Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 98 Posts

·
Registered
47,554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The starting lineup of the game vs the Czechs has been confirmed by Roberto Mancini.

Donnarumma - Florenzi, Bonucci, Chiellini, Spinazzola - Barella, Jorginho, Locatelli - Berardi, Immobile, Insigne

·
Administrator
53,373 Posts
Why is he benching Chiesa?

·
Registered
18,009 Posts
Why is he benching Chiesa?
Chiesa was quite poor in the NT games I watched this Spring. The NT plays a less vertical game than Juve and I think the skilled forwards help with possession. However, I wonder if Chiesa could play as a central forward...

·
Registered
Valencia CF
36 Posts
Is Verratti injured? When he's back?

If we don't win it, I wouldn't mind Italy winning it actually. Seem to be doing things right with the structure of the team etc.

·
Registered
46,918 Posts
Mancio! Now I have to edit my Fantasy Squad.

Reactions: ToniSamp

·
Registered
47,554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Is Verratti injured? When he's back?
He might be ready for the next game.

In the meanwhile unfortunately we lose another player at midfield, Lorenzo Pellegrini. He has already returned home (well, it is not far...). Castrovilli is the replacement.

·
Registered
63 Posts
He might be ready for the next game.

In the meanwhile unfortunately we lose another player at midfield, Lorenzo Pellegrini. He has already returned home (well, it is not far...). Castrovilli is the replacement.
I do not mind this at all.

·
Registered
5,351 Posts
for me the starting lineup above is the best one but for one thing, i'd play bastoni over bonucci.
Berardi is more of a goal threat than chiesa. Chiesa is useful vs tired teams
pellegrini is a loss but sometimes he's a bit of a disappearing act and im not a fan of castrovilli.

spinazzola is our X factor. Faster than zambrotta was.

·
Administrator
53,373 Posts
I do not mind this at all.

Why? Lorenzo is almost twice the player Castrovilli is (very inconsistent guy, in Viola one game looks as good as Ribery, another game as useless as Caceres).

Losing Sensi? I couldnt care less, but Pellegrini is very versatile and excellent all around midfielder to have in your team.

Reactions: camelface

·
Registered
46,918 Posts
Yeah, Castro is really patchy like that...you never know which version will turn up. Over the last season, more often than not, we didn't see enough of the good one.

Sensi would be great...but he's always getting injured and hasn't caught form since he first got sidelined 2 seasons ago. If you have Sensi playing like he did then though, your chances just got a lot better.

As for Pellegrini, agree with you and Toni. I was looking forward to watching him play too.

·
Registered
17,776 Posts
The starting lineup of the game vs the Czechs has been confirmed by Roberto Mancini.

Donnarumma - Florenzi, Bonucci, Chiellini, Spinazzola - Barella, Jorginho, Locatelli - Berardi, Immobile, Insigne

Is this the least talented Italian NT to be in a major tournament?

Seems up there.

·
Registered
18,009 Posts
for me the starting lineup above is the best one but for one thing, i'd play bastoni over bonucci.
Berardi is more of a goal threat than chiesa. Chiesa is useful vs tired teams
pellegrini is a loss but sometimes he's a bit of a disappearing act and im not a fan of castrovilli.

spinazzola is our X factor. Faster than zambrotta was.
spinazzola comparison with zambrotta is a bit insane. he has good attributes but above all his incisiveness at this level is left to prove.

pellegrini loss sucks, but fortunately we have pessina who can play a bit higher up and I am happy that castrovili gets his chance. Does he have Georgian heritage btw?

·
Registered
18,009 Posts
Is this the least talented Italian NT to be in a major tournament?

Seems up there.
The post 2006 years were very bad. I think this team is the first to be hopeful about, because many of the players are up and coming at the same time (the defense is old but like others have alluded to, there are potentially better young players for Bonucci and Florenzi).

·
Registered
47,554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
spinazzola comparison with zambrotta is a bit insane. he has good attributes but above all his incisiveness at this level is left to prove.

pellegrini loss sucks, but fortunately we have pessina who can play a bit higher up and I am happy that castrovili gets his chance. Does he have Georgian heritage btw?
No, it's 100% Pugliese surname Castrovilli

·
Registered
17,776 Posts
The post 2006 years were very bad. I think this team is the first to be hopeful about, because many of the players are up and coming at the same time (the defense is old but like others have alluded to, there are potentially better young players for Bonucci and Florenzi).
Yeah but no one world class in any position.

I mean you go to war with what you have, so it is what it is.

It seems pretty pedestrian.

1 - 20 of 98 Posts