Xtratime Community banner

Who will be crowned European champion ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 20 of 365 Posts

·
Registered
666 Posts
This will certainly be an interesting encounter. IMO, Italy will be more nervous compared to Spain since this is Spain's 3rd final in a row.

Nevertheless, I think Italy will beat Spain 2-1 with Balotelli scoring twice.

I'll give Spain this, if they do beat Italy, they'll be the elite of the elite. Three titles in row would be something.

Here's hoping for an entertaining final...:hopeful:

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
I don't think it's going to be an entertaining final.

Spain will do what they do best, and if anything, be even more preoccupied with denying Italy the ball given how they dismantled Germany with a couple of moments of brilliance and also given that Italy gave them a few concerns during the group stage.

Italy on the other hand cannot over exert themselves for the 3rd game in a week, with one of the previous 2 going to extra time.

This is going to be one of those rare contests where even an early goal for either team won't open the game up straight away.

Another 1-0 to Spain perhaps.

·
Registered
15,805 Posts
0-0 nail-to-cross borefest with Spain to win on penalties

·
poco loco
3,657 Posts
1-1 in regular time and Pedro to bring the winning goal in minute 111.

:rollani:

·
Registered
12,484 Posts
This final will be fantastic. Both teams will play tactically - at least both sides will have a game plan and it would be good to see if they can execute it.

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
Battle of the negative football

Tikitenaccio vs Catenaccio
Real/Barca vs Juventus
Alonso vs Pirlo
??? Vs Balotelli

Which style, team, individual will prevail??

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
Lol if anyone calls this Italy a catenaccio team they are off their head. It's up there with the best football we have ever played. I guess Italy will always be labelled this despite not playing catenaccio since the 60s

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
How the heck was the first goal a catenaccio move? Pirlo's pass came with 9 Germans behind the ball

The 2nd goal was also not catenaccio as we left 2 in attack while Germany had a corner.

·
Nun c'è Problema!
3,172 Posts
Everybody is a football expert and mostly you hear stuff like this. Italy will always be labeled as a catenaccio team for majority of football "fans", even if they would play 4-2-4...

·
Registered
17,517 Posts
For once I want Italy to win and definitely not so that Germany can claim to have lost vs. the champions but because Italy showed a much much better performance in the knockout rounds than Spain.

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
Just a crappy note but in 3 of the last 5 tournaments teams that have played in the Group stage has ended up playing each other in the final. 1996, 2004 and 2012. It also could not happen in 08 anyway as they met in semis so it's 3 of last 4 possible tournaments since its been 16 teams.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I have a feeling this one may go to penalties aswell... It depends if Italy allows Spain to play their tiki-taka game really, imo. But I think Italy has great chances to win this and to neutralize Spain's midfield to an extent, at least they have key-players to do so... We'll see, I haven't seen their 1st game but it wouldn't surprise me at all if this one ended on 1-1 by the end of the 90 minutes either. It's hard to visualize this game without any goals, tbh. So probably 1-1 or 2-2... More likely 1-1.

·
Registered
987 Posts
Think Spain regrets not having made a "deal" with Croatia, during the Group Stage final matches, to have their match end in a 2-2 draw that would have, subsequently, eliminated Italy and, thus, send Spain and Croatia to the quarterfinals?

Recall in Euro 2004 Group Stage, during the final matches, where Italy was eliminated due to Denmark and Sweden having their match end in a 2-2 draw. Those 4 goals scored between them looked fishy.

·
Registered
69,181 Posts
I hope Italy wins but it will be a tight game, similar to the ESP-POR game probably with Spain either scoring late or in extra time

·
CULT OF PERSONALITY
21,014 Posts
LOl at Italy playing Catenaccio:D
people always suffer from the type casting. Italy plays Catenaccio, Brazil plays joga bonito, Spain plays quick passing, wing based game etc etc.

Anyways this is gonna be a treat for purists while a entertainment craved fan which be bored to death unless one of the team takes the risk.

1 - 20 of 365 Posts