Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Administrator
11,960 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Poland vs Slovakia, June 14 (17:00, St Petersburg)
Spain vs Sweden, June 14 (20:00, Seville)
Sweden vs Slovakia, June 18 (14:00, St Petersburg)
Spain vs Poland, June 19 (20:00, Seville)
Slovakia vs Spain, June 23 (17:00, Seville)
Sweden vs Poland, June 23 (17:00, St Petersburg)

Times are UK time (CET-1)

·
Registered
3,338 Posts
Can someone please explain to me why millionaire footballers headed to the tournament of their lives would not get the COVID 19 vaccine well in advance of the tournament? I can't believe that two of Spain's better players have just tested positive. What was the Spanish FA thinking? I'm not happy about this.

·
Registered
I M Inter Milan I M
24,689 Posts
Pathetic first half by the Sweedos. I don't think I've seen a Swedish team shitting their britches this hard before. Luckily Spain has been a bit garbage and failed to take advantage of Sweden trying to hand them the win.

Borrow some sisu from the Finns for the second half please.

Reactions: Firdaus

·
Registered
I M Inter Milan I M
24,689 Posts
It's almost insane that Spain failed to take the lead with Sweden making this many pub league mistakes in the first half.

·
Administrator
53,373 Posts
FFS why do you take out Isak. Only player who wants go attack and challenge the Spanish.

·
Registered
I M Inter Milan I M
24,689 Posts
Both Larsson and Ekdal playing the full 90 minutes was quite odd. Neither of them could run for the last 10-15 minutes.

Thanks to the brilliance of taking Isak off early they couldn't be subbed off.

·
Registered
68,887 Posts
If Spain has any honor they'd at the very least repalce all of their midfielders and attackers for the next match after this disgrace of a performance. Really they should exit the tournament for setting football back like they did today. Jesus H. I hope no American kids were watching this because this would turn them off from the game forever.

·
Registered
24,218 Posts
Not all. Pedri was the best player on the pitch IMO. Morata shameful, Dani Olmo a bit unlucky. did Torres ever touch the ball?

The first 20 and last 20 from Sweden was painful to watch. when Forsberg get the ball and unpressed just bang it up the field... Luckily we got Marcus Berg with another classic miss of open goal.

·
Administrator
53,373 Posts
Usually I defend or have sympathy for players who get alot of hate in social media after their performances.

But fvck me does Berg deserve it. A decade of missing open goals. Friggin retire already.

·
Registered
24,218 Posts
Usually I defend or have sympathy for players who get a lot of hate in social media after their performances.
Hate is always bad. Criticism is valid and should be delivered. I for sure would not sleep if I missed that. Fortunately the last time I missed an open goal my team won 8-1.

anyway, what I mean is that there are way to many morons without selfcontrol that write stuff like "he should die" and so on. With that said, if I was president I would block twatter directly.

·
Registered
34,220 Posts
Like everyone else in Denmark, I was very angry with Nicolaj Jørgensen when he crowned a predictably poor tournament with missing his pk against Croatia in 2018, but yeah, the hate he got was horrible, glad I resisted the temptation to join in the pile-on (hmm I may have done so on XT? But we're secret anyway).

Regarding Isak, if he was tired it would make sense to save him some for the other games, which are more important.

·
Administrator
53,373 Posts
Hate is always bad. Criticism is valid and should be delivered. I for sure would not sleep if I missed that. Fortunately the last time I missed an open goal my team won 8-1.

anyway, what I mean is that there are way to many morons without selfcontrol that write stuff like "he should die" and so on. With that said, if I was president I would block twatter directly.

Yeah hate is too much. I don't hate him, nor even dislike him. I just think he is a useless footballer and one that I have grown immensely tired to see starting for a decade straight.

Just let him retire in Qatar and use litterally anyone else at this point. He is getting the Allbäck final years royal treatment, a declined older CF well well past his useful date, but who keeps getting used because he is a veteran, hard worker, leader, anything to justify how little use he is inside the box anymore.

·
Registered
34,220 Posts
Jon Dahl Tomasson scored 1 goal in his last 3 years, but stayed on in order to equal Poul Tist Nielsen's record 52 NT goals. Very hard to get rid of. He finally got it with a PK v Japan, managed to pick up an injury while converting...

Then got into arguments with the press

·
Registered
I M Inter Milan I M
24,689 Posts
Yeah hate is too much. I don't hate him, nor even dislike him. I just think he is a useless footballer and one that I have grown immensely tired to see starting for a decade straight.

Just let him retire in Qatar and use litterally anyone else at this point. He is getting the Allbäck final years royal treatment, a declined older CF well well past his useful date, but who keeps getting used because he is a veteran, hard worker, leader, anything to justify how little use he is inside the box anymore.
Shitting on him on Instagram will probably just have the opposite effect of what the retards are hoping for. His place in the starting 11 will just be cemented by the fact that the NT management doesn't want to cave to the mob of online miscreants.

·
Registered
68,887 Posts
Not all. Pedri was the best player on the pitch IMO. Morata shameful, Dani Olmo a bit unlucky. did Torres ever touch the ball?

The first 20 and last 20 from Sweden was painful to watch. when Forsberg get the ball and unpressed just bang it up the field... Luckily we got Marcus Berg with another classic miss of open goal.
What Spain play is anti-football trash imo, it's a scourge on football imo and a Spain match being boring is almsot as much a sure thing as a cow having milk. I can at least appreciate France for their shape and tactical prowess even if they do sit back, what Spain does however is pure unwatchable anti-football no different from bunkering down.

·
Registered
I M Inter Milan I M
24,689 Posts
God damn, Spain play some boring football.

Should probably support Poland in the second half even if a win for Spain is better for Sweden.

·
Registered
I M Inter Milan I M
24,689 Posts
God damn, Spain play some boring football.

Should probably support Poland in the second half even if a win for Spain is better for Sweden.
I'm taking full credit for the equalizer.

Edit: I take no credit for VAR.

Edit 2: I take full credit for the penalty miss.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts