Xtratime Community banner

161 - 180 of 200 Posts

·
Azerbaijani Eagle
10,025 Posts
Discussion Starter #161
My analysis of their game shape:

Kamran: Even though he plays for Karshiyaka in Turkey, he had terrible debut. He made big mistake by not accepting pay cut and move to Premier League. As result, he didn't used opportunity cost and he is very unstable.

Agil: Blunder after blunders. Not NT material.

Salahat: He was terrific in Inter's European campaign. He deserves a chance to start

Tarlan: Despite unlucky spell at Qarabag, so far he has been quiet good for Kapaz.

Badavi: He is in very solid shape. With this rate, he will be soon at foreign club.

Sadygov sr: The captain is getting old and weakening each game. It's time to replace him with someone like him.

Mirzabekov: Wasn't memorable at any performance for Gabala. Not ready for NT level.

Dashdamirov: He is solid season for Gabala. He became more pacy and skillful. The only thing he needs to work on more is that his accuracy not great. Deserves a chance in NT.

Urfan: He is been quiet good for Gabala overall, even though he have poor discipline record. Needs to control himself better.

Abishov, Araz Abdullayev: Lack leadership skills. Currently not NT material

Pavlo Pashayev: I've heard a lot about him. He is pretty decent defender after all Ukrainian league is not weak. Deserves a chance to start.

Sadigov jr: He is getting worst and worst after each game, even though he looked decent against Panathinaikos. I wouldn't give him a chance though.

Ruslan Gurbanov: Decent player with good pace and pressure, but he lacks killer touch. Needs to work hard on himself. Not ready for NT

Garayev: I've been dissapointed with him this season. He is been making a lot of stupid errors in Karabakh's defence.

Javid Taghiyev: He got potential but looses ball a lot. Not ready

Elvin Jamalov, Joshgun, Seymur Asadov, Rahman Hajiyev, Magomed Gurbanov: Nothing special.

Elvin Mammadov, Rahid Amirguliyev, Vugar Nadirov: Past his best. Not NT material

Afran: Expect more from him this season. It is all or nothing for Afran this year. Deserves to start.

Nazarov: Not seen his game this season but was good for NT in his last 3 games.

Elnur Jafarov, Nurlan Novruzov: Been in quiet decent shape. Good execution skills. Deserves a chance to prove himself.

Rauf: As always, Rauf is hard worker but lacks killer touch. He needs support from midfielders.

Eddy: It's time to see what is special about him. Let's hope he have La Liga class.

·
Azerbaijani Eagle
10,025 Posts
Discussion Starter #162
Bob deducted Novruzov, Urfan Abbasov, Rahman Hajiyev and Seymur Asadov from squad. Elvin Mammadov will also miss due his father's death

·
Azerbaijani Eagle
10,025 Posts
Discussion Starter #163
Top 10 most expensive Azeri NT players on Transfermarkt.de

1. Pavel Pashayev (€700,000)
2. Dmitriy Nazarov (€650,000)
3. Vagif Javadov (€500,000)
4. Kamran Aghayev (€500,000)
5. Gara Garayev (€500,000)
6. Vugar Nadirov (€450,000)
7. Ruslan Abishov (€450,000)
8. Javid Huseynov (€450,000)
9. Badavi Huseynov (€450,000)
10. Rashad Sadygov (€400,000)

Few young players, especially Gara Garayev really increased their value in last year. Gara last year was 150k, but this year 500k. Overall, performances in European cups will boost value of our players

·
Registered
2,475 Posts
predicted line-up for tommorow match vs Croats - Afran is still a question mark, he recovering from a slight injury.

M.Gurbanov will play as the lone striker, he's not much of an offense threat but will bring in lots of energy, pressing, and athleticism. R.Gurbanov and Nazarov will be switching spots throughout the game, our best chance would be to get Nazarov into shooting range. Rahid/Gara will have their hands full with Rakitic/Modric, luckily their both in good form at the moment. Mirzabekov will cover the left side and Dashdemirov on the right - In the away game Croatians had a field day on our flank, so both of them will have to put in a solid performance and I actually think (hope) Mirzabekov will have a good game to secure that weak RB position.

Prediction 1-1 or 1-2 Cros.

·
Registered
2,475 Posts
Very good result - great confidence boost ahead of the Malta game. 3 games - 5 pts / 0 goals allowed

I would;ve liked to seen more offensive output, we're basically playing w/out a forward since Mago Gurbanov looked more like a 2nd referee than a player- to his credit, he did well marking on setpieces and closing passing lanes. The forward postion is the missing piece in this puzzle, a play like Reynaldo would take us to another level where we can consitently attack and hold the ball in the opponents half. Defensively we were solid, Badavi was a rock in the back- its only a matter of time before he moves to a top league, with his game today he coulve easily play in top 5 leagues. Mirzabekov/Dashdemoriv stepped up big time, the covered their flanks and even made runs into the box, this was needed from them to get this result. Afran wasted a few chances and made indecisive passes but atleast he was able to make runs, draw defenders, and play a few nice 1-2s w/ Nazarov.

If we can keep up this momentum, I see us picking up a win in Malta and home draws vs Italy & Bulgaria - potentially finishing 10 pts in the campaign.

·
Registered
7,509 Posts
I didn't watch this match but a good result defensively at least. Now you guys need to translate bunker into a serious result. You need to get the "1-0, 2-1" wins. You need to be able to have the kind of midfield to run counter attacks and a good enough striker to find the net. Very good turnaround considering the first leg against Croatia.

