Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
21,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If my memory serves me right it should be announced this week. Represenatives from all teams in our group will meet in Cyprus on the 23rd of February discussing the fixtures. If they can't reach an agreement, UEFA will determine a random schedule of their own.

According to the media we prefer the first game at home against Estonia or Macedonia.

·
Registered
11,734 Posts
Raanan said:
If my memory serves me right it should be announced this week. Represenatives from all teams in our group will meet in Cyprus on the 23rd of February discussing the fixtures. If they can't reach an agreement, UEFA will determine a random schedule of their own.

According to the media we prefer the first game at home against Estonia or Macedonia.

I would rather play England or Croatia and get over with them and then save Estonia and 'Suprising' Macedonia till the end, cause these two teams are easy for us, and Macedonia might be on a high when they come in and we may not be concentrating and in the end we may fight for a tie and then at the way game another tie...

lets have them when they know that nothing will go there way....thats how i like my opponents...
Except somehow Faroe Islands had spirit until the 94th minute...much of Scandanavian Bastards!!!! :irritate:

·
Registered
11,734 Posts
One question about Cypurs:

Why is it in cypurs? Any reason?
Would they ever have this in Israel perhaps...im just curious...

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
Kappa what are you thinking?!?! Two reasons why we should play Macedonia and Estonia in the beginning, first of all we know we can beat them and it'll give the fans and players more confidence, also if we play the tough teams and lose then the players and fans will lose hope. Another reason is that we need to use Macedonia, and Estonia as practice for the big games. We don't have enough friendlies and during our Euro games Kashtan will still be new with the team and he'll have to familiarize himself. I'd rather let him test with Estonia then England.

·
Registered
11,734 Posts
ירוק OLE! said:
Kappa what are you thinking?!?! Two reasons why we should play Macedonia and Estonia in the beginning, first of all we know we can beat them and it'll give the fans and players more confidence, also if we play the tough teams and lose then the players and fans will lose hope. Another reason is that we need to use Macedonia, and Estonia as practice for the big games. We don't have enough friendlies and during our Euro games Kashtan will still be new with the team and he'll have to familiarize himself. I'd rather let him test with Estonia then England.

England will be out of shape come September...
not to mention having them in the WC.......

your gonna have an 'under construction' english team in september with so many issues...we can really take advantage...

you know what...
i'll be fair with you.....

1st game we should have England/Croatia and then the game after that...which is in like Wednesday, we should have Estonia....
that would be great...

but like i said..these "EASY" teams are not that easy when you really look at it..... September...everyone has a change...even Andorra....

and i want Andorra in the end...

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
well you can say that England will be under construction..but so will we, and don't forget what type of players they have. Our defense might not be at its peak and if a player like Owen is threatening the Israeli goal (regardless of the England NT's preperation) he'll score! Similar to your idea, i say our first game would be against Macedonia/Estonia (and i know they aren't that easy but we have a bigger chance beating them then England) and then have the second game that week against Croatia who we can beat if we are in the right mood

·
Registered
11,734 Posts
What construction? Our new team starts March 1st.
Englands new team begins August 15 if possible.....
they will be really lagged... i know England. There similar to France...take them off gaurd...

just think of this:
what if we had to play france in the last game of the WC 06? and play the 1st game to Faroe Islands?

typically we would have won Faroe and won them big...4-0 maybe...
but France was at the best form vs. Switzerland that i think an easy 3-0 win for them would made sense if Israel was playing...

·
Registered
12,771 Posts
Much better to get Macedonia or Estonia first, for all the reasons Yarok said and also England and Croatia will be at the World Cup they will be together for a good time and even if the game is in September, they will be a step ahead of us.

·
Registered
11,734 Posts
How can they be a step a head of us?!
if they do bad, than they will have a good fews month to reconfigure...
if they do good or better than expected (england making the quarterfinals) than we will be playing a really enthusiasitc and motivated team..

why doesnt anyone agree with me :cry:

·
Registered
12,771 Posts
Kappa21 said:
How can they be a step a head of us?!
if they do bad, than they will have a good fews month to reconfigure...
if they do good or better than expected (england making the quarterfinals) than we will be playing a really enthusiasitc and motivated team..

why doesnt anyone agree with me :cry:
i understand your point it has valid issues, but IMO there are more advantages in facing an at least in theory weaker oponent for the reasons already stated. we have a new coach that will probably get new players we need to gel up a bit so against these team we could get some experience together.

