Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
2,350 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
UEFA odlučila o sistemu kvalifikacija za EURO 2012

http://www.live.ba/bs/vijesti/uefa-odlu%C4%8Dila-o-sistemu-kvalifikacija-za-euro-2012

The qualifications will start in less than a year.

Which young players do you think will be added to the national team?

I think these kids should get a shot...

Dalibor Pandža
Ognjen Vranješ
Mario Vrančić
Aleksandar Kosorić
Said Husejinović
Damir Šovšić
Haris Handžić
Ermin Zec
Almir Pliska
Haris Vučkić
Mahir Hadžirešić
Ermin Bičakčić

Also....Haris Međunjanin.

·
Registered
3,813 Posts
UEFA odlučila o sistemu kvalifikacija za EURO 2012

http://www.live.ba/bs/vijesti/uefa-odlu%C4%8Dila-o-sistemu-kvalifikacija-za-euro-2012

The qualifications will start in less than a year.

Which young players do you think will be added to the national team?

I think these kids should get a shot...

Dalibor Pandža
Ognjen Vranješ
Mario Vrančić
Aleksandar Kosorić
Said Husejinović
Damir Šovšić
Haris Handžić
Ermin Zec
Almir Pliska
Haris Vučkić
Mahir Hadžirešić
Ermin Bičakčić

Also....Haris Međunjanin.
Ermin Zec, Ognjen Vranjes, Haris Medunjanin and Said Husejinovic if the latter proves me wrong and manages to break into the Werder Bremen team. The rest is nowhere near ready for our NT.

·
Registered
6,961 Posts
bit early for this, only thing that should be on Bosnian Minds is getting to AFRICA!!!!

·
Registered
2,350 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ermin Zec, Ognjen Vranjes, Haris Medunjanin and Said Husejinovic if the latter proves me wrong and manages to break into the Werder Bremen team. The rest is nowhere near ready for our NT.
We should also test out these defenders:

Zoran Rendulić
Nikola Vasiljević

·
Sheperdesque
21,256 Posts
I wouldnt blood too many youngsters into the NT especially if we pull off a miracle and qualify for RSA. Pretty much in agreeance with KV on the ones that might or should get a chance. We need to look at trying to establish a stronger u-21 side not rush young ones into the first team just beacsue of their egos or threats made to play for other countries. While all the guys in the list above area good players and most will probably play for the NT, there is only room for 11 players on the pitch at a time and some will just simply have to wait their turn

·
Registered
7,326 Posts
^ Hey... better early than late ;)

From the list you posted...I'll take these guys:

Said Husejinović
Ermin Zec
Haris Vučkić
Ermin Bičakčić (???)
Haris Medunjanin

You're just missing so many other players. I'd give these guys a shot as well:

Admir Ljevakovic
Ajdin Mahmutovic
Edin Cocalic
(considered a defensive revelation by many coaches in BiHPL (some who have had illustrious careers)
Nemanja Bilbija
Elvir Colic

...etc...?

·
Registered
8,447 Posts
I really hope Ljevakovic gets his chance! But as many pointed out, its still too early for this :)

·
Registered
7,326 Posts
^ go to the "Bosnian players in Teplice" or whatever the name of the thread is

He always talks about Ljevakovic there every game and he often says Ljevakovic is Teplice's best or one of the best players on the field.

·
Registered
6,961 Posts
Wasn't there some rule change that for EC'12 2 teams from the group would go directly through, which would mean there would be more teams at the tournament itself?

I guess they didn't implement it afterall then ...
i think thats for 2016

·
Registered
69,187 Posts
even though I don't agree with it, it is what it is, basically almost 50% of UEFA associations will qualify (unless more countries emerge by then). With the 16 team tournament there are already 1-2 "bad" teams in the tournament, it will only increase.

But its understandable, the game is progressing in most of Europe and it will certainly avoid any chances of the "big guys" not qualifying, which costs UEFA money ;)

·
Csíkszentmihályi fan
6,011 Posts
even though I don't agree with it, it is what it is, basically almost 50% of UEFA associations will qualify (unless more countries emerge by then). With the 16 team tournament there are already 1-2 "bad" teams in the tournament, it will only increase.

But its understandable, the game is progressing in most of Europe and it will certainly avoid any chances of the "big guys" not qualifying, which costs UEFA money ;)
That's the reason for the expansion, I'm afraid. After Croatia (less than five million mostly modest consumers) knocked out England (over forty-five million all-consuming drones), the marketing boys at UEFA didn't want that kind of thing happening again, hence the expansion (even though I think the plan was originally tabled by Scotland and the Republic of Ireland).

It's like the automatic qualification for the Champions League group stages, which I believe came about after Galatasaray eliminated Manchester United in the 1993-4 preliminaries.

Money doesn't just talk: it shouts, screams and drowns everything else out :thmbdown:

·
Registered
7,326 Posts
Of course this is a brilliant idea! :thumbsup:

How in god's name can you be against this?? You must be insane. The more teams, the better chance for your nation to qualify, earn popularity & respect, and earn cash :thumbsup: Do you not want to qualify or something? Wow.. don't pretend you hate this idea or something, lol. No one is against this idea in any form. Besides... there are some 3rd place teams in a few groups that are better than some 1st/2nd place teams in other groups. I guess that problem will also be fixed with this new format.

I don't know about the other bosnians, but I love this idea 100% primarily because we will have a better chance to qualify for the Euros. If you're Bosnian and you're against this idea, you're total nuts, because we've never qualified for anything.

·
Csíkszentmihályi fan
6,011 Posts
From a Bosnian pov, it is great in terms of qualification, no doubt, but from the pov of a footballing purist, it isn't good news. The new format will most likely produce a lot of 'dead' games in the initial phase, and the overall consistency of quality will most likely go down. Sixteen teams was an almost perfect size for the European Championships.

Having said that, people once thought that the expansion to 16 teams from 8 (in 1996) was a disaster waiting to happen :undecide:

·
Registered
9,740 Posts
From a Bosnian pov, it is great in terms of qualification, no doubt, but from the pov of a footballing purist, it isn't good news. The new format will most likely produce a lot of 'dead' games in the initial phase, and the overall consistency of quality will most likely go down. Sixteen teams was an almost perfect size for the European Championships.

Having said that, people once thought that the expansion to 16 teams from 8 (in 1996) was a disaster waiting to happen :undecide:
I don't get why people thought that. The Expansion to 16 made sense considiring the geo-political situation of that time. The Berlin wall had already been gone, along with the Soviet Union, Yugoslavia and the Czechoslovakian split. This meant more countries in qualifiyers and it made sense for more teams at the Euros. Although that probably wasn't the main reason for the upgrade to 16 teams.

24 teams is all right in my opinion. That means good teams from Smaller states/Eastern European countries like Denmark, Bosnia, Serbia, ROI, Slovakia, Ukraine, Hungary and Slovenia won't miss out playing in a European championship. Question is, will most people like the new format?

·
Registered
2,350 Posts
Discussion Starter #19

I haven't seen many "dead" games in these qualifiers. Also, the campaign has been very exciting. Just look at the standings. Romania, 5th in their group?!

·
Registered
7,326 Posts
Soooo many teams in Europe are good. For example Belarus is better than teams like Canada who are supposed to be one of the major sides in North America.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts