Xtratime Community banner
1 - 20 of 259 Posts

·
Registered
47,873 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Lame, very lame... when even referees are with them and the VAR pretends that a dive is a foul which can be rewarded with a penalty. :(
We have to fight not just a team, not just their stadium filled with fat unmasked supporters in spite of the increasing threat of COVID delta variant, but opposing forces which are dark and mysterious.
It has been great until it lasted. Thank you guys anyway!

·
Administrator
53,451 Posts
Haha I see what you doing.

·
Registered
47,873 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yesterday night I have watched the first game of England in the competition. I had watched minutes here and there before (maybe half a hour of England vs Germany), but not a full game. I will try a comparison of Italy and England forces anyway (the ones which are not dark and mysterious...)

Donnarumma > Pickford: not that Donnarumma gives me full confidence, not at all (and I think @Andrey agrees according to what I read) but Pickford looks like a true liability

Di Lorenzo = Walker: perhaps Walker has the edge but we are talking about two autentique athletes with little technical skills

Bonucci/Chiellini > Stones/Maguire: the Slabhead is a huge aerial threat but I think overall our pair has the edge. The problem is that their pair's opponent is very likely going to be Immobile while our pair's opponent is Kane

Emerson (?) <<< Shaw: this is going to be one of our weak links. The alternative could be Di Lorenzo on the left flank and Toloi on the right flank... which could be even worse because Toloi is damn slow

Our center midfield >>> their center midfield: Rice+the Yorkshire Pirlo? Seriously? lol but Barella needs to wake up because losing 10-20 balls the way he did in the semifinal is unacceptable. Luckily the midfield of England is not nearly comparable to the one of Spain and English players do not really press opponents all over the pitch the way the Spanish players did

Chiesa and Insigne > whatever they offer as a support to Kane. Sterling can be unstoppable but luckily his shooting skills are not comparable to the dribbling skills

And finally

Immobile <<<<< Kane
Kane has the brain and the skills, moves out of the PK area and often makes dangerous passes to Sterling, Saka, Mount, Grealish etc. A thing I wish Immobile could do, but unfortunately he can't even keep the ball between the legs first of all

·
Registered
Valencia CF
120 Posts
Think you guys will be too strong.

Chiesa looks like he's got the killer touch, like his Dad.

·
First Place winner, June 2010 Photo Contest
38,609 Posts
Lame, very lame... when even referees are with them and the VAR pretends that a dive is a foul which can be rewarded with a penalty. :(
We have to fight not just a team, not just their stadium filled with fat unmasked supporters in spite of the increasing threat of COVID delta variant, but opposing forces which are dark and mysterious.
It has been great until it lasted. Thank you guys anyway!
Fat unmasked supporters, with their polo shirts buttoned all the way up, armed with laser pens and who throw multiple balls on the pitch.

But dread not. When the forces of Darkness seem to overwhelm us, in the 50th minute, at Dusk, look to the East...

·
First Place winner, June 2010 Photo Contest
38,609 Posts

Reactions: Beaux Balkans

·
Registered
13,284 Posts
Let's stop pretending this isn't England Euro 2020. Let's stop pretending that UEFA doesn't favor the home teams to the point of cheating (Byron Moreno). England has the home field throughout, they had the easy bracket and they have the refs. These English writers and commentators spent days insulting Immobile for getting up and celebrating. Where are they when their player dives in the box late in xtratime to punch their ticket to the final?

·
Registered
9,191 Posts
Hear the comment from Gary Neville for example. No class.
English fans whistling to other countries anthem.

But we know for the neutral and non English, their support will be to Italy.

I am all for the false 9 line up.
No reference for the English to pin on.

·
Registered
34,564 Posts
Di Lorenzo = Walker: perhaps Walker has the edge but we are talking about two autentique athletes with little technical skills

Emerson (?) <<< Shaw: this is going to be one of our weak links. The alternative could be Di Lorenzo on the left flank and Toloi on the right flank... which could be even worse because Toloi is damn slow

Walker did well with that physique vs Damsinho et al. It will be interesting to see him vs Insigne, another slow-ish foward/winger with a nice touch.

Di Lorenzo wasn't bad either, though.

Emerson actually had some ok runs, trying to fill the Spina void, but I find it hard to judge him and other Italians based on the Spain game where they saw so little of the ball!

·
Registered
16,309 Posts
Mancini would be hailed a genius if he changed formation and won the tournament, but a fool if it backfired. Would only be worth considering if the system is already dialled in, and there is something about it which would give a notable advantage against England over the 4-3-3.

·
Registered
34,564 Posts
Is there a chance Southgate will go back to the "3-4-3" (as v Germany)?

·
Registered
6,758 Posts
He seems a bit too cautous for drastic changes for the final.

btw Barella is the player who runs the most per 90 minutes, followed by Immobile. Somehow surprisingly Chiesa is the one that covers the least distance from the attacking trio if the stats of euro2020 site are correct.

·
Registered
47,195 Posts
Walker did well with that physique vs Damsinho et al. It will be interesting to see him vs Insigne, another slow-ish foward/winger with a nice touch.

Di Lorenzo wasn't bad either, though.

Emerson actually had some ok runs, trying to fill the Spina void, but I find it hard to judge him and other Italians based on the Spain game where they saw so little of the ball!
I had Damsinho in my Fantasy 11. Along with Kane and Sterling. Not that it means much since I'm languishing near the bottom in the league. Though elitists like @szövkap won't allow me to be part of the exclusive "bottom feeders" club. :mad:

Reactions: szövkap

·
Registered
47,195 Posts
He seems a bit too cautous for drastic changes for the final.

btw Barella is the player who runs the most per 90 minutes, followed by Immobile. Somehow surprisingly Chiesa is the one that covers the least distance from the attacking trio if the stats of euro2020 site are correct.
Tales of an Attacking Winger, right? He hauls ass on the ball but he isn't as hungry while tracking back as, say, Insigne in this tournament. In this particular tournament though, he hasn't been required to do a lot of tracking back anyway.

·
Registered
18,164 Posts
It reminds me of all the times I said Chiesa was a hard-worker and @ToniSamp would deny this. In the end Chiesa battles hard when he attacks but indeed probably doesn't defend much at all.

1 - 20 of 259 Posts