Xtratime Community banner

Which teams would you like for HRVATSKA to draw? (pick 1 team from Pot 1, 3, 4)

• Pot 1 - Belgium

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Pot 1 - England

• Pot 1 - Spain

• Pot 3 - Portugal

• Pot 3 - Denmark

• Pot 4 - Wales

• Pot 4 - Finland

• Pot 4 - Nations League Playoff A (Iceland + 3 of Bulgaria, Hungary, Israel, Romania)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
3,905 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

When: November 30 2019, 18:00 CET (12:00 EST)
Where: Bucharest, Romania

HRVATSKA is in Pot 2, here are the details for the draw according to Wikipedia:

The draw for the final tournament will be held on 30 November 2019, 18:00 CET (19:00 local time) at Romexpo in Bucharest, Romania. The 24 teams are drawn into six groups of four. The identity of the four play-off teams are not known at the time of the draw, and will be identified as play-off winners A to D. If there were groups which could not be finalised at the time of the final tournament draw, another draw would have been held after the play-offs on 1 April 2020.
The teams are seeded in accordance with the European Qualifiers overall ranking based on their results in UEFA Euro 2020 qualifying. The following is the standard composition of the draw pots:
  • Pot 1: Group winners ranked 1–6
  • Pot 2: Group winners ranked 7–10, group runners-up ranked 1–2
  • Pot 3: Group runners-up ranked 3–8
  • Pot 4: Group runners-up ranked 9–10, play-off winners A–D (identity unknown at the time of the draw)
As two host teams from the same group could not be in the same seeding pot, the UEFA Emergency Panel would have either switched one host team with the lowest-ranked team of the higher pot, or switched one host team with the highest-ranked team of the lower pot (based on the principle that the move would have minimal impact on the original seeding). However, no seeding adjustments were necessary.
The draw will start with Pot 1 and will complete with Pot 4, from where a team is drawn and assigned to the first available group. The position in the group (for the determination of the match schedule) will then be drawn. In the draw, the following conditions apply (including for teams which can still qualify via the play-offs):
  • Automatic group assignments: Host teams will be automatically assigned to their group based on the host city pairings.
  • Prohibited clashes: For political reasons, UEFA have set pairs of teams which are considered prohibited clashes. In addition to being unable to be drawn into the same group, non-host teams are prevented from being drawn into a group hosted by a country they clash with, even should the host not qualify. These prohibited clashes apply to the following pairings: Kosovo / Russia, Russia / Ukraine. (Kosovo / Bosnia and Herzegovina and Kosovo / Serbia were also identified as prohibited clashes, but the teams in these pairs are all in the play-offs and are all in Pot 4 for the draw.)
A possible culmination of circumstances surrounding the play-offs makes anticipating all possible scenarios impossible. As such, potential issues and their solutions will be dealt with on a case-by-case basis by the UEFA administration. For example, the following conditions could apply based on which teams qualify via the play-offs:
  • If two host teams are competing in the same play-off path, the winner of this play-off path would therefore need to be assigned two groups in the final tournament draw. In such a case, a second play-off path would be paired with the path involving two hosts, providing a clear scenario for each possible qualified team. (For example, if the hosts of Groups A and D were competing in play-off Path 1, their path could then be paired with Path 2. Should the Group A host win Path 1, they will enter Group A in the final tournament, and the winner of Path 2 will enter Group D. Otherwise, all other scenarios will result in the Path 1 winner entering Group D, and the Path 2 winner entering Group A.)
  • If a host team is competing in the a play-off path with a team which has a prohibited clash with one of the two host cities of the aforementioned host team's group, the path would be paired with a second play-off path to provide a clear scenario for each possible qualified team.
The fixtures for the group stage will be decided based on the draw, as follows:
Note: Positions for scheduling do not use the seeding pots, and instead use the draw positions, e.g. Team 1 is not necessarily the team from Pot 1 in the draw.

