Xtratime Community banner

Who will win this UEFA Euro 2020 Qualifier?

• Draw with goals (1-1, 2-2, etc.)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Scoreless Draw

• Azerbaijan by 1 goal

• Azerbaijan by 2+ goals

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 20 of 114 Posts

·
Registered
3,828 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
vs.

March 21st 2019 - 20:45 CET / Local Time (14:45 EST)

Stadion Maksimir, Zagreb (Capacity 35,123)

UEFA Euro 2020 Qualifying begins when the Vatreni host Azerbaijan on Matchday 1

Betting odds:

TBD

·
Registered
6,773 Posts
So being that we’re moving down leagues in UNL, we HAVE to finish 1st or 2nd in our group to advance, correct?

The Azeri’s might be the only ‘gimme’ here in terms of qualifiers. We can’t afford to sleep walk through this one and draw. Get a few goals on the board early and throw some subs in and roll to a comfortable victory. I don’t want that last second bullshit we usually do vs. teams below our level.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
699 Posts
So being that we’re moving down leagues in UNL, we HAVE to finish 1st or 2nd in our group to advance, correct?

The Azeri’s might be the only ‘gimme’ here in terms of qualifiers. We can’t afford to sleep walk through this one and draw. Get a few goals on the board early and throw some subs in and roll to a comfortable victory. I don’t want that last second bullshit we usually do vs. teams below our level.

If we somehow finish 3rd in the group we could possibly get a playoff chance through League A since most of those teams will qualify directly except maybe iceland

·
Registered
7,917 Posts
Just wondering about our RB and LB options with Vrsaljko and Pivaric out for the season and Strinic just coming back but not playing at Milan the obvious choice of course would be Jedvaj, but is Sosa or Barisic the first choice for LB. Does anyone else see Benkovic as a contender for this campaign yet, playing regular for Celtic and amongst the fans favourites now but obviously still qualifies for the U21 squad ?
Obviously this match should be the easiest but I ve got a feeling it will be tougher than we think! MY guess is 6-0!

·
Registered
5,073 Posts
Lovren is out for Azeribijan as well, I’d give Benkovic a go. He’s been good in scotland from everything I’ve read? I thinks Caleta-Car will play more Pongracic at Salzburg has been quite good from all reports. We have some cover there to be honest.

RB will be Jedvaj baring an injury there we really don’t have any cover. LB Sosa, Barisic, Bradaric or Leovac. Whomever is playing and playing well to be honest. I hope Sosa gets a run of games at Stuttgart.

·
Registered
1,617 Posts
I think we'll see something like this:

Kalinić - Jedvaj, Barišić, Ćaleta-Car, Vida - Brozović, Rakitić - Perišić, Modrić, Rebić - Kramarić.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,828 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I think we'll see something like this:

Kalinić - Jedvaj, Barišić, Ćaleta-Car, Vida - Brozović, Rakitić - Perišić, Modrić, Rebić - Kramarić.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Seems like the best we can do with the current injury and form situation

What is the status of Kalinić? I thought I read he was injured on the weekend

·
Registered
19,644 Posts
Seems like the best we can do with the current injury and form situation

What is the status of Kalinić? I thought I read he was injured on the weekend

He walked out on us in the WC. Good riddance to him.

·
Registered
19,644 Posts
Sorry for not being more clear, I meant #1 GK Lovre Kalinić

The Kalinic I was talking about got injured pulling splinters out of his a.ss on AM's bench. :D

·
Banned
36,097 Posts
I'm with Ero H on this one. Prefer a young RB get a feel for the NT. Will probably see Jedvaj move to that position in all likelihood.
But man are we in trouble at that position, I'd have nothing against Darijo making a comeback and helping us these qualifiers.

·
Registered
5,073 Posts
If we can’t beat Azerbaijan with Bartolec at RB we’re in trouble.

Leave Jedvaj at RB, Vida, Caleta-Car, Pongaric at CB and Bradaric/Barisic at LB. This backline should be enough for Azerbaijan and Hungary.

·
Banned
36,097 Posts
If we can’t beat Azerbaijan with Bartolec at RB we’re in trouble.

Leave Jedvaj at RB, Vida, Caleta-Car, Pongaric at CB and Bradaric/Barisic at LB. This backline should be enough for Azerbaijan and Hungary.
Probably, though we're missing Šime for the entire qualifiers.

1 - 20 of 114 Posts