Xtratime Community banner

1061 - 1080 of 1121 Posts

·
Wikipedia Editor
2,400 Posts
If we play like this we shouldn't worry too much about play off's.

Armenia without Mkhitaryan is a totally different team. Could only manage 1 all with Liechtenstein.

·
Registered
5,646 Posts
The thing is, it no longer depends solely on our results. This qualifying campaign was lost in Armenia and in Finland to a lesser extent.

·
Wikipedia Editor
2,400 Posts
Finland will beat Armenia and if we draw vs Greece it will be all over, and Finland can even lose the final match vs Greece.

I think we can beat both Greece and Italy. If we do show good football we will ease through the play offs. It is important to keep winning regardless to keep our ranking up.

·
Registered
5,646 Posts
We won't ease through the play-offs, have you forgotten what happened against Ireland in 2015? The same thing will happen if we reach the play-offs, that I am sure of.

·
Wikipedia Editor
2,400 Posts
We won't ease through the play-offs, have you forgotten what happened against Ireland in 2015? The same thing will happen if we reach the play-offs, that I am sure of.
Sweden, Ukraine and Denmark will already be qualified. I think we would want to avoid Serbia. Everyone else we can deal with.

·
Registered
4,728 Posts
Really good performance after such a long time. Even after the recent debacle against Armenia and Finland, the dropped pts against Greece are turning out to be the costliest imo.

·
Registered
5,646 Posts
Sweden, Ukraine and Denmark will already be qualified. I think we would want to avoid Serbia. Everyone else we can deal with.
Even against a much weaker team on paper we have the potential to choke, Ireland weren't exactly superpowers in 2015 and we still looked terrible in both games against them.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Well, that was brutal! Fair play to BIH, this was the first match where Finland was actually made look weak. Even against Italy we were in the game, but Italy is Italy.

Sure you have superior talent and you played at home, but I think this time your coach also scouted our weaknesses really well. I didn't expect that after seeing your previous match!

Bosnia's first goal was also the first goal that Finland conceded with the centre back pairing Arajuuri-Toivio in this Euro. (Against Italy we played with 3 CB's both times.) Of course, after that goal Arajuuri was subbed off because of injury. This actually worries me more than conceding 4 goals. Everyone in the Europe only knows Pukki and Hradecky from our team, but Arajuuri is also one of our most crucial players. He is also the cult hero.

In these matches I also miss Roman Eremenko.

---

Your team has been very unpredictable. I would not be surprised if you beat Italy at home but I also wouldn't be surprised if you lose to Greece on Tuesday. Who knows in this group, huh?

Whereas Finland has actually been predictable: Every one of our matches have ended "as it should have" looking at the betting odds...

·
Registered
9,684 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,069
Good result but too little too late

How Hajrovic did not get called up before is mind boggling. He clearly is our best winger with pure offensive abiltiies.

Prosinecki back tracked massively during these qualifications and it cost us.

·
Wikipedia Editor
2,400 Posts
Nothing has cost us yet. We still have play off's guaranteed.

I think what was unfortunate for Bosnia was that red card Pjanic received. He never went on to inure the Greek player. If Pjanic played in Finland we would have 2 wins out of 2 vs them by now.

As for the next games, chances are minimal they will go BiH way. Finalnd will beat Armenia who are without Mkhitaryan. Bosnia has NEVER won away to Greece, with Italy to come who have won every match up to this point and will look to continue the streak.

There is some news for the play offs. I think Bosnia will most likely get one of these, Wales or Northern Ireland or Bulgaria/Romania/Israel/Hungary. As it stands now. We have the quality to beat all these teams.

·
Registered
5,646 Posts
Nothing has cost us yet. We still have play off's guaranteed.

I think what was unfortunate for Bosnia was that red card Pjanic received. He never went on to inure the Greek player. If Pjanic played in Finland we would have 2 wins out of 2 vs them by now.

