Registered
3,837 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
vs.

November 16th 2019 - 20:45 CET / Local Time (2:45 EST)

Stadion Rujevica, Fiume (Capacity 8,279)

Kvarner Otoki:

Match day 8 sees HRVATSKA host Slovakia looking to repeat the 0-4 thumping from the September match in Slovakia.

Group E standings heading into Match Day 8:

from UEFA.com:
- Croatia won 4-0 in Trnava in September
- Hosts need just one point to qualify
- Yet to lose in 13 games in Rijeka: W10 D3
- Slovakia's record in Croatia: W1 L6
- 19 November: Wales v Hungary, Slovakia v Azerbaijan

Squad TBD

Betting odds:

The game may be broadcast on ESPN3 here in USA

·
Registered
4,565 Posts
EKSKLUZIVNO! Rujevica otpada! Doznajemo gdje ćemo ugostiti Slovačku
Možda je na odluku utjecala i činjenica da Rujevica nije bila sretna za vatrene kada smo igrali ključnu utakmicu protiv Finske za plasman na SP u Rusiji

https://www.vecernji.hr/sport/ekskluzivno-rujevica-otpada-hrvatska-ce-sa-slovackom-igrati-na-drugom-stadionu-1352206

Odlučujuća utakmica kvalifikacija za Euro između Hrvatske i Slovačke 16. studenog neće se igrati na Rujevici, već u Maksimiru!

Potvrdio nam je to izvor iz HNS-a. Sve bi trebalo biti službeno kroz koji dan, kada domaćinstvo utakmice u Maksimiru odobri Uefa. U našem su Savezu uvjereni da bi to trebala biti formalnost, jer Uefa je već imala praksu odobravati tako nešto.

·
dinamo67
8,813 Posts
I would welcome the move. Hopefully when Kantrida gets their new stadium (is that still happening?) then I'd be more comfortable playing these sorts of matches there. Sorry FF and Nepoznat. :D

·
Registered
19,706 Posts
I would welcome the move. Hopefully when Kantrida gets their new stadium (is that still happening?) then I'd be more comfortable playing these sorts of matches there. Sorry FF and Nepoznat. :D
Its a do or die qualifier decider, it has to be done. Had we already qualified, then sure, leave it there. Not sure why though the HNS never thought of this possibility in advance and now has to reneg though.

·
Registered
19,706 Posts
Who will be the center back pairing for this?

Damn, Lovren and Vida for their stupidity getting carded...both were unnecessary as well. Had it been a game saving card at the end or something, but both were needless and really put us in a bind now.

That being said, if Wales wins both their last two games, this game's result won't matter as we are in. Though, I'd prefer we take care of business and win in style and celebrate with our fans after the match.

·
dinamo67
8,813 Posts
Its a do or die qualifier decider, it has to be done. Had we already qualified, then sure, leave it there. Not sure why though the HNS never thought of this possibility in advance and now has to reneg though.
They thought we would already be qualified by the last match. Have they not followed us the last few qualification stages? lol.

·
Registered
68,848 Posts
They thought we would already be qualified by the last match. Have they not followed us the last few qualification stages? lol.
That’s why I laugh when people thought they would win in Wales, it’s almost like these people are casual fans and don’t pay attention to 20-25 years of history :lala:

That had draw written all over it but the reality is that was probably the toughest away match, they ****ed up in Budapest and Baku, the two worst teams in the group.

·
Registered
19,706 Posts
That’s why I laugh when people thought they would win in Wales, it’s almost like these people are casual fans and don’t pay attention to 20-25 years of history :lala:

That had draw written all over it but the reality is that was probably the toughest away match, they ****ed up in Budapest and Baku, the two worst teams in the group.
And that's why we laugh at you, lame posts like above. Weren't you the little guy who said he "cheers for Slovenia"? Don't worry about us. Worry about your own s.hitty little NT Slovenia, "they" blow.

Weren't you the little punk who "guaranteed" Greece would smoke us in the playoff? And we all know how that turned out don't we...lol

And then predictably you went into hiding thereafter and all through our deep run in the WC pulling your hair out in anger with each win....:coffee:

PS Still waiting to find out did Lovren actually challenge the ref to a "fight" like you screeched about? Or who on England he challenged to a "fight". Maybe Henderson? :D

#youwishyouwere

·
dinamo67
8,813 Posts
Anyone knows when Mitrovic will be back on the pitch?
This was reported on the 30th September. Judging by this he should be ready for the Slovakia game. We'll see if he plays for Club Brugge in one of their matches.

"Mitrović je ostao u Bruggeu jer je ozlijedio nogu, onu istu zbog koje je prošle sezone bio duže izvan terena. Njegov povratak na teren očekujemo za desetak dana. S obzirom da ne trenira, šanse da bude spreman za utakmice Hrvatske (for the Hungary and Wales games) su 50-50 posto", rekao je glasnogovornik za Hinu na stadionu Santiagu Bernabéu gdje su nogometaši Club Bruggea trenirali uoči utakmice.

https://gol.dnevnik.hr/clanak/rubrika/nogomet/ozljeda-mitrovica-upitan-za-hrvatsku-reprezentaciju---577318.html

·
Registered
73 Posts
It’s nice to see Modric calling out the HNS after trying to move the game to Zagreb. Some say a little too late but whatever.

I would’ve loved to see the last match in Split again because the last game showed how much Hrvatska means to that part of Croatia minus the sve izgubili sranje. Now I will say this: I miss the divljaci and pyro shows from the nineties/early 2000’s and have to try to accept that the norm is for the pickasta kazalisna publika to take over. Say what you will but it’s not the same. Nekaj fali.

Good decision to have it be at Rujevica! Time for Rijecani to shine.

I wish there was a decent stadium in Gospic because Licani are great navijaci! I know from personal experience.

·
dinamo67
8,813 Posts
It’s nice to see Modric calling out the HNS after trying to move the game to Zagreb. Some say a little too late but whatever.

I would’ve loved to see the last match in Split again because the last game showed how much Hrvatska means to that part of Croatia minus the sve izgubili sranje. Now I will say this: I miss the divljaci and pyro shows from the nineties/early 2000’s and have to try to accept that the norm is for the pickasta kazalisna publika to take over. Say what you will but it’s not the same. Nekaj fali.

Good decision to have it be at Rujevica! Time for Rijecani to shine.

I wish there was a decent stadium in Gospic because Licani are great navijaci! I know from personal experience.
Our ultra groups used to be more supportive of our NT I obviously. A lot of times they dont come as groups to home games. Luckily we don't need them to create an amazing atmosphere though. It's just you won't see much pyro without them present. :D

Away games is a different story though in terms of pyro and divljaci behaviour. Our ultra groups besides Torcida ( stopped attending since Euro 2016 I believe) actually attend them most of the time. Gotta say though this qualifying campaign we've been quite behaved. No stadium bans? Can you believe it? :surprise:

·
Banned
36,097 Posts

·
dinamo67
8,813 Posts
Have a pretty good feeling Mitrovic will start at CB. Only question is if Dalic will put Jedvaj alongside him or at RB. If he does start at RB I expect Peric to start at CB. If Jedvaj starts at CB than Bartolec will be at RB. Maybe Dalic has Caleta Car ahead though. Considering Peric hasn't played a game yet I wonder if that factor's in.

Also Petkovic vs Kramaric. Perhaps Rebic vs Brekalo? You's think Rebic would start though. As for the midfield pretty certain it will be the standard Modric, Rakitic, Brozovic.

1 - 20 of 94 Posts