Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
International
8,545 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you guys think of the joint bid, do you think it'll be successful? Srebric was happy with the first presentation and I think we stand a chance of getting it. We might not have the overall best bid but the spirit of co-operation might get us over the top.

·
Registered
641 Posts
I think it is great but in all honesty we had a better chance with Hungary until they chickened out. In all honesty most Europeans have the same image of Bosnia that they did when there was a war so I think in all honesty it is a dream. I think the Ireland Scotland bid will take it if not the Greece-Turkey bid.

·
Registered
36,402 Posts
how many times can you fit he words "in all honesty" into a 4 line post ;) :tongue: joking Van Cro...

I can't imagine which cities have adequate fascilities.

Zagreb, Split, Sarajevo, Osijek, Zenica, Varazdin are about the only UEFA stadiums I can think of. Mostar's stadium needs A LOT of work, Rijeka's cannot have any further work as it's built on a cliff face and Bosnia's other stadiums aren't worth a mention.

·
Registered
10,611 Posts
i agree with Van Cro that the Ireland-Scotland bid has the inside track! BUT! i heard from an Irish friend of mine that they might not be able to physicaly hold the tournament because Ireland he said has only really 2 world class stadiums Landsdowne road and this other one i dont know the name of it but he said it holds around 100 000 and its owned by an Irish nationalist group Gaelic something and that they dont allow any one thats not Irish to play on that pitch so hence not even teams Ireland plays against cant be played there so thats why they play all thier n/t games at Landsdowne he said this could be the stumbling block in the bid because with Ireland only now having 1 real stadium and Scotland having what only 3 there is no way they could host this thing

Bosna and Hrvatska hosting it would be a dream BUT it does prove one thing that UEFA would like to see FOOTBALL(SOCCER) DOES UNITE PEOPLE! see the smart angle we are going with! just as long as they dont ask us to unite with the "other" neighbours lol;)

·
Registered
36,402 Posts
VAN CRO said:
HAHAHA I tried to sound sincere but it came off funny.
good point though ;)

·
Registered
508 Posts
Our hosting of the euro champiuonship with bih is nothing but a pipedream, stemmed from euro bigshots trying to make a point of cooperation, being taken up by the naive domestically. I dont see it possible as political hostility still remains rampart. Furthermore, presently we nor bih dont have the overall infastructure (stadiums,hotels,efficient road/travel) to hold such a competitoin. Sure there are a few venues with suffieicnet resources but a few venues is not enough.

·
Registered
11,166 Posts
In all honesty,:D

Actually its funny..>Turkey and Greece with a joint bid?? That is also asking for trouble. Especially with security.

Croatia-BiH, while nice I can't see it happening. As Ero said, where are the facilities??

Scotland-Ireland would be the best choice of the 3 but Ivo pointed out that it could be in trouble...

That means there is one place where they cn hold it...the US and Canada...:D

·
Registered
3,270 Posts
Croatian stadiums:

1.Maksimir,when is finnished it will be able to receive approx. 60 000 seated,with all UEFA regulations.

2.Poljud,is the only one that's actually ready for UEFA games but if added approx.5 000/8 000 seats between south and west(empty space under the score board)it will hold approx. 50 000 seated.
p.s. Roof HAVE to be cleaned because of the cement factory near by and there is a few layers of cement on it.

3.Gradski Vrt,with UEFA's financial boost and Croatian govt.'s financial boost would be able to hold approx. 35 000 seated with UEFA standards.

4.Kantrida,exsiting stadium would not be used,a brand new stadium would be build with approx. 35 000 seated.

There is four stadiums that Croatia would use.
There is possibility of using Varazdin stadium,but chances are slim to none.

About BiH stadiums,all I know is that Sarajevo have couple and I don't know their's condition.
It would be interesting to see how are they willing to split groups
in order to host them.
I think that Croatia have ability to host 80% of the event and there is still 6 yrs. to go.

pozdravlja vas svih,majstor...

·
Registered
36,402 Posts
Here's a roundup of possible stadiums to be used

Maksimir - Zagreb
40,000 all seater stadium, needs work, though an estimated capacity of 70,000 expected

Attachments

·
Registered
36,402 Posts
Poljud - SPLIT

50,000, needs a little work, great stadium (venue for Final ;) )

Attachments

·
Registered
36,402 Posts
Kosevo - SARAJEVO

good looking college-like stadium, no cover though.

40,000 seated

Attachments

·
Registered
36,402 Posts
Gradski Vrt - OSIJEK

Nice stadium, 20,000 capacity though it needs work.

Attachments

·
Registered
36,402 Posts
Bilino Polje - ZENICA

Nice english styile, square stadium, seats are in bad shape but there's room to improve

Attachments

·
Registered
36,402 Posts
Kantrida - RIJEKA

30,000 people, all seated, it meets UEFA's minimal gudelines, though there's no parking :eek:

Attachments

·
Registered
36,402 Posts
other stadiums that are possibilities are Varazdin's little stadium where Croatia played against San Marino, Mostar's Bijeli Brijeg, though infrastucture and upkeep on this stadium have been lacking, there's weeds everywhere, incomplete stands and a main stand with no cover or plastic seating, though in the old days 35,000 used to cram in there. It could seat a possible 40-45,000 if the stands are ressurected and a lot of work done on the existing structure.

Attachments

·
Registered
36,402 Posts
so does Capljina, Bjelave is a great stadium with a 500 capacity, I'll e-mail Blatter and tell him about it, maybe a semi-final venue? :D :)

1 - 20 of 48 Posts