17/18 November 2007
Scozia-Italia

20/21 November 2007
Italia-Far Oer

Away to France in the second game...

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
Big second game... last 3 games will be important and Im glad they are very winnable matches.

·
Registered
9,938 Posts
The Scots are coming to Guiseppe Meazza and we'll take over, prepare to sacrafice 3 points when we arrive :D :tongue:

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
Im not sure we will play that in Milan again... but possible.

I guess the stadium line-up to be something like...

Italy - Lituania - Triestina

Italy - Ukraine - Palermo or Napoli

Italy - Scotland - Napoli/Milan

Italy - France - Olimpico

Italy - Georgia - 40,000 type stadium... we have alot so i cudnt say which 1.

Italy - Faroes - Palermo

·
Registered
3,144 Posts
Good to start with Lithuania in order to warm up for France!!
I believe we'll be favourites over france even if we were ranked 2ndly, anyway Ukrain seems to be the toughest opponents other than the frenchs ;)

Games are not easy, so we need consistency, hopefully we'll have a great WC campaign so as to carry on in good morale!!

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
a qualie campaign over 2 years means its really hard to remain consistent. Esp. for Italy because even if we succeed Italy find it hard to get back into the flow of things immediately after World Cups and Euros.

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Deano said:
a qualie campaign over 2 years means its really hard to remain consistent. Esp. for Italy because even if we succeed Italy find it hard to get back into the flow of things immediately after World Cups and Euros.
Take the points off of France and the Ukraine and we will all have a big party in 2008, or am I just dreaming but with some of the exciting young scottish players coming through i am very hopefull! :veiled: :veiled:

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
Didnt your scottish U21 team do quite crap in the last qualifying thing or was I dreaming? I know you drew 2-2 with us but that was when we were through already.

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Deano said:
Didnt your scottish U21 team do quite crap in the last qualifying thing or was I dreaming? I know you drew 2-2 with us but that was when we were through already.
yes we did, i was at that game and we ran the show at Fir Park! Lots of call offs all the time and the best young players took the step up to the Scotland bench?

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
Well whatever, we will see... good luck in qualifying after all I prefer you to go through than France. However I really think Scotland will find it tough in this group.

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Deano said:
Well whatever, we will see... good luck in qualifying after all I prefer you to go through than France. However I really think Scotland will find it tough in this group.
Yeah! god it will be tough but on the plus side for ourselfs we always play well against the good sides, I am worrying more about Georgia, Lithuania and (GOD NOT THEM AGAIN), THE FAROES! :frustrat:

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
Luckily Im only really worried about the Ukraine. Scotland will be a test and France obviously big games but Ukraine are really good too.

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Deano said:
Luckily Im only really worried about the Ukraine. Scotland will be a test and France obviously big games but Ukraine are really good too.
Whats wrong with Roma's european form, thought you would roll over Middelsborough tonight!

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
Well with half a team its hard and on such a pitch it didnt suit us. Anyway we deserved a draw at least. Second half and parts of the first we were all over them, but lacked the killer instinct which is sometimes natural in such a crappy game like tonight.

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Deano said:
Well with half a team its hard and on such a pitch it didnt suit us. Anyway we deserved a draw at least. Second half and parts of the first we were all over them, but lacked the killer instinct which is sometimes natural in such a crappy game like tonight.
Points taken, dour dreich game Middelsborough could not even fill their ground on a European night, shocking.

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Euro 2008: Lithuania first for Italy Thursday 9 March, 2006

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Italy will open their Euro 2008 qualifying campaign with a home match against Lithuania in September 2006, just days before they travel to France.

The calendar for Group B was drawn up by UEFA today after no agreement could be reached between all of the Federations involved in the section.

The Azzurri will kick-off with a comfortable match against Lithuania on September 2 or 3 and then head to Paris three days later for their toughest test.

Marcello Lippi’s boys will end their campaign with a home match against the Faroe Islands – a side expected to be beaten by everyone.

The Ukraine, Scotland and Georgia are the other sides in the group. The top two will qualify for the Finals which will be staged in Austria and Switzerland.

Sep 2/3, 2006
Italy – Lithuania

Sep 5/6, 2006
France – Italy

Oct 7/8, 2006
Italy – Ukraine

Oct 10/11, 2006
Georgia – Italy

Mar 27/28, 2007
Italy – Scotland

Jun 2/3, 2007
Faroe Islands – Italy