Xtratime Community banner
201 - 220 of 259 Posts

·
Registered
40,957 Posts
LOL, the amount of copium is through the roof.

Yeah, England are the moral winners because they had black players unlike Italy who handed the Italian right a victory. How far up your own ass do you have to be to end up like this?

My God, how pathetic can it get?! :sick:

This btw, is clearly someone who's never heard of Balotelli, Kean or Ogbonna.

·
Registered
47,856 Posts
Discussion Starter · #204 ·
Right after the game I was quite sorry for them but I have realized that being sorry for them is wrong. They have to be the sorest losers on the planet, maybe because they have been losing for too much time. I bet they would also be sore winners... if they could actually win!

·
First Place winner, June 2010 Photo Contest
38,600 Posts
Judging people by the color of their skin, there used to be a word for that. Rayism, Railism, Rakeism, ... hmmm I can't quite remember.

·
Registered
3,045 Posts
Actually I had noticed Itay's squad not containing any people of colour when it was announced.

I remember Toni once saying that Italy is missing out on a potentially rich source of talent by its failure to successfully integrate people of colour into calcio. Let's hope that situation is resolving itself.

·
Registered
18,164 Posts
Right after the game I was quite sorry for them but I have realized that being sorry for them is wrong. They have to be the sorest losers on the planet, maybe because they have been losing for too much time. I bet they would also be sore winners... if they could actually win!
Aren't English fans also the ones that were booing the anthems of Denmark and Italy at Wembley?

Then the beat-ups coming out of the stadium. Oh please...

·
Registered
47,856 Posts
Discussion Starter · #213 ·
I remember Toni once saying that Italy is missing out on a potentially rich source of talent by its failure to successfully integrate people of colour into calcio. Let's hope that situation is resolving itself.
I know, but it was a problem in 2010, 2014 and in 2018.
We have won a trophy now so who cares? Besides, we have just 1 million people coming from Africa in Italy. 1 on 60 million people means less than 1 on 26. It makes for Kean who was close to be that 1 on 26 and probably will be in the Italian NT in the future... unless he signs for Adana Demirspor at some point.

·
Registered
47,179 Posts
Actually I had noticed Itay's squad not containing any people of colour when it was announced.

As long as they would let players of colour play if they deserve to, that's all that matters. What seems to be suggested is that there's some kind of bar. If Lukaku happened to be Italian, do you really think he wouldn't be an undisputed starter?

The argument that's being made is complete trash, especially since - as others have pointed out already - they already have Emerson in the squad, who isn't even a world beater in the first place.

You can ask Lukaku himself why he prefers to stay and play his football in Italy. Yes, he's faced racism. But the love he gets from the fans and Milano is something he's never had and something that drives him. Mourinho pointed this out in an interview before the tournament.

As for quality and talent, the beauty of it is that it didn't have to come from anywhere. Italy didn't need Barella - the expected star of the side - to have an out-of-this-world tournament. It didn't even need its STRIKERS to bang in goals. Insigne, a flair player, knuckled down and defended like he thought he was Gattuso. So did Chiesa. IMO, this is a rare side, not only in terms of quality in this generation, but the fact that it does not care so much about the individual. In fact, the individual is largely rejected. What matters is that the individual gives all for the team.

When is the last time we really saw this? Perhaps France during its rebuild in 1994. No Ginola, no Cantona. No real individuals separate from the team for years. And similar to this Italian side, the main strikers, Guivarc'h and Dugarry, contributed little. Zidane didn't play for stats or goals but for the side. You could say the team started to go downhill when the philosophy began to get lost and as the side became more known for individuals.

·
Registered
9,860 Posts
LOL, the amount of copium is through the roof.

Yeah, England are the moral winners because they had black players unlike Italy who handed the Italian right a victory. How far up your own ass do you have to be to end up like this?

If there is anything the English are goid at then it is being butthurt in the most retarded way one has to question how much Alcohol has dsmaged their brains.

Reactions: The Noun

·
Registered
34,534 Posts
Italians aren't really the target of that Tifo football video, the Brexit-people in the UK are. So it isn't really an expression of but-hurt, it's part of the usual Remain/woke-trip.

They also made a gushing video about Gary Lineker as a "public intectual," when he had started talking about Brexit and such, ESPN-style.

·
Registered
121 Posts

If merited they'll be there, I'm sure. Balotelli would have had more opportunities if he weren't crazy.

By rectify I hope you aren't suggesting meeting some sort of quota.

What are your thoughts on Southgate denying Grealish who wanted to take one of the last two kicks for what it seemed a promo of equality instead. That wasn't the right time to virtue signal.

·
Registered
47,179 Posts
What are your thoughts on Southgate denying Grealish who wanted to take one of the last two kicks for what it seemed a promo of equality instead. That wasn't the right time to virtue signal.
First impression: that sounds like a stretch. But the decision to go by "training form" only - non-negotiable - is so batshit insane that it could well be the actual reason.

Whatever it is, Grealish's statement along with Southgate's own admission that training form was the one and only factor makes me reverse my earlier sympathy for Southgate here. This was nuts. Absolutely NUTS. But he'd still have nothing on that Economist article. I still can't process how infinitely moronic that is, lol.

·
Registered
13,283 Posts
Mancini proved, once again, that it's the group mentality that matters. Color should be meaningless if players merit a call up and show team spirit.

201 - 220 of 259 Posts