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
berko said:
i understand your point it has valid issues, but IMO there are more advantages in facing an at least in theory weaker oponent for the reasons already stated. we have a new coach that will probably get new players we need to gel up a bit so against these team we could get some experience together.
i rest my case, give it up kappale YOUR WRONG! no no, i'm just joking with you. You have some good points but what we're both trying to say is that no matter what England will be in good form so we might as well play them later then soon just to boost up confidence and get ourselves together

·
Registered
11,734 Posts
ooo kay, fine fine..

you wanna play England in March-April 2007..by all means. Dont come complaining of 2-3 goals by Gerrard, owen and that other guy...

·
Registered
12,771 Posts
Kappa21 said:
ooo kay, fine fine..

you wanna play England in March-April 2007..by all means. Dont come complaining of 2-3 goals by Gerrard, owen and that other guy...
In Tel Aviv they won´t beat us.

·
Registered
11,734 Posts
berko said:
In Tel Aviv they won´t beat us.

They will....
This is England were talking about...not France or a weak Swiss side...

·
Registered
12,771 Posts
Kappa21 said:
They will....
This is England were talking about...not France or a weak Swiss side...
Of course England has today one of the best NT´s in the world, but still to beat us at home is not easy and we hardly lose playing at home.

·
Registered
11,734 Posts
Something from Haaretz regarding the games:

Soccer / IFA reps looking to avoid Russian winter in Euro qualifiers
By Moshe Boker

Israel Football Association chair Itche Menahem, his deputy Avi Luzon and incoming Israel coach Dror Kashtan will meet today for a scheduling meeting in Zagreb, Croatia with Israel's rivals in its Euro 2008 qualifying group.

Menahem and Kashtan, who will take over in June from Avraham Grant as Israel coach, want to start the campaign for the 2008 competition at home against England in order to try and take advantage of Sven Goran Eriksson's departure after the World Cup this summer. The Israeli delegation is also looking to play its second game against England on the road and then two days later another away game against minnows Andorra.

Next on Israel's list are Macedonia and Croatia at home.

Advertisement

Israel will also be looking to avoid playing in Russia during the harsh winter months.

Russia coach Alexander Borodiuk meanwhile told Russian daily Sovietski Sport yesterday that he wanted to avoid playing in Israel in September.

"In September Israel never loses at home and in 40 Celsius heat it kills off all its opponents," he said.

In case of disagreement between the teams the schedule will be decided by a draw.

The qualifying stage for the finals, which will be hosted jointly by Austria and Switzerland, will begin in September this year.

·
Registered
11,734 Posts
I TOLD YOU!!!! DAMMIT! Havent i told you!!
Luzon and Menachem want England first...get it over with, especially since they have a new coach and playing a friendly right now is scarce, so its either a make or break for them and alot of the time, most players have bad ideas and Between September-December they feel the wrath and then cool down for the new year....

But we also gotta take 2 factors in hand that we never discussed about:
The Russian and Estonian cold winter!!!!!
This year, it was -40 in Moscow and St. Petersburg...and im assuming the same kinda temperature was for Tallin (Estonia).

I really dont want Israel NT to play in -40 and have snow covered the pitch.... not a very good thing. The last time i can recall a really cold came was against Lokomotiv Moscow vs. Hapoel TA...it was crazy....

We also need to take advantage of our hot temeprature..the russians are afraid to play in +30:) and its quite warm in Israel around that time.. so we can use that for our advantage..

·
Registered
21,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
...After reaching agreement between everyone, only two teams couldn't agree when to play in Russia: England and of course, Russia. So they ruined everything and now FIFA will have to determine a completely random draw. :sigh:

If it hadn't been for that we would've starteda away to Estonia, home to Andorra, 4 successive away games but two home matches in the final rounds.

·
Registered
12,771 Posts
Raanan said:
...After reaching agreement between everyone, only two teams couldn't agree when to play in Russia: England and of course, Russia. So they ruined everything and now FIFA will have to determine a completely random draw. :sigh:

If it hadn't been for that we would've starteda away to Estonia, home to Andorra, 4 successive away games but two home matches in the final rounds.

Too bad, but maybe this random draw sets something good for us. I hope we play Russia at home in September where they complained it was too hot for them.

·
Registered
11,734 Posts
berko said:
Too bad, but maybe this random draw sets something good for us. I hope we play Russia at home in September where they complained it was too hot for them.

It will get even hotter with a full out crowd :D
they will choke... like there frinedlies...

1 - 20 of 33 Posts