·
Registered
2,475 Posts
Tommorows lineup vs. Malta

-------------------------Agaev------------------------

--Dashdemirov-----Badavi-----Rashad-----Mirzabekov

----------------Garayev-------Rahid--------------------

Ismayilov--------------Nazarov-----------------Tagiyev

---------------------R. Gurbanov-------------------------

·
Azerbaijani Eagle
10,025 Posts
Discussion Starter #175
Ruslan Gurbanov and Magomed Gurbanov better show themselves or they will be get dumped for future. Javid Taghiyev also must work on his execution.

·
Registered
2,475 Posts
halftime analysis: Aze 1-0 Mlt

I'm pleased with our performance so far - a much better half than in the Baku game. Refreshing to see us dominate possesion and put the Maltas on the back foot - we got possesion at 68%. The build up and off the ball movement is execellent but we struggle to take control in the box. We need someone to take the shots because theres plenty of openings, Rahid finally stepped up and took a good shot for the goal. In the 2nd half we can pull another goal if we keep playing at this pace, Malta seems to be ok with letting us dictate the tempo in hopes of catching us in a mental lapse. Much better offensive game from us than when we won in Baku.

·
Registered
7,136 Posts
two defensive blunders costed us two points. And could someone explain to me why Ruslan Gurbanov is still in the starting eleven? The guy is absolutely awful. He must have something on Bob, because there is no reason imaginable why this untalented hack is on the pitch.

·
Registered
91 Posts
We played good, created enough opportunities to take the victory but the luck was not on our side , Malta scored from only 2 opportunities they had . Nice to see NT showing character and fighting after conceded goals , never seen such attacking display from them.

two defensive blunders costed us two points. And could someone explain to me why Ruslan Gurbanov is still in the starting eleven? The guy is absolutely awful. He must have something on Bob, because there is no reason imaginable why this untalented hack is on the pitch.
Wouldn't blame him so hard, he had that moment hitting the bar and he did that second goal assist to Amirguliev , better than V Nadirov who shoots at birds anyway .

·
Registered
2,475 Posts
"Malta seems to be ok with letting us dictate the tempo in hopes of catching us in a mental lapse"
It played out the same way I predicted, however, I do think this was our best offense game- the movement, passing, and overlapping runs were excellent today, we lack a striker that can be clinical- Ruslan and Afran both missed 100% chances and Malta keeper came to the rescue. The Maltese caught us with a mental lapse, a lazy pass that resulted in a nice goal by Mifsud, same type of scenario with the second goal giving them the clinical finishes on their only chances. Overall, I enjoyed our performance today even though we should've came up with 3 pts, a good display of character to keep attacking after losing the lead and very confident in passing and attack build up. There's no longer guaranteed wins in UEFA these days - teams like Malta troubling Italy in the last game, Luxembourg beating Macedona, etc- the gap is closing (except maybe Girbraltar/SanMarino). Considering the level our of NT players with Maltas previous opponent Italy, we actually played much better than I expected, we could've scored 4 today but we lack a legit scoring forward - all the goals in this campaign were scored by midfielders. Big credit to Prosinecki and Qarabag/Gabala euro success, the coaches influence is visible, we're playing the style of Prosineckis playing days - he prefers to use our speed and short passing style with lots off the ball movement and much improved cover rotation. I like what Robi is doing with the team so far in only 4 games, he can only go by what's in his disposal, but with time as the team chemistry improves we can show more consistent play and possibly make run for 3rd place in our WC 18 group. Tonight was just a good game with an unfortunate result.

http://www.soccerstand.com/match/dd5sTm15/#match-summary
Mal -------------------Aze
34% Ball Possession 66%
8 Goal Attempts 21
3 Shots on Goal 8
2 Shots off Goal 7
3 Blocked Shots 6
5 Free Kicks 15
1 Corner Kicks 10
1 Offsides 0
21 Throw-in 21
6 Goalkeeper Saves 1
12 Fouls 4
1 Yellow Cards 0

·
Registered
91 Posts
It played out the same way I predicted, however, I do think this was our best offense game- the movement, passing, and overlapping runs were excellent today, we lack a striker that can be clinical- Ruslan and Afran both missed 100% chances and Malta keeper came to the rescue. The Maltese caught us with a mental lapse, a lazy pass that resulted in a nice goal by Mifsud, same type of scenario with the second goal giving them the clinical finishes on their only chances. Overall, I enjoyed our performance today even though we should've came up with 3 pts, a good display of character to keep attacking after losing the lead and very confident in passing and attack build up. There's no longer guaranteed wins in UEFA these days - teams like Malta troubling Italy in the last game, Luxembourg beating Macedona, etc- the gap is closing (except maybe Girbraltar/SanMarino). Considering the level our of NT players with Maltas previous opponent Italy, we actually played much better than I expected, we could've scored 4 today but we lack a legit scoring forward - all the goals in this campaign were scored by midfielders. Big credit to Prosinecki and Qarabag/Gabala euro success, the coaches influence is visible, we're playing the style of Prosineckis playing days - he prefers to use our speed and short passing style with lots off the ball movement and much improved cover rotation. I like what Robi is doing with the team so far in only 4 games, he can only go by what's in his disposal, but with time as the team chemistry improves we can show more consistent play and possibly make run for 3rd place in our WC 18 group. Tonight was just a good game with an unfortunate result.

http://www.soccerstand.com/match/dd5sTm15/#match-summary
Mal -------------------Aze
34% Ball Possession 66%
8 Goal Attempts 21
3 Shots on Goal 8
2 Shots off Goal 7
3 Blocked Shots 6
5 Free Kicks 15
1 Corner Kicks 10
1 Offsides 0
21 Throw-in 21
6 Goalkeeper Saves 1
12 Fouls 4
1 Yellow Cards 0
Agree , even Robi said this was the best attacking performance of znat under him , even Italy had about 7-8 shots on target against this Malta and they played at home ... The heat also affected .

161 - 180 of 200 Posts