Xtratime Community banner

161 - 175 of 175 Posts

·
Honourable Mention, April Photo Contest 2008
19,147 Posts
If so, why do you keep whining and bashing the players and coach for?
You can lose against a better team and perform decent as well, just like Ukraine did against Germany for example. They gave the world champions a real fight, had countless shots at goal and so on. A performance they and their fans can be really proud of. And then you look at us...

Infact zpam, wow, just wow. Sevdiginiz adamlari korumak icin kirk takla atiyorsunuz. If you can accept this kind of loss and make yourself believe that this was only due to Croatia being the better team, then I have nothing to say.

·
Галатас&
5,906 Posts
And sorry to FT loyalists, but FT is a clueless out dated coach doesn't know how to use his players and once again trys to force a formation with all outa placed players and alot of yelling
Weren't you backpedaling on your "**** Tactics" statement just a couple days ago. You almost go from one extreme to another, so how can your opinions be taken seriously?

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
If so, why do you keep whining and bashing the players and coach for?
You can lose against a better team and perform decent as well, just like Ukraine did against Germany for example. They gave the world champions a real fight, had countless shots at goal and so on. A performance they and their fans can be really proud of. And then you look at us...

Infact zpam, wow, just wow. Sevdiginiz adamlari korumak icin kirk takla atiyorsunuz. If you can accept this kind of loss and make yourself believe that this was only due to Croatia being the better team, then I have nothing to say.
Great post, it was hard to watch! Croatia is no doubt a better team but we went out there and played like dog shit no one knew what to do.

That was 70% down to FT and 30 % down to being out classed.

spam once again ignoring 90% of my posts and trying to twist 1 sentence to back his weak statement

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
Weren't you backpedaling on your "**** Tactics" statement just a couple days ago. You almost go from one extreme to another, so how can your opinions be taken seriously?
Once again' twisting, never backpedalled may I advice you go back to that section and re read the whole discussion with reading glasses fatasslan.

FT Fart suckers uncapable to muster any actually argument with out fallacies

Plz Give Me 1 Example Terim Did Right Last Game.

Worst of all ask the Croatia fans they don't rate there current coach 1 bit, so the master of tactics terim got out classed by an unrated coach

·
Галатас&
5,906 Posts
Eventhough the Croatians were better in the 1st half, Turkey were still very much in the game. Although attacking wise they looked pretty hopeless as nobody carried the ball forward. Arda was probably the biggest let down, I've never seen him play that bad. When you're trailing 0-1 and have to take Arda off, that's when you know you're in the shit.

FT tried switching to 4-2-3-1 and then 4-4-2, but the players who got subbed in made the situation even worse. Emre and Volkan Sen brought some sharpness at the cost of passing accuracy.

You wanna call that FT's failure, it's fine. I think he did all that could be done.

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
Eventhough the Croatians were better in the 1st half, Turkey were still very much in the game. Although attacking wise they looked pretty hopeless as nobody carried the ball forward. Arda was probably the biggest let down, I've never seen him play that bad. When you're trailing 0-1 and have to take Arda off, that's when you know you're in the shit.

FT tried switching to 4-2-3-1 and then 4-4-2, but the players who got subbed in made the situation even worse. Emre and Volkan Sen brought some sharpness at the cost of passing accuracy.

You wanna call that FT's failure, it's fine. I think he did all that could be done.
Thank you fin, solid argument !

·
******!
3,187 Posts
on top of that they are very skillful individual players who are also key players for their teams playing regularily for their clubs, those teams are Barca, Inter Milan, Real Madrid, Juventus
this is exactly what turkey's manager fatih terim publicly said word for word before the match! the funny thing is that it was *mostly galatasaray fans who were overconfident in this forum and some others told me i was being negative for no reason..

that being said, and in that context, croatia's 6 attempts on goal to turkey's 2 attempts and having less possession and successful passes still isn't that impressive. being in the top tier of the sport, your performance against spain rather than turkey will say a lot more about your squad. and i'm not sure the refs will let you kill that much time against those guys.

