Xtratime Community banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
6,487 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, here we go again with the continuing qualifiers for the Euro. Vittek is out, so that is a big loss and reduces our hopes from slim to anorexic. The weather has been bad, so Tehelne Pole will be rather wet and uncomfortable. Referees are Italians, but we don't even have enough money to buy milk, so we can't bribe them, sadly.

Here is the predicted line-up:

Senecký - Krajčík, Klimpl, J. Ďurica, Greško - Žofčák, Sapara, Hamšík, Čech - Hološko, Šesták

·
Registered
6,487 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I really like the look of that midfield, even though Svento's absence will sting. Zofcak and Cech are very capable players. I expect a lot from the latter, strong player technically. Hopefully Holosko's great pace causes problems for the Irish, and Sestak continues his rich vein of form.

·
Registered
2,477 Posts
No Mintal in the line-up, is he injured again? Defense looks a bit weak, where are Michalik and Had. Last chance for you guys in this qualification, hope you can beat Irish and bring them to earth :)

·
Registered
6,487 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ireland leads 1-0 already, 7th-minute goal from Stephen Ireland.

:moan:

·
Registered
6,487 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
And no, that's not a typo. Ireland scores for Ireland.

Crazy ****ing Irish bastards.:pp

·
Registered
6,487 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
boris14 said:
No Mintal in the line-up, is he injured again? Defense looks a bit weak, where are Michalik and Had. Last chance for you guys in this qualification, hope you can beat Irish and bring them to earth :)
Futbalportal got it wrong. This is the line-up:

Senecký - Krajčík, J. Ďurica, Klimpl, Čech - Hamšík - Šesták, Sapara, Greško- Mintál, Hološko

·
Registered
6,487 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
We deserve at least a point, so it will be disappointing again if we don't get it.

·
Registered
6,487 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
DougCoglan said:
Brilliant finish to equalise. Really good game, glad I stumbled across it.
For once, we get a break. Great shot from Marek.

It douses our hopes, but losing at home would have been a sour feeling, so at least we salvaged that.

·
Registered
6,487 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Full-Time: Slovakia 2 - 2 Ireland

Slovakia goals: Klimpl, Cech

·
Registered
26,033 Posts
when Ireland took the lead I turned off my TV and went out to get drunk.

another lost qualification. we´ll never qualify to any tournament, never.

·
Registered
2,477 Posts
Kajoo said:
when Ireland took the lead I turned off my TV and went out to get drunk.

another lost qualification. we´ll never qualify to any tournament, never.
was it after they their first goal after 7 minutes??? I assume not. Dissapointing that you couldnt beat them at home, given how Czech's form at the moment you still had a good chance if you won

·
Registered
26,033 Posts
I turned it off after 7th minute. This team isn´t able turn over the game, they never did it against strong/stronger opponents.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts