Xtratime Community banner

1081 - 1100 of 1121 Posts

·
Registered
5,646 Posts
You guys especially Monte must be really patient to watch all the games so religiously, I personally stopped following this sranje a long time ago.

·
Wikipedia Editor
2,400 Posts
4 away games - 4 losses.

Moving on to Play-off's. How does it work? B teams play B teams? So we've got Wales, N. Ireland and Slovakia at this moment. We will have our semi final at home. Most likely at Bilino Polje. So I firmly believe we will reach the final regardless of opponents; possibly the worst placed team in B league of nations - N. Ireland. Then there will be a draw to determine where we play in the final. We could end up hosting both semi and the final. Perhaps the final vs Wales. We've beaten both these at home. The worst case scenario is Slovakia, in Žilina, and for us that's a home game too.

It isn't a disaster yet. (looking at you @Tarik )

·
Wikipedia Editor
2,400 Posts
BiH će prvi susret baraža za EURO 2020 igrati kući protiv Sjeverne Irske

FIFA rang lista:
23. Vels
28. Irska
29. Slovačka
33. Sjeverna Irska
46. Bosna i Hercegovina

·
Registered
5,646 Posts
During the 2014 qualifiers, we had no away losses for the entire qualifying campaign, now we have no away wins with 90% of the qualifiers completed. Let that sink in..

You're too nice BIHVolim, it's been a ****ing disaster since after the World Cup in Brazil starting with that shameful home loss against Cyprus when genius Pjanic failed to convert a penalty kick and we lost against a team outside the top 100 FIFA rankings. And of course, nothing has changed for the better since than, nothing has been done to ensure this team starts qualifying regularly and the same shitty players that were untouchable in 2014 are just as untouchable today.

·
Wikipedia Editor
2,400 Posts
We can't handle Greece, even at 2 up. It's our bogey team.
One win will change all that, let's beat Italy, then we will win the final game too and with confidence enter playoff.

Prosinecki might not stay till then. Amar Osim is the best alternative.

·
Registered
5,646 Posts
One win will change all that, let's beat Italy, then we will win the final game too and with confidence enter playoff.

With all due respect, you're talking nonsense especially when you're suggesting Osim should be the new manager. Stop making excuses, we've conceeded a total of 8 goals away to "powerhouses" Finland, Armenia and Greece. How the hell are we suppose to beat Italy who haven't lost a qualifying game away from home in over 10 years!?? The only thing that might save us from complete embrassment is the fact that for the most part we play way better at home but even that might not be enough. I don't care that Greece is our bogey team, losing to them is just another huge embarassment on top of a dozen embarassments this team has produced over the last 5 years.

·
Csíkszentmihályi fan
6,006 Posts

I can't see how Amar Osim is the solution to Bosnia's football woes. He was unanimously (and rightly) rejected in favour of Prosinecki back in January 2018; his profile is too low, record too modest.

Conversely, Vinko Marinovic has at least put together decent teams at U-21 level and will likely use players who he knows well (Loncar, Turkes, Catakovic, Demirovic) and maybe call up better available alternatives in key positions (Budimir, Menalo, Kozulj, Prcic, Kodro; possibly Pavlovic, Anicic and Simunovic).

Of course, these two are not the only options, assuming Prosinecki departs following the NFSBiH meeting on 23/10/2019.

·
Registered
9,684 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,088
Prosinecki needs to go

We are not beating anyone in the baraz if he stays.

No Marinovic. No Osim. We need someone with proven experience who can build a positive team environment and play to our strengths.

Here are 3 names NT should look at approaching:

1. Kek
2. Bjelica (assuming there is a way he can take NT coaching duties whilst still manager of Dinamo Zg - has been done before but not sure if contractually possible)
3. Dusan Bajevic

·
Csíkszentmihályi fan
6,006 Posts
For all Prosinecki's mistakes, it must be said that his players have not helped him at all. Last night's second half performance was absolutely shocking. Pjanic must take some of the blame here: if he insists on playing ultra-deep – which is not where he does his best work, unlike against Finland where he ventured further forward – then the least he can do is put his foot on the ball and slow the play down. If he can't do this, then I don't know what he is there for.

A curious statistic for you: if the half-time scoreline had been the final scoreline in each of Bosnia's qualification games, then they would be unbeaten and on their way to Euro 2020.

R1 BiH 1-0 Armenia
R2 BiH 2-0 Greece
R3 Finland 0-0 BiH
R4 Italy 0-1 BiH
R5 BiH 1-0 Liechtenstein
R6 Armenia 1-1 BiH
R7 BiH 2-0 Finland
R8 Greece 1-1 BiH

·
Registered
9,684 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,090
Some more potential names:

Slavoljub Muslin
Gianni Di Biasi
Heimir Helgrimsonn

·
Registered
9,684 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,091
For all Prosinecki's mistakes, it must be said that his players have not helped him at all. Last night's second half performance was absolutely shocking. Pjanic must take some of the blame here: if he insists on playing ultra-deep – which is not where he does his best work, unlike against Finland where he ventured further forward – then the least he can do is put his foot on the ball and slow the play down. If he can't do this, then I don't know what he is there for.

