Vs.

COMPETITION: Euro 2012 Qualifiers

KICKOFF: 21:45 (Local Time)

VENUE: Giorgios Karaiskakis Stadium, Piraeus

·
Registered
12,771 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Israel comes from a tight defeat to Croatia in Tel Aviv and will try to lift its morale ahead of another crucial match against Greece.

The team will do without influential defender Tal Ben Haim who will suspended due to yellow card accumulation. Luis Fernandez is expected to change some players in the starting lineup and return to the 4-4-2 formation. Dani Bondar is expected to start at the right side and Refaelov is also rumoured to start among the eleven.

Probable lienup: Aouate; Bondar, Keinan, Tamir Cohen (Rami Guershon), Ben Dayan (Ziv); Almog Cohen, Natkho, Vermut, Refaelov, Shechter, Barda.

What do you guys think of the lineup?

Tamir Cohen once again improvised at the heart of defense, Bondar as the rightback. Could we surprise in Greece?

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
I don't see why not, although Greece's defense is much better than ours, and that could be the difference in the game, their central defenders are huge, and our forwards are average height and fast, should be an interesting matchup. Meanwhile our pairing of Cohen and Keinan is a joke, lets face it, until we are good enough in defense Israel will never advance to the Euros, Keinan was beaten one on one by Niko Kranjcar to score Croatia's second goal, he simply wasn't good enough.

·
Registered
485 Posts
I had ZERO confidence in Israel even tying Croatia at home, but for some reason, which I cant explain, I just don't feel nervous and I think that Israel will win.

Im still so pissed about that penalty call. FKNING BULLSHIT. Their are so many times when referee's deserve the abuse they are given. I've said this before, these refs go on the field thinking they are the top of the food chain, with their smug faces and 'dont piss me off' attitude, and thats a huge problem.

·
Registered
11,734 Posts
Im with Lior.....

I think we have a good chance...
I mean, in reality....im aiming for atleast...a tie...but anything can happen. Israeel can do some damage. I think we played really well, but had the ref ruin our game last time. I think this time around, we can atleast be prepared and get the Greeks where they are most vulnerable at.

The game at home to Georgia could have been an upset to them..they were not very motivated and only came away with a goal..so maybe they may play back and let our side do some damages!

YALLA ISRAEL!

THIS IS THE ULTIMATE LAST STRAW I HAVE WITH THE NT :mad:

·
Registered
293 Posts
I think Israel are much more talented then Greece.
I remember seeing them in the World cup and the looked so bad. so slow,and robotic.
with a good and quick passing game we can rule them but it will be hard.

and dont forget: we only had one win against a higher ranked team in the qualifiers outside of israel. and that also was a garbage time game against France in 93'.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Greece looked bad against World Cup competition because they faced good teams. Israel looks bad playing against mediocre teams. Let's not kid ourselves. Go Israel, of course, but we can't expect a win or a tie today. If that happens, I will be ecstatic.

·
Registered
12,771 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
In theory I could optimistic since in Israel has better individual players than Greece, but we all know that this is not enough to win a game. The Greeks despite playing a robotic game like Ariel said are very organized and tactically disciplined which makes things tough for us. (With new coach Fernando Santos they are slowly trying to change their style).

We could have a parameter from the last qualifiers where we could have beaten the Greeks comfortably at Ramat Gan and in Greece a draw was in our hands, but a silly penalty blew it away.

Anyways, we have to win or else we are out.

·
Registered
12,771 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Lineup announced and with some surprises. Rami Guershon will make his debut in the senior squad as leftback (something I suggested for the Croatia game as well since both Ben Dayan and Ziv aren`t in good form), Vermut will start from the bench as Golasa will start and Collauti will begin instead of Barda.

-------------------------------Aouate--------------------------------

------Bondar--------Keinan------------Tamir Cohen------Guershon---

---------------------Almog Cohen------Natkho------------------------

-------Shechter----------------Golasa------------------Refaelov------

------------------------------Collauti------------------------------

What do you guys think of the starting lineup?

·
The one who was Bella
20,196 Posts
This lineups thing is a joke.. I mean not only this one.... in general it looks like Fernandez don't even know what/who he's dealing with and changes the players game after game(and somehow the ONLY one that stays is Tamir Cohen :palm:)

I am also in for giving time etc, but really with the formation changes, player changes, and all the fiasco around the national team, so far he's deserving the grade F for his time.

I mean the minimum you would ask from the national team coach is to KNOW the players and have a basic knowlage of whos your guys and how you'de want to play.

About this specific lineup - I can't see Rafaelov, Kolautti and Tamir cohen is the national team lineup... terrible, just terrible.. let's hope Shechter saves us.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts