Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

UEFA, Bakan Başesgioğlu'nun ev sahipliğine aday olacağımızı açıkladığı Euro 2016'da, asgari 30 bin kişilik 9 stada sahip olunması gerektiğini açıkladı..

UEFA, 24 ülkenin katılacağı Euro 2016 finallerinin ev sahipliği yarışmasının yol haritasını açıkladı. Buna göre; son başvuru tarihi 9 Mart 2009. Euro 2016'ya ev sahipliği yapacak aday ülke veya ülkeler 2010'da açıklanacak. 3 ülkenin ortaklığına sıcak baktığını açıklayarak Galler-İrlanda-İskoçya adaylığına yeşil ışık yakan UEFA, asgari 30 bin kişi kapasiteli 9 stat talep etti. Spordan Sorumlu Devlet Bakanı Murat Başesgioğlu, geçtiğimiz günlerde turnuvaya aday olacağımızı açıklamıştı. Dolayısıyla Türkiye'nin bu yarış için UEFA standardında 9 stadyuma ihtiyacı olduğu da ortaya çıktı.

İSTANBUL'DAN İKİ STAT

Finalist sayısının 16'dan 24'e çıkması ve dörderli 6 gruptan ilk ikiler dışında en iyi dört üçüncünün ikinci tura çıkacak olmasıyla karşılaşma sayısı da 31'den 51'e yükseldi. Bir şehirden en fazla iki stat bildirilebildiği için İstanbul'da yer alan Şükrü Saraçoğlu, İnönü, Atatürk Olimpiyat ve yapılacak Seyrantepe'den ikisi devre dışı kalacak. Kayseri'deki Kadir Has Stadyumu dışında altı stada daha ihtiyaç var. Euro 2016'ya ev sahibi olabilmemiz için Bursa, Ankara, İzmir, Antalya ve Konya dışında bir yere daha yenileme veya inşaat yoluyla bir stat kazandırmamız gerekiyor.

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Sabah

UEFA claimed that 9 stadiums at least 30,000 capacity are required for Euro 2016. There will be 2 stadiums from Istanbul because maximum 2 stadiums can be used from one city and 6 more needed else Kadir Has stadium and Bursa, Ankara, Izmir, Antalya and Konya stadiums and one other stadium should be either renovated or new stadiums should be built in those cities.

·
Premium Member
8,433 Posts
1st one
We need 9 stadia, that can hold more than 30k people in order to make a bid for Euro 2016. The deadline is on March 9 2009. Uefa is favourable for the Wales, Scotland, and Ireland trio bid, and they offered 9 30k+ stadia to UEFA. In order to beat them we need 9 stadia that can hold 30k+ with UEFA standards.

Istanbul can make 2 of these either Inonu, Saracoglu, Seyrantepe, Ataturk. 2 of them have to be left out. There is a new stadium in Kayseri but in order to make a proper bid we need Bursa, Konya, Ankara, Izmir and Antalya to renovate or make whole new stadia.

·
Registered
16,995 Posts
Only the plans and ambition of Turkey are needed to win the bid in 2009. The stadiums will actually be built at a later stage.

I made a thread about our potential bid before. The TFF have actually been dead serious about winning this bid and are also planning to build a few new stadiums if we do win the bids. And about the favourites Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland bid, it probably won't happen.

·
*the drum drum*
42,884 Posts
It'd be great to host the tournament and all, but I hope for UEFA's sake they go elsewhere. Turkey will manage to ugly the tournament in one way or another, god knows one of the team's will have half their squad die in a bus accident or something.

Beyond stadiums the most important thing is transport, which in Turkey is absolutely woeful. I'd love for this to be a reason to fix it, but you know they won't.

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
Because Turkey will become Europe's Brazil soon, it can host a 9-city tournament alone.

Say it first, then ponder how.

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
well i would really like for turkey to host it, cuz i would deffenately go as i have family in istanbul and izmir.

i would like to see these cities host the event.

istanbul(2 stadiums)
antalya
izmir
ankara(2 stadiums)
trabzon
kayseri
bursa

from istanbul i would like the new galatasaray stadium host it and Atatürk Olimpiyat Stadi. the final would be at Atatürk Olimpiyat Stadi.

·
*the drum drum*
42,884 Posts
Şükrü Saraçoğlu would probably be chosen as İstanbul's second stadium, so that they could showcase İstanbul's split across Asia and Europe in the tourism campaigns that would compliment the hosting of the tournament.

