Xtratime Community banner

Which teams would you like for HRVATSKA to draw? (pick 1 team from Pot 1, 3, 4)

• Pot 1 - Belgium

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Pot 1 - England

• Pot 1 - Spain

• Pot 3 - Portugal

• Pot 3 - Denmark

• Pot 4 - Wales

• Pot 4 - Finland

• Pot 4 - Nations League Playoff A (Iceland + 3 of Bulgaria, Hungary, Israel, Romania)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
21 - 40 of 42 Posts

·
dinamo67
9,120 Posts
Even though it would be better for us to come second, I would rather play the calculation game when we've already secured a spot. Playing that in the beginning can be dangerous.

Would love to beat England in their own backyard. The possibility of playing Serbia is fun. Them not making it would also be funny. They're going to struggle hard with Norway.

·
Registered
387 Posts
Yea no easy game, England is one of the best squads at the moment especially at their home, czech is always complicated to deal with and we will probably face the best of play-off teams, tough round 16 upcoming if we get there as well.

I got the confidence we can beat anyone on a good day, but this draw isn't a gift.

·
Registered
4,600 Posts
As usual we'll lift our game up at the Euros. Just can't wait to play France in the next round and get fuked over.
We'll get fuked over in the very first game, it will be very reminiscent of our Brazil game in WC 2014 as England is 'technically" the host team of this tournament as the semi-finals and finals will be played there.

·
Registered
1,833 Posts
As much as I hated the draw and am wary of possible shennanigans against England, that opener is going to be huge. Nothing sweeter than beating the English at Wembley, even getting a draw would be great.

Sent from my SM-A205YN using Tapatalk

·
Registered
20,767 Posts
We'll get fuked over in the very first game, it will be very reminiscent of our Brazil game in WC 2014 as England is 'technically" the host team of this tournament as the semi-finals and finals will be played there.
yes, there will be some garbage calls no doubt...but we will win the next two games comfortably....

Cant wait for the tourney

·
dinamo67
9,120 Posts
As much as I hated the draw and am wary of possible shennanigans against England, that opener is going to be huge. Nothing sweeter than beating the English at Wembley, even getting a draw would be great.

I'm constantly juggling over the idea of beating England and coming first in the group, leading us to a hard KO path, or losing and coming 2nd and having it easier in the KO rounds. Beating England at Wembley in a tourney would be fookin sweet. We can deal with what comes next. 😀

·
Registered
387 Posts
There are no easy knockout rounds anyway.
In 2008 when we had the team to win euro and the best path to final we fucked it against Turkey...

We can beat anyone, just got to be in top shape at the right time.

·
Registered
1,833 Posts
Agree you have to be in top shape regardless of who you play, but an easier draw is an easier draw...facing a Poland in the second round is a helluva lot more attractive than France. :)

·
dinamo67
9,120 Posts
2020 can suck a big dick. Australia has been in constant crazy mode. Since the end of last year with the fires, then the floods that followed and now this fukn virus shutting everything down. I cant even watch my beloved Sydney United play on the weekends. I've been waiting all offseason for it to start damn it.

·
Registered
1,569 Posts
I think if we play a midfield of Modric, Rakitic and Brozovic in Euro's next summer it will be a struggle for this team. Add to that Perisic has lost some of his speed and I see a rough go around in that tournament for this team as it is currently set. Modric and Rakitic forms have both dropped this season and I expect both of them to make transfer moves this coming summer. Just not on the same level as 2 years ago, add another year till Euro's and I certainly think that it could be another early exit for the Vatreni. Not sure what the starting lineup will be but if we start the Euro's next year with this set of outfielders: Vrsaljko-Lovren-Vida-Barisic,Brozovic-Modric-Rakitic,Perisic-Kramaric-Rebic; and you start to worry about how much legs that team will have in the tournament, as Rebic would be the youngest starter and he will turn 28 in August 2021. Not sure that Dalic will start Vlasic, Kovacic, Brekalo and Caleta-Car in any of the Euro game next summer, but I believe he should. Even if some veterans need to come off the bench.

21 - 40 of 42 Posts