Xtratime Community banner

Strikers for Euro 2008 (chose 5)

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
Hrvatska, Hajduk
3,666 Posts
If Eduardo was still in contention the battle for 5th striker might be more interesting but right now the top 5 are obvious choices. I can't see how people can choose Mario over Nikola based on recent form or even overall play. Neither will likely play anyway but the experience of being with the team would be beneficial.

·
Registered
36,402 Posts
This is the least of our headaches, had Eduardo stayed healthy Bilic may have had a dilemma here in regards to Budan-Klasnic-Kalinic all of whom were fringe due to injuries or in Kalinic's case, youth.

But we need to bring Kalainic IMO. Mandzukic had a great spell in Europe with Dinamo but has since slumped in the HNL from what I've seen.

To be expected though.

·
Registered
36,402 Posts
Budan, Petric, Olic, Klasnic and Kalinic

but I don't want to see Olic starting any of these matches, or else Croatia will bounce out quick
From Bilic's interviews etc. I have a feeling that Ola will not start against the Austrians. I think Petric and Klasnic will get the nod, Ivan is in fantastic form and looks in very good shape. Aa month in the camp will get him ready IMO.

·
Thought Criminal
14,014 Posts
I still dont rate Klasnic with the NT. I think of course he should go but only as a bench player. To me Budan is a better player, has better ball retaining skill then Ivan and is better in the air.

Klasnic plays excellent for Werder but looks a level below everyone when playing for the NT.

I know he has had problems and all, but i think Budan is the way to go. that BiH friendly he played in, he showed alot more then ive seen Klasnic show with his time with the NT

·
Registered
2,088 Posts
The strikers pick themselves now that Dudu is injured.

Petric, Budan, Klasnic, Kalinic, Olic (I ordered them that way for a reason).

Now what would be interesting is if one or two fell out due to injury (pray that doesn't happen of course).

Who would people then be selecting ?

1 - 20 of 29 Posts