A curious statistic for you: if the half-time scoreline had been the final scoreline in each of Bosnia's qualification games, then they would be unbeaten and on their way to Euro 2020.

R1 BiH 1-0 Armenia
R2 BiH 2-0 Greece
R3 Finland 0-0 BiH
R4 Italy 0-1 BiH
R5 BiH 1-0 Liechtenstein
R6 Armenia 1-1 BiH
R7 BiH 2-0 Finland
R8 Greece 1-1 BiH
Interesting points but ultimately football is a game of 90 minutes. If Prosinecki cannot create a decent game plan for the WHOLE game and improvise when necessary then he is useless.

Honestly I don't even think Mesa would have fvcked up to the way Robi has.

We all saw the cracks with that first Northern Ireland game in which we won out of some divine intervention only surpassed by the splitting of the red sea.

Our team just looks so low energy. I also think this 4-3-3 to 4-5-1 transition tactic does not even suit us. I would rather see us play 3-5-2 to be honest.

Use Kolasinac and Kvrzic as our two wing backs. Then have either Hajrovic or Visca play off behind Dzeko.

·
Csíkszentmihályi fan
6,006 Posts
Prosinecki needs to go

We are not beating anyone in the baraz if he stays.

No Marinovic. No Osim. We need someone with proven experience who can build a positive team environment and play to our strengths.

Here are 3 names NT should look at approaching:

1. Kek
2. Bjelica (assuming there is a way he can take NT coaching duties whilst still manager of Dinamo Zg - has been done before but not sure if contractually possible)
3. Dusan Bajevic
Bajevic has repeatedly ruled himself out of this position in the past, while Bjelica is almost certainly either not interested or not going to be contractually permitted to entertain the BiH top job.

From what I've seen of Kek's teams, I like them, but would he really be on the federation's radar? Possibly not.

In terms of other domestic contenders, Simo Krunic is currently out of contract, while Risto Vidakovic has done a great job at Ceres-Negros:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Simo_Krunić

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Risto_Vidaković

·
Csíkszentmihályi fan
6,006 Posts
Some more potential names:

Slavoljub Muslin
Gianni Di Biasi
Heimir Helgrimsonn
Di Biasi and Helgrimsonn are used to working with technically limited players by comparison. They could have a lot of fun with BiH.

·
Csíkszentmihályi fan
6,006 Posts
Interesting points but ultimately football is a game of 90 minutes. If Prosinecki cannot create a decent game plan for the WHOLE game and improvise when necessary then he is useless.

Honestly I don't even think Mesa would have fvcked up to the way Robi has.

We all saw the cracks with that first Northern Ireland game in which we won out of some divine intervention only surpassed by the splitting of the red sea.

Our team just looks so low energy. I also think this 4-3-3 to 4-5-1 transition tactic does not even suit us. I would rather see us play 3-5-2 to be honest.

Use Kolasinac and Kvrzic as our two wing backs. Then have either Hajrovic or Visca play off behind Dzeko.
Playing four at the back would make more sense if either (a) the centre-backs were better; or (b) the defensive cover in front of them was more disciplined. When Dilaver finally enters the frame and Begic of Rubin Kazan is fit again, Prosinecki's formation could actually work:

·
Registered
5,646 Posts
We can talk all we want about new coaches and repeated managerial overhauls that essentially is just brushing under the rug temporarily. It hasn't changed a damn thing for the positive since Susic was sacked and in fact results have gotten significantly worse since. When the same nonchalant display has been around since 2014 (under 3 different coaches, mind you) then it's time to finally start looking at the players and take drastic measures. That's something that should have been done right after the 3-0 Israel away loss in late 2014 and I guarantee we wouldn't be in the mess we are in today had that been done than. If that means some players retiring or quitting because their feelings were hurt then boo-hoo tough luck princess I could care less if it means bringing in new players that will give everything they've got ALWAYS and obviously ultimately also a manager that knows what he's doing. Furthermore, it's time for Pjanic to finally retire from the national team and focus on the things he actually performs well at on a consistent basis and that is club football. He honestly will turn out not to be a huge loss and his comments after the recent debacle were disgraceful and would warrant pretty much a lifetime ban from any national team related activities if I was in charge somehow.

·
Wikipedia Editor
2,400 Posts
During the 2014 qualifiers, we had no away losses for the entire qualifying campaign, now we have no away wins with 90% of the qualifiers completed. Let that sink in..

You're too nice BIHVolim, it's been a ****ing disaster since after the World Cup in Brazil starting with that shameful home loss against Cyprus when genius Pjanic failed to convert a penalty kick and we lost against a team outside the top 100 FIFA rankings. And of course, nothing has changed for the better since than, nothing has been done to ensure this team starts qualifying regularly and the same shitty players that were untouchable in 2014 are just as untouchable today.
Right about the time I came to this forum. I brought us bad luck.