Pots:

·
Registered
69,081 Posts
Croatia can be drawn in Groups A, D, E, F only; Group B is pretty much already known while Group C already has Ukraine/Netherlands, so some of the poll options aren't possible, sorry to the people who voted Ukraine already ;)

The best in terms of travel for the fans would be Group F, you would play in Munich/Budapest and be guaranteed a playoff team from Pot 4. As long as you avoid Portugal from Pot 3 that's probably the best group to land in. In terms of a potential 'weak' draw (barring drawing Portugal from Pot 3) the ideal group is D with England and a playoff winner from League C/D. Group A will involve two trips to Baku which isn't ideal

·
Registered
714 Posts
This is all becoming just so complicated. Wtf UEFA. Anyway, I just hope we avoid that Italy group. I tried to explain everything to my dad and he was like a deer in headlights lol. From qualifying, playoffs, hosts,cities ,etc

·
Registered
714 Posts
Winning the group with Germany would have Croatia play a 3rd place team in Bucharest and a quarter final in Saint Petersburg against the winner of 2 runner ups. If we get Germany's group and win it, that'll be our best chance at making a run IMO. If we get runners up in Germany's group we would most likely play England and that round of 16 game would be in Dublin, so that crowd would be heavily in our favor hah.

·
Registered
5,101 Posts
I really hate this whole new Euro format. Everyone is still alive and able to qualify for this thing. The whole host venues get home country. 24 teams

Outside of the fact that it’s all over Europe I dislike bear everything about this.

·
Registered
20,794 Posts
I really hate this whole new Euro format. Everyone is still alive and able to qualify for this thing. The whole host venues get home country. 24 teams

Outside of the fact that it’s all over Europe I dislike bear everything about this.
If Iceland gets in via playoff, then from our WC qualifying group, that will be 5 teams that are in this Euro.

·
Registered
387 Posts

I would hate it if i was a german spanish french supporter...

But this new format directly plays in our favor.
As a Croatian, you probably know that we have been destroyed by referees in euro 04 (against francel in euro 12 (against spain) in tight groups where every actions becomes crucial.

In this new format referees have less power against us in the first round and we are way more dangerous for the powerhouses when it comes to knockout stages.

·
Registered
3,905 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I would hate it if i was a german spanish french supporter...

But this new format directly plays in our favor.
As a Croatian, you probably know that we have been destroyed by referees in euro 04 (against francel in euro 12 (against spain) in tight groups where every actions becomes crucial.

In this new format referees have less power against us in the first round and we are way more dangerous for the powerhouses when it comes to knockout stages.
Unfortunately they will screw us in knock out rounds ala Euro 2016 with the stamps on Modrić and Rakitić not being called and WC 2018 Final with the Griezmann dive and offside Pogba fouling Mandžukić on the own goal

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
69,081 Posts
The chances of drawing the League D playoff winner also drastically went down today, they can only be placed in Groups C or F in the Euros and Croatia cannot be drawn in Group C. The League C playoff winner will go with England while League B winner goes with Spain

·
Registered
69,081 Posts
Not a terrible group but could have been better. Though there could be a match with Serbia which will be anything but a game and that would be the final group game

·
Registered
3,905 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
June 14th vs England in Wembley
June 19th vs Czech Republic in Glasgow
June 23rd vs Play-off C winner (Srbija, Scotland, Israel, Norway) in Glasgow

Round of 16 & QF
if we win Group D then we play on June 30th in Dublin vs the runner-up of Group F (Germany, France, Portugal), and then the winner of Group E (Spain?) in QF
if we are 2nd in Group D then we play on June 29th in Copenhagen vs runner-up of Group E (Sweden, Poland or Play-off B team), and then the winner of Group F (Germany, France, Portugal) in QF
if we are 3rd in Group D then it's either:
June 28th in Bilbao vs winner of Group B (Belgium), and then winner of Group A (Italy) or runner-up of Group C (Netherlands, Ukraine) in QF
June 30th in Glasgow vs winner of Group E (Spain), and then winner of group D (England) or runner-up of Group F (Germany, France, Portugal) in QF
June 28th in Budapest vs winner of Group C (Netherlands, Ukraine), and then runner-up of Group A (Swiss, Turkey, Wales) or runner-up of Group B (Denmark, Russia)

last time we played England in Wembley in Euro-related match:

·
Registered
501 Posts
Not an easy group but a group they should get through. I don't think the Serbs will beat Norway although if they did qualify it would make things alot more interesting. Need to be healthy if they want a deep run especially need to get Vrsaljko fit and ready as nobody is close to his quality at right back.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts