Xtratime Community banner

21 - 40 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
12,771 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Surprises and more surprises.
Fernandez has made an initial testing formation in which he switched formations from the 4-4-2 to the 3-5-2 being the latter the most probable one for him to start against Latvia.

During most of practice the starters were: Aouate in goal (good news for us that he is recovered), Ben Haim, Keinan and Guershon three central defenders, Twataha as leftwing and Elroy Cohen in the rightwing, but being susbtitued by Yoav Ziv.
In midfield Kiyal has a secure place and will probably play alongside Bibras Natkho who is disputing a place with in form Almog Cohen.
Lior Refaelov will be the playmaker playing behind Elyaniv Barda and Omer Damari.

According to reports the trio upfront is pratically secure to start. Kiyal and the three central defenders as well, being the only doubt if Guershon will be leftback of another central defender depending on the formation.

------------------------------Aouate-------------------------------

----------------Ben Haim--------Keinan------------Guershon-------

-----Elroy Cohen-------Kiyal-----------Natkho-----------Twataha-----

-------------------------------Refaelov---------------------------

................................Barda-------------------Damari---------------

What do you guys think of the lineup?

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
Rami Gershon is not a left-back..its not a bad formation, I think Elroee isn't good enough to play for the national team yet, but we will see..

·
Registered
273 Posts
It's creative, but I wonder how much offense Israel could get from it, especially up the left side with Gershon and Tawatha. Also, with Benayoun looking to come in as a sub, how does that affect things?

·
Registered
12,771 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
It's creative, but I wonder how much offense Israel could get from it, especially up the left side with Gershon and Tawatha. Also, with Benayoun looking to come in as a sub, how does that affect things?
We shouldn´t play Benayoun in this game unless things are really bad for us. He hasn´t played pratically for half an year and is completely out of form. Of course, his leadership, tehcnique, intelligence are important for the team and the other teams respect Israel more when he is on the pitch, but IMO we shouldn´t risk him.

The lineup isn´t bad based on the players he called up, but I agree we don´t look so effective offensively speaking. Fernandez is aware that without the three points against Latvia we are out of the competition and he is out of the job.

·
Registered
273 Posts
We shouldn´t play Benayoun in this game unless things are really bad for us. He hasn´t played pratically for half an year and is completely out of form. Of course, his leadership, tehcnique, intelligence are important for the team and the other teams respect Israel more when he is on the pitch, but IMO we shouldn´t risk him.

The lineup isn´t bad based on the players he called up, but I agree we don´t look so effective offensively speaking. Fernandez is aware that without the three points against Latvia we are out of the competition and he is out of the job.
Given that, I'm surprised Fernandez doesn't go with a 4-4-2, or some kind of formation that most of the players are used to working in. Israel's players are certainly more talented than Latvia's, so why make their life hard by forcing them to play in a complicated formation on short notice?

·
The one who was Bella
20,196 Posts
Anyone heard Shlomo Sherf on "Yetzia a'itonut" ? I fvcking hate this guy.. I can't wait for the times he will be too old to appear on TV, this guy is a flat out interesant hater.

Hate him to the soul, disgusting humanbeing.

·
The one who was Bella
20,196 Posts
Nothing diffrent, it's just his hate for every single NT coach is sickning!

They were saying something about "you said he should have suspended Zahevi and he did!" , so he says "Yea but what about Buzaglo??"

I can't really remember what else, there were stuff about Yossi etc too but mainly the thing was "bash Luiz Fernandez and say he's a bad coach" - now you know I fully agree with that and he is right in general, but the way he does it just cause he got a public personal "war" with him over the media is just so obvious and annoying.

And on the other hand for his friends, them he defends and doesn't say a word, just praise.

I'll give you an example of how sickening his hate parade goes.

He and Avram Grant obviously hate each other... now what did Shlomo do? in the begining of the season, he said infront of everyone in the panel from day one, that West-Ham United has the 5th best squad and 5th best quality of players in the PL(he said : United, Arsenal, City, Chelsea, Westham).

Now that ofcourse is absord, especiely in the begining of the season.. but why did he say it? he said it cause this way, he will ALWAYS be able to critisize and "laredet" on Avram Grant.. cause even if he does good he can't possibly reach the 5th place.. so say he get to 7th-8th he will say "Oh but with his team he needs to be 5th!"... and everytime Avram wins a team he says "ah but he got a squad worth the 5th place, he NEED to win them(when he won Liverpool he said that), saying stuff like "who is Liverpool? West Ham are ALOT better then them".. all of this just cause Avram won them.

