Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 138 Posts

·
Registered
13,074 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

v

The German machine looks to stop the Portuguese dance on Thursday. Our record against Germany isn't too shabby, but we did suffer a harsh defeat at their house for 3rd place in 2006. Before that, we did a good job handling them with our 2nd team at Euro 2000.

Hopefully we'll have some sort of advantage with the rest our starters received.

I'm looking for Scolari to go with his original XI, but you never know.

----------------Ricardo-----------------
Bosingwa----Pepe----Carvalho----Ferreira
----------------Petit--------------------
----------------------Moutinho----------
Ronaldo---------Deco--------------Simao
----------------Gomes-----------------

Your thoughts and line-ups

·
Premier Player
2,656 Posts
I'm looking for Scolari to go with his original XI, but you never know.
There's nothing to know. Barring a bathroom accident, the starting XI vs. the Czechs will start vs. Germany.

They'll need to bring their A game to beat Germany.

·
Registered
36,665 Posts
Germany has been unconvincing so far but so has been our defense against the Czechs.

It will be an extremely tight game that can be decided by one mistake. Hopefully the Germans will be the first to make it.

I think we are better than them right now but that is not always what counts in tournaments like these.

·
Registered
10,439 Posts
There's nothing to know. Barring a bathroom accident, the starting XI vs. the Czechs will start vs. Germany.

They'll need to bring their A game to beat Germany.
Guaranteed Germany will find their stride. I hope you guys stay strong mentally and just continue to play your game. This will not be an easy result, I'm a little worried for you guys.

·
Registered
62,100 Posts
Germany is the team that I have the least confidence against in the entire world. There, I said it. I don't know why... I just don't think we match up well against them at all. They scare me.

I'll be hoping and praying we win this game.

·
Registered
44,603 Posts
I will use a German flag avatar if they beat us.

·
Registered
62,100 Posts
Stop making promises you don't keep. You're a Camacho-like coward.

·
Registered
3,362 Posts
Germany is the team that I have the least confidence against in the entire world.
For me a next to impossible task would be against Italy.

Our weaknesses have been exposed and it's clear that if the germans move the ball through the air we'll be in trouble. I'm confident this will be an open game so we can demonstrate the technical superiority we have over them.

·
Registered
62,100 Posts
I hope Scolari doesn't think of some master plan like he did to negate Finland's height advantage and play Meira in the midfield over Moutinho or something crazy. :scared:

·
Registered
13,074 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Don't you dare think of such things, for all we know he's reading this right now :sigh:

·
Registered
44,603 Posts
Stop making promises you don't keep. You're a Camacho-like coward.
:confused:

Scolari will play with the same line up as in the first two games.

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
wow in 3 days...this will be the match up?
Thats the great thing about Groub B taking on this Group A. Some of the best countries of football(Croatia/Germany) get out and thats how it should be unless you can really get something out of an underdog like Turkey which they have proven to be something too.
Well done up to now for Group A. I cant believe Portugal did not get first place in the qualifiers with their great performance from their starting lineup. Phenomenal team. And the Germans lately don't seem the threat like they used to be...I'm sure will make thinks interesting once again.
So glad dont have to wait for too long for this. Forca Portugal!
Take back what once was perhaps yours in 2004/2006. :thumbsup:

Good luck. I might root for you myself. But Croatia and Holland have a place in my heart perhaps too lol

·
Registered
44,603 Posts

·
Registered
36,665 Posts

·
Registered
44,603 Posts
Don't worry, you're not going to wear their flag...I have a feeling we'll win this one. :stuckup:

The problem is that he does make changes...when he shouldn't.
Plays who? Meira for Moutinho,...he will not do it.

Ricardo for Quim and Caneira for Ferreira but they are not there.

Germany might play with Lahm in the right because of Ferreira and set pieces will be a must for them.....he will be in trouble in the headers but that is against anyone anyway.

·
Registered
10,439 Posts

Germany might play with Lahm in the right because of Ferreira and set pieces will be a must for them.....he will be in trouble in the headers but that is against anyone anyway.
That's a good point. Lahm could give Ferreira some fits, but Ronaldo will operate opposite against who then?

·
Registered
36,665 Posts

I do hope he will not make any changes.

Anyway, it's true that we will suffer everytime we'll have a set piece against us or every time a high cross comes into our box but Germany will also suffer everytime we'll play faster than cruise speed. Their defence leaks everywhere and that joke of a CB Merdasacker looks perfect to be nutmegged by Deco & Co. :nasty:

·
Registered
44,603 Posts
That's a good point. Lahm could give Ferreira some fits, but Ronaldo will operate opposite against who then?
Jansen.....so not perfect for Germany for sure.

·
Registered
44,603 Posts
I do hope he will not make any changes.

Anyway, it's true that we will suffer everytime we'll have a set piece against us or every time a high cross comes into our box but Germany will also suffer everytime we'll play faster than cruise speed. Their defence leaks everywhere and that joke of a CB Merdasacker looks perfect to be nutmegged by Deco & Co. :nasty:
And Nuno Golos.:pp

1 - 20 of 138 Posts