So, I will not not post until end of the Euro 2020 League of Nations play-offs. Maybe our good luck will return.

Bye.

·
Registered
9,684 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,097
We can talk all we want about new coaches and repeated managerial overhauls that essentially is just brushing under the rug temporarily. It hasn't changed a damn thing for the positive since Susic was sacked and in fact results have gotten significantly worse since. When the same nonchalant display has been around since 2014 (under 3 different coaches, mind you) then it's time to finally start looking at the players and take drastic measures. That's something that should have been done right after the 3-0 Israel away loss in late 2014 and I guarantee we wouldn't be in the mess we are in today had that been done than. If that means some players retiring or quitting because their feelings were hurt then boo-hoo tough luck princess I could care less if it means bringing in new players that will give everything they've got ALWAYS and obviously ultimately also a manager that knows what he's doing. Furthermore, it's time for Pjanic to finally retire from the national team and focus on the things he actually performs well at on a consistent basis and that is club football. He honestly will turn out not to be a huge loss and his comments after the recent debacle were disgraceful and would warrant pretty much a lifetime ban from any national team related activities if I was in charge somehow.
Nah We definetley do need the positive shock of a new manager if our goal is to qualify for EURO 2020. Prosinecki has not got what it takes. It's one thing to lose to Greece away from home it's another for them to completely dominate the game and make Bosnia look like Gibraltar in comparison.

And this is not just one game. We have had many bad games since the Nations league started and when a repetitive pattern like this happens someone needs to go. You know shit is bad when Mesa Bazdarevic looks like he could run this team better.

btw calling for Pjanic to retire is one of the dumbest and no offence downright retarded things I have read on this forum from you. Up there with the either win,loss or draw comment.

·
Registered
9,684 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,098
No way we are beating likes of either Wales or Republic of Ireland in the playoffs with Prosinecki in charge.

Then again it's probably a good thing as our team would be decimated in front of an International audience 'Saudi Arabia' style if we somehow managed to make it to the EURO 2020 group stages.

·
Csíkszentmihályi fan
6,006 Posts
Bosnian coach names squad against Italy, Lichtenstein for UEFA Euro 2020

Source: Xinhua| 2019-10-31 21:42:35|Editor: Xiaoxia

SARAJEVO, Oct. 31 (Xinhua) -- Bosnia and Herzegovina's (BiH's) coach Robert Prosinecki on Thursday announced the list of 25 players for the matches against Italy and Lichtenstein in UEFA European Championship 2020 qualifiers.

During the press conference at BiH's Football Association headquarters in Sarajevo, Prosinecki emphasized the need to play well in the two last qualifying matches.

"The most important thing is that we play well in these two matches, so then we can just wait for the playoffs," Prosinecki said, adding that he is certain that they will play well against Italy.

"There is pressure, the match with Italy will be the test and we will give everything to play a good game," he added.

Prosinecki also mentioned that the team will maybe play with two forwards, but added that he will make the decision based on the team's preparations.

Commenting on the players, Prosinecki said that Edin Dzeko is certainly the most important player, but added that for him, personally, the most important is that players are healthy and fit.

Prosinecki concluded by saying that they are waiting for November 22 and the opponent in the semi-final of the UEFA Nations League and that the primary goal now is to go to UEFA European Championship 2020.

"In Zenica, we can certainly win every one," Prosinecki concluded, referring to matches that will be played in Zenica, a city located 75 kilometers northwest of BiH's capital Sarajevo.

The match with Italy will be played on Nov. 15 in Zenica, and three days later, BiH national football team will play in Vaduz in Liechtenstein.

Italy is at the top with 24 points, while BiH is in fourth place with 10 points and Lichtenstein in sixth place with 2 points.

Following is the BiH squad:

Goalkeepers: Ibrahim Sehic (BB Erzurumspor), Kenan Piric (NK Maribor), Jasmin Buric (Hapoel Haifa)

Defenders: Sead Kolasinac (Arsenal), Toni Sunjic (Dynamo Moscow), Ermin Bicakcic (TSG Hoffenheim), Eldar Civic (Ferencvaros), Marko Mihojevic (Erzgebirge Aue), Adnan Kovacevic (Korona Kielce), Zoran Kvrzic (HNK Rijeka)

Midfielders: Mato Jajalo (Udinese), Muhamed Besic (Sheffield United), Gojko Cimirot (Standard Liege), Miralem Pjanic (Juventus), Elvis Saric (Al Ahli Jeddah), Rade Krunic (AC Milan), Amer Gojak (GNK Dinamo Zagreb), Haris Duljevic (Nimes), Haris Hajradinovic (Kasimpasa)

Forwards: Edin Dzeko (AS Roma), Luka Menalo (Olimpija Ljubljana), Armin Hodzic (Fehevar), Edin Visca (Istanbul Basaksehir), Izet Hajrovic (GNK Dinamo Zagreb), Dino Hotic (NK Maribor)

Bosnian coach names squad against Italy, Lichtenstein for UEFA Euro 2020 - Xinhua | English.news.cn

1081 - 1100 of 1121 Posts