It's hard to put it in words, but if you will see the show you'll understand exactly why I hate him.. this guy is just the most biased person on the planet.. the fact that he's allowed to speak his mind every week infront of the country sickens me.

·
Registered
12,771 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Nothing diffrent, it's just his hate for every single NT coach is sickning!

They were saying something about "you said he should have suspended Zahevi and he did!" , so he says "Yea but what about Buzaglo??"

I can't really remember what else, there were stuff about Yossi etc too but mainly the thing was "bash Luiz Fernandez and say he's a bad coach" - now you know I fully agree with that and he is right in general, but the way he does it just cause he got a public personal "war" with him over the media is just so obvious and annoying.

And on the other hand for his friends, them he defends and doesn't say a word, just praise.

I'll give you an example of how sickening his hate parade goes.

He and Avram Grant obviously hate each other... now what did Shlomo do? in the begining of the season, he said infront of everyone in the panel from day one, that West-Ham United has the 5th best squad and 5th best quality of players in the PL(he said : United, Arsenal, City, Chelsea, Westham).

Now that ofcourse is absord, especiely in the begining of the season.. but why did he say it? he said it cause this way, he will ALWAYS be able to critisize and "laredet" on Avram Grant.. cause even if he does good he can't possibly reach the 5th place.. so say he get to 7th-8th he will say "Oh but with his team he needs to be 5th!"... and everytime Avram wins a team he says "ah but he got a squad worth the 5th place, he NEED to win them(when he won Liverpool he said that), saying stuff like "who is Liverpool? West Ham are ALOT better then them".. all of this just cause Avram won them.

It's hard to put it in words, but if you will see the show you'll understand exactly why I hate him.. this guy is just the most biased person on the planet.. the fact that he's allowed to speak his mind every week infront of the country sickens me.
Or, I haven´t seen this show, but I know exactly you are talking about.
This comes from a long time since he lost to Denmark when Israel was the closest to qualify for a major competition and we were trashed at Ramat Gan. He was bashed and received many criticism.

Eversince he has been the public enemy number one of the NT and we never see him saying good things. Last campaign I saw an interview with Benayoun and he said that "too many people want the NT to fail", he didn´t want to mention Sharf, but we could see that one of these people were him.

It is disgusting as you say. People wanting their own country to fail, this is a short mentality since the success of the NT is the success of all and opens bigger possibilities for players coaches and everyone involved in football.

Sharf is man who has envy and is hurt by the criticism he received in the past, so he hates strongly.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Lineup appears to be:

------------------------------Aouate-------------------------------

-----------Itzik Cohen--------Ben Haim------------Guershon-------

-----Ziv-------Kiyal-----------Natkho-----------Twataha-----

-------------------------------Refaelov---------------------------

................................Barda-------------------Damari---------------

Doesn't look good to me.

·
The one who was Bella
20,196 Posts
What happened to Dekel Keinan btw?

On the formation, I hate it - but thats what we got sadly.. we'll have to manage.

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
I liked the lineup the Czechs played against Spain, maybe we should adopt it, has both defensive and offensive qualities to it..

-----------------Aouate---------------
Ziv----Gershon----------Ben-Haim--Tawatha
-----------------Kiyal-------------------
Rafaelov--Natcho-----Buzaglo----Barda---
----------------Damari-------------------

I think that would be a better lineup, we could have our attacking players play more defensively...

·
Registered
12,771 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
I liked the lineup the Czechs played against Spain, maybe we should adopt it, has both defensive and offensive qualities to it..

-----------------Aouate---------------
Ziv----Gershon----------Ben-Haim--Tawatha
-----------------Kiyal-------------------
Rafaelov--Natcho-----Buzaglo----Barda---
----------------Damari-------------------

I think that would be a better lineup, we could have our attacking players play more defensively...
The Czechs almost surprised the Spaniards, but they had organization, discipline, and know how to use their individual quality.
We need to use that in order to succeed, but we won`t be likely to do under our current state.

·
Registered
12,771 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
What happened to Dekel Keinan btw?

On the formation, I hate it - but thats what we got sadly.. we'll have to manage.
Itsik Cohen is having a good season for Hapoel Acco, but don`t think he is better than Dekel Keinan. Anyways, Fernandez mind is something different, he likes to be different.

Well anyways good luck for Cohen and for Israel.

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
We are capable of organization as well...hopefully if Eli Guttman is the next manager, he will bring some organization to the National team that we have been missing for a while...

21 - 40 of 66 Posts