Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 183 Posts

·
Registered
10,281 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, there's just over a day left, to take some heat and stress of our upcoming match. We could discuss the other teams participating in the finals. Who do you guys fancy to take the crown? I'd love to see Spain lift the crown, but they will probably choke as usual...

Opener is Swiss - Czech, i expect the Swiss to win especially win there home advantage, can't say the Czech really impress me...

·
Registered
69,639 Posts
I am hoping for the Swiss to qualify but I can see the opener being a 0:0, 1:1 sort of game. Portugal will handle Turkey easily, 2:0

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
I think Italy will take the crown, i'm tipping France to bomb out, i just don't understand some of there player selections like no Flamini or Sagna. Germany will also have a good tourney and could well reach the final.

·
Registered
4,038 Posts
Who's fvcking idea was it to have the first two games on ESPN classic? I don't have this fvcking channel. :frustrat: I'd look up a stream but that's just not worth it unless Hrvatska is playing. :undecide:

·
Registered
3,651 Posts
I say (if we don't go all the way ;) ) that it will be a Germany-Spain final with Germany taking it.

·
Registered
5,034 Posts
i think Portugal will flop and not make it to the second round.

·
Registered
10,281 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
On paper, Portugal have to be one of the favorites, though as England know football isn't played on papir ;) They where pretty horrible in qualifying, so a flop wouldn't surprise me. Turkey through would be good. If they get there game going, Portugal would be the only team that scares me in that group, as there style of play doesn't suit as at all...

Just over 3 hours to kick off, can't wait...

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
So far, so boring.....

You can tell the Czechs miss Rosicky and Nedved. Neutralize Sionko on the right and they're fresh out of ideas apart from the long ball into the box seeking Koller's head. I fancy our chances against them.

Best player on the pitch has been the Kosova kid for the Swiss.

·
Registered
9,105 Posts
man are the swiss fans lame hardly any chanting or singing..as for the game well lets just say it hasnt been the most exciting..

·
Registered
90 Posts
Wow, what about that crazy bounce that new ball has.
These guys are throwing the ball in as far as you could
kick the old leather balls.

·
Registered
69,639 Posts
both games were kind of downers, but that's what you have to expect at a Euro, the pressure for every team is so high

though the refs are worrying me, they blew 4-5 penalties already in the first two matches. How much you want to bet they'll call a handball for Croatia? :wallbang:

·
Registered
9,105 Posts
portugal was much better and deserved there 2-0 win..not a great game either but alot better then the first game..

·
Banned
36,400 Posts
both games were kind of downers, but that's what you have to expect at a Euro, the pressure for every team is so high

though the refs are worrying me, they blew 4-5 penalties already in the first two matches. How much you want to bet they'll call a handball for Croatia? :wallbang:
you mean they didn't call 4-5 penalties?

·
Registered
3,651 Posts
yeah there were three clear handballs in the two games. Ujfalusi did a Tomas during Australia and a few Portuguese players played with their hands. I thought the ref during the second game was giving Port. a lot of soft calls. How many times in 50-50 battles for the ball did a Port. player just flop down and get the call?
I hope tomorrows games are better - esp. the first one ;)

·
Registered
6,386 Posts
The Portugal-Turkey match was shite yesterday.:thmbdown:

·
Registered
69,639 Posts
I just find it funny how when the Italians are down in the game, when their players get fouled they quickly pop up and take quick free kicks

but when their up....:lala: though to be fair Croatia do the same

·
Registered
9,105 Posts
great display by the dutch today..:thumbsup: finally we got to see some nice futbol for a change..

1 - 20 of 183 Posts