As for the next games, chances are minimal they will go BiH way. Finalnd will beat Armenia who are without Mkhitaryan. Bosnia has NEVER won away to Greece, with Italy to come who have won every match up to this point and will look to continue the streak.

There is some news for the play offs. I think Bosnia will most likely get one of these, Wales or Northern Ireland or Bulgaria/Romania/Israel/Hungary. As it stands now. We have the quality to beat all these teams.
The home draw against Greece combined with the away losses to Finland and Armenia will more than likely prove costly when it comes to qualifying directly which was always the initial objective.

·
Registered
9 Posts
i am so pissed off we lost to armenia. it ruined our chances of securing top two places. armenia is crap and useless national side. they are absolutely spineless idiots. looking ahead to greece match i think we will score but concede too. it's going to be about who scores the most and i am calling it 3-2 to us. fingers crossed we can still salvage these qualifications

·
Wikipedia Editor
2,400 Posts
HT 1-1

Point is obviously not enough as Finland won comfortably against Armenia.

However Greece are playing very well. They always find an extra motivation vs Bosnia it would seem.

·
Wikipedia Editor
2,400 Posts
The home draw against Greece combined with the away losses to Finland and Armenia will more than likely prove costly when it comes to qualifying directly which was always the initial objective.
Of course that would be the initial objective. We are not Andorra or Malta to aim lower.

·
Registered
5,646 Posts
This result is not surprising at all, we can't play for shit under intense pressure and never will be able too which is why we will fail in the play-offs once again. Pjanic for the 1000th time showed us all that he is NOT and will never be a player that you can rely on to have a positive impact in crucial games, why is almost everyone in BIH and abroad afraid to finally come out and say this publicly!??

·
Registered
5,646 Posts
We are the best team for off-form or weak teams to play against, get back to form and look like Spain from 2008 out there. That's been the history of the national team for as long as I can remember and one of the reasons we won't qualify for a tournament again anytime soon.

·
Csíkszentmihályi fan
6,006 Posts
FT: Greece 2-1 BiH.

To be honest, 2-1 flatters Bosnia: Greece hit the post twice, so the 88th minute own-goal by Kovacevic wasn't the stroke of bad luck that it may seem.

The first half was fine: Bosnia were the superior team – going behind against the run of play and then deservedly equalising – but the second half was diabolically bad. Prosinecki made an awful error, subbing off the yellow-carded Cimirot at half-time and introducing the defensively-minded Jajalo – so what we got in the second half was one-way traffic, with both teams effectively attacking the same goal.

Incredibly, the BiH coach didn't learn the one take-home lesson from the previous qualifiers: Bosnia are no good at playing defensive football. The second you tilt the balance of midfield towards defence, the team plays too far towards its own goal and keeps giving the ball back to the opponent. They are nullified as an attacking force, and eventually they will concede. Conversely, set up the team to attack, and they can beat most sides convincingly.

Admittedly, a basically new Greece team were ultra-motivated. They played very well, for what they are. But there were far too many shades of Yerevan here: making a desperately average side look like Brazil.

For the future, Prosinecki has to rethink both his tactics and his squad selection – yet again. Leaving Krunic, Hotic, Besic and Loncar on the bench – and Prevljak, Kozulj, Menalo, Budimir and Turkes at home – is simply indefensible. Saric struggles to cut it against the technically better sides, while Jajalo cannot be deployed in a defensive midfield role. Meanwhile, that four-man defence looks like an accident waiting to happen.

·
Csíkszentmihályi fan
6,006 Posts
Well, it was always going to be tough playing Brazil
Admittedly, a basically new Greece team were ultra-motivated. They played very well, for what they are. But there were far too many shades of Yerevan here: making a desperately average side look like Brazil.
:rimshot:

·
Csíkszentmihályi fan
6,006 Posts
Your team has been very unpredictable. I would not be surprised if you beat Italy at home but I also wouldn't be surprised if you lose to Greece on Tuesday. Who knows in this group, huh?
You must be some kind of clairvoyant...

1061 - 1080 of 1121 Posts