·
Registered
4,211 Posts

Buzyb, if you look back at my posts you'll see I didn't say much about terim. I only mentioned how biased opinions were and complained about the lack of nuance. It is strange to paint a coach the way some guys here do when he has so many success written on his name.

I'm just trying to point out that people are being too harsh on both the players and coach.
Besiktas25 makes bold statements and acts like he figured everything out while everyone knows that football can be very unpredictable. There is a thin line between succes and failure.
Ozan is being bashed atm, but he would've been the celebrated man if that header of his during the first half hadn't been saved.
As a wise man once said :D "what can I do sometimes? It is the footbol"

·
Registered
9,740 Posts
I think that 18 year old has to start in Turkey's next game. Cenk Tosun sucks and Turkey need more players who can run with the ball.

·
Honourable Mention, April Photo Contest 2008
19,147 Posts
Buzyb, if you look back at my posts you'll see I didn't say much about terim. I only mentioned how biased opinions were and complained about the lack of nuance. It is strange to paint a coach the way some guys here do when he has so many success written on his name.
We should all try to be more nuanced in our evaluation of people I think. But after that awful performance it's obvious people will have a go at the manager and some players. I for my part still can't believe how scared and lacklustre we looked. Let's hope for a miracle and a much better performance on friday.

·
*the drum drum*
42,850 Posts
... you are debating it over and over ..... maybe just simply give credit where its due and admit that you've been beaten by the better team on the day .... .
Better team on the day, but needs to show much improvement if they're to progress deep into the tournament.

I thought Croatia was the (much) better of two quite average teams.

That said, no one team has really impressed me much so far. The quality of the tournament is pretty low to date.

·
*the drum drum*
42,850 Posts
Pirlo, one of the best midfielders of our generation on Fatih Terim

“Terim taktik panosunun önünde durur, bir tebeşir alır ve tahtaya 11 yuvarlak çizerdi. Her yuvarlak bir oyuncuyu temsil ederdi ancak tahtada o kadar çok not ve karalama olurdu ki hangi oyuncu forvet, hangisi defans, hangisi orta saha anlaşılmazdı. Tamamen kaos: sadece kaleci belliydi.

Terim would get in front of the tactical board and draw 11 circles representing players, but there were a lot of notes and scribbles on the board that you could hardly tell who the forwards, defenders, midfielders were. Complete chaos, only the goalkeeper position was clear and certain

Bir noktayı gösterir ve ‘Tamam, Costacurta sen şuraya gideceksin’ derdi. Ben de söze girmek zorunda kalırdım: ‘Ama hocam o benim.’

He would point somewhere and say ok Costacurta you're going to go here and I would be forced to interrupt and say but coach that's me...

Savunmacılarla golcüleri karıştırdığında iş iyice içinden çıkılmaz hale gelirdi. Bunu bilerek yaptığından şüphelenmeye başlamıştım. Sahada dört forvet ve yalnızca iki defans: Berlusconi’nin yasak hayali.”

Once he started mixing up forwards with defenders there was no way out of the mess. I started to suspect if he was doing it on purpose. 4 forwards and two defenders on the field. Berlusconi's forbidden dream.
LOL yeah definitely, and this guy is one of the highest paid coaches out there, up there with guys that have actually won championships. Can we for once get an unbiased, knowledgeable manager in there at one point or another?
Pirlo was right about Fatih , guy is truly a clown. We just snuck into the god damn tournament cause like 20 results went our way but now he's gonna kill it.
Yes, Pirlo wrote a whole book and basically called Terim a clown for not favoring Alper Potuk.
Graves, just for you, because you kept mentioning the Pirlo book.

I knew I had it in my little library somewhere, so I thought I'd get the pictures of those pages.

·
Registered
22,213 Posts
Yes! :D this way people don't think I'm making it up lol Fatih Terim for what he gets paid should produce a championship team consistently. Same with how much some NT players make.

161 - 175 of 175 Posts