Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 85 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
C.Republic wins the first game...

they are really a good and solid team (in my opinion less than romania...)

·
Registered
70,198 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
They are less spectacular than in previous years.

Switzerland deserved a better result.

·
Registered
17,041 Posts
We can talk here about the tournament and games.
I think it is important to have a thread that is just to analyze our rivals. We can open a new one for the rest of the tournament

The Czech were horrible in the first game. I expect us to see many games like this as few teams seem eager to risk.

·
Registered
25,538 Posts
The Czechs looked really bad. It's possible that without Rosicky they're not the same team.

·
Registered
70,198 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Without Rosicky, without Nedved, without Poborski, without the 2004 Baros...

They have a worse generation now. I think they are good players, but not near to the brilliance of those.

·
Registered
17,041 Posts
I don´t think it´s Rosicky only. They lost Nedved and Poborsky, Koller is 35 and Baros is past his best form. Their golden moment passed.

·
Registered
9,263 Posts
yeah, it will take some years for them to have such a good team again. i see them missing even a WC or EC in the coming years. they are in the same situation we were some years ago. the only difference is that they are luckier/smarter not to miss the major tournaments although they have less quality now.

i'm sorry for Switzerland (and Frei), they deserved atleast a draw but football can be unfair.
great touch from Moutinho yesterday in their 2nd goal. if they don't waste too many chances i expect them to win this tournament. if they had somebody like Toni (and a better goalkeeper) they would be unstoppable.

·
Registered
23,432 Posts

·
Registered
7,513 Posts
The portuguese are underachievers. They have great players just like Spain but they will fall to more effective teams IMO.
Well they have been semifinalists and finalists in the last 2 competitions...

I think they should be amongst the favourites, they looked good yesterday.

I want Germany to win if we don't.

·
Registered
7,513 Posts
Austria looked serious in the 2nd half against Croatia, the Croatians were packed into their half for the last 20 minutes...

Seeing as Austria are ranked 90 in the world I guess its the big tournament atmosphere...

Hopefully nothing to look forward to for the World Cup Qualifiers!

·
Registered
70,198 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Golanski made a mistake in the 2nd German goal.

No surprises until now in the tournament. It would be nice if we can make the first one tomorrow.

·
Registered
25,538 Posts
So far it's been an attacking EC. I have to applaud Austria and Poland trying really hard to cause an upset. Austria in particular did much better than I expected. I liked their number 20 and the Turkish-Austrian who came in the second half (why didn't he play from the beginning?)

By the way, the Euro 2008 ball is really, really fast! It should be a weapon we should use. I'm thinking particularly about Tamas and Chivu whose shots are very powerful.

·
Registered
7,513 Posts
Austria's 38 year old player of the year, Croatian name, number 7 was very good, he looked very technical. I don't know if he can hack 90 minutes though.

1 - 20 of 85 Posts