Xtratime Community banner

Who will win this UEFA Euro 2020 Qualifier?

• Draw with goals (1-1, 2-2, etc.)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Scoreless Draw

• Azerbaijan by 1 goal

• Azerbaijan by 2+ goals

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
21 - 40 of 114 Posts

·
Registered
3,912 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
FWIW Jedvaj hasn’t played RB for Bayer since September, plays more frequently at CB and LB. Only 155 min at RB for the entire season at Bayer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
dinamo67
9,421 Posts
Call ups

VRATARI: Lovre Kalinić (Aston Villa), Dominik Livaković (Dinamo), Simon Sluga (Rijeka)

BRANIČI: Domagoj Vida (Bešiktaš), Dejan Lovren (Liverpool), Tin Jedvaj (Bayer Leverkusen), Duje Ćaleta-Car (Olympique Marseille), Antonio Milić (Anderlecht), Borna Barišić (Glasgow Rangers), Marin Leovac (Dinamo)

VEZNI: Luka Modrić (Real Madrid), Ivan Rakitić (Barcelona), Mateo Kovačić (Chelsea), Milan Badelj (Lazio), Marcelo Brozović (Inter), Marko Rog (Sevilla), Mario Pašalić (Atalanta), Filip Bradarić (Cagliari)

NAPADAČI: Ivan Perišić (Inter), Andrej Kramarić (Hoffenheim), Ante Rebić (Eintracht), Marko Pjaca (Fiorentina), Nikola Vlašić (CSKA Moskva), Josip Brekalo (Wolfsburg)

Predpozivi: Karlo Bartolec (Nordsjaelland), Bruno Petković (Dinamo), Marin Pongračić (RB Salzburg), Josip Posavec (Hajduk)

·
Registered
69,240 Posts
Overall no real surprises, Sluga has replaced Letica as the third goalkeeper for now while Leovac returns to the NT due to the lack of left backs, Mitrovic and Vrsaljko out injured. Pjaca and Rog still on the team despite lack of play (especially Pjaca). Other news from Dalic's first press this year:
- About Srna he basically in a nice/professional way said "thanks but no thanks." He wants to use young players and find a long term solution with the right back. The goal is the build a squad towards the European Championships and beyond. Vrsaljko will miss the entire qualifications
- Kalinic is out with a concussion but if healthy he is still the #1
- Petkovic is a type of forward that Croatia currently doesn't have and a decision will be made after Dinamo's matches against Benfica
- Lovren should be ready to play by the Hungary game (he is suspended for Azerbaijan)
- Drazen Ladic scouted the Austrian league closely last few weeks; Pongracic is the closest new candidate for the NT while they also looked at Barac from Rapid Wien. They are also more closely scouting the HNL for depth players

·
No pain - No gain.
4,176 Posts
Great work HS ! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,904 Posts
Brekalo will almost certainly be a straight swap for Rebić on the right.

Have I missed something in recent weeks? When did Bradarić become a full-back?

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,609 Posts

·
Registered
396 Posts
Trying here lol
Nobody thinks we should give livakovic edge as croatian NT gk?
The 3-4 times i have seen him these last months he was a real boss, very confident very safe.

·
Registered
3,912 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
weird .... why not play Jedvaj (RB) and Bradaric (LB) in their natural position ... I can't see any sense playing Brekalo as a defender ... that's stupid :surprise:
only thing I can think of is because it's Azerbaijan at home and we will likely be in possession and attacking basically the whole 90'?

·
Registered
21,975 Posts
Pjaca suffered another ACL injury. Season over. Guy can't catch a break.
:frown_ani:

That's now two major injuries...safe to say, he'll never be what he could have been....wish him a speedy recovery and all the best.

·
Registered
21,975 Posts
only thing I can think of is because it's Azerbaijan at home and we will likely be in possession and attacking basically the whole 90'?
We will need to score early...and end this one quickly.

Remember the Kosova game...all one way traffic but no goals...then panic set in...until a late winner.

21 - 40 of 114 Posts