There's also absolutely no use for one big stadium in Ankara, let alone two, nor in Antalya who only have a team in the Süperlig once every few years.

·
Registered
8,299 Posts
Şükrü Saraçoğlu would probably be chosen as İstanbul's second stadium, so that they could showcase İstanbul's split across Asia and Europe in the tourism campaigns that would compliment the hosting of the tournament.

There's also absolutely no use for one big stadium in Ankara, let alone two, nor in Antalya who only have a team in the Süperlig once every few years.
yea but in antalya during the euro, it will be summer or at least towards the summer. i'm sure they'll be able to promote some sort of turist deals or something to make extra money by ripping of the yabancis. and who knows maybe they can market well into asia and have lots of people from there to come and watch/view the city(s) and so on. it sounds like a perfect idea actually. if its successful, then the word of mouth from everyone will spread in a positive way making it more probable that 'more cultured' turists will be able to go there instead of the ones who cannot afford the big time turist spots and have to go to antalya as an alternative?

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

well i mean i dont know what 2 other cities would host the games, but you may know better so tell me. and i not saying build 2 brand new stadiums in ankara, i mean like renovated and add temporarry seating to Ankara 19 Mayis Stadi and Yenikent ASAS Stadyumu. and antalya is already building a new stadium and antalya would be the perfect city to host because it would bring new tourists, think outside the box for a moment.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:New_Antalya_Stadium.jpg

http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=520926

·
*the drum drum*
42,884 Posts
Antalya, outside the box? It's the idea that's so far inside the box it's stuck to the bottom of it.

It's the single busiest tourist destination in the country and does not need a football tournament to help it. It's also far too hot during June, add to that the airport and all public transport is more or less unusable due to the influx of summer tourists at that time of year. Put it this way, during peak season there are planes flying into Antalya every 3 minutes.

Those two stadiums in Ankara. One is too small and needs to be expanded and after Euro will be occupied to about 15% capacity. The other is so old that any renovation work is going to be more or less the same as building a brand new stadium anyway, and again won't be utilised at all after the tournament (except for the kid's bayrams and what not).

Ankara is the capital and gets hosting by default but the only other advantage is that there is a decent road link to İstanbul. But any infrastructure put in place there is going to go to waste after those two weeks, unlike if you build a stadium in Eskişehir for example.

·
Premium Member
8,433 Posts
have you guys experienced the antalya traffic? i can just imagine it during euros...what a failure that would be.

·
Registered
22,213 Posts
Ankara is the capital and gets hosting by default but the only other advantage is that there is a decent road link to İstanbul. But any infrastructure put in place there is going to go to waste after those two weeks, unlike if you build a stadium in Eskişehir for example.
:thmbup: Isn't that right! :stuckup: plus Eskişehir is a beautiful city where people can enjoy themselves day and night. I wish they'd take that design that I put in the Eskişehirspor forums. They now have a damn man made beach in Eskişehir too!! I am going to have to put up pictures when I get. Eskişehir, Bursa, Sakarya can all max out 30,000 even when the tournament is done.

·
Registered
10,048 Posts
Well, everyone was bitching about Uefa Champions League Final... but that went well. If Uefa Cup finals goes on nicely, I really don't see any reason why Turkey wouldn't or couldn't host Euro or World Cup.

·
I like things
14,200 Posts
UEFA champions league final did NOT go well. If you speak anyone, go read any news article from foreign sources they are all disgusted with the inaccessibility of the stadium. It was a disaster if anything. Or how about when galas stadium was falling apart, and they had to play in that stadium... another disaster.

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
After Ukraine (& Poland) and S.Africa, there's no chance another backwater (err... quickly-developing, with IMF loans) country be given a shot.

First 24-nation Euro finals, on top of that.

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
After Ukraine (& Poland) and S.Africa, there's no chance another backwater (err... quickly-developing, with IMF loans) country be given a shot.

First 24-nation Euro finals, on top of that.
your calling turkey a backwater country? you F***ing sh**face
i really dont get it, why the f do you even come on turkish forum? its obvious that you are from some shithole country(probably armenia) and is jelous of turkey.
look nobody give a flying f*** what you have to say, and dont compare ukraine, poland, and s africa with turkey.
look at poland they are in eu, they get all those funds and it still is a shithole. if turkey were ever to join eu and get all that money, it would have a stronger economy than italy and france combined

1 - 20 of 42 Posts