• Because they want us to learn and keep improving

Votes: 5 20.8%
  • Because our yellow shirts look too shinny from heaven

Votes: 10 41.7%
821 - 840 of 844 Posts

·
Registered
25,798 Posts
It's very plausible. After all, it's goals that make the game spin for most fans. It's also one of the reasons why they don't whistle the passive off-side.

·
Registered
23,432 Posts
but it honestly is very bad imo... maybe its the goalkeeper speaking in me but I personally think it sucks that they try to invent even more ways to make the job of a goalkeeper difficult... especially since those types of balls are "slippery" which means they try to make goalies more prone to MISTAKES which they will be blamed for

·
Registered
71,016 Posts
Bad news for me...only the Spanish NT games and some other game (like semifinals or final) will be broadcasted for free in Spain. For the rest of games I´ll have to pay or try to watch them on the net.

This mean that 90% of Spain won´t see Mutu finally playing and he will continue like an unknown :tongue:

Of course there are many football fans angry with the fact that the rest of games won´t be shown for free :wallbang:

·
Registered
25,798 Posts
That's nonsense. At least here in Canada we'll be able to watch all the games, tho you have to pay for basic cable to get a channel called TSN or RDS (French one).

·
Registered
71,016 Posts
I pay for cable channels in my home. But none of them shows Euro 08 (unless Eurosport does, but I doubt it). The society that adquired the emission rights in Spain will use a generalistic channel for the Spain games (they are forced by law to show them for free) and the final game. The rest of games will be broadcasted on pay per view stations.

·
Registered
18,560 Posts
GICA said:
Bad news for me...only the Spanish NT games and some other game (like semifinals or final) will be broadcasted for free in Spain. For the rest of games I´ll have to pay or try to watch them on the net.

This mean that 90% of Spain won´t see Mutu finally playing and he will continue like an unknown :tongue:
Well actually that´s very true.

Certainly there will be chances to watch the games online. It is growing and such a big event will certainly get people to broadcast it.

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
PMC said:
but it honestly is very bad imo... maybe its the goalkeeper speaking in me but I personally think it sucks that they try to invent even more ways to make the job of a goalkeeper difficult... especially since those types of balls are "slippery" which means they try to make goalies more prone to MISTAKES which they will be blamed for
If the ball is slippery then the keepers need to work on their positioning more and get their body behind the ball more. They have enough time to adjust to it.

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
GICA said:

Of course there are many football fans angry with the fact that the rest of games won´t be shown for free :wallbang:
Every game will be broadcast here in the US for free.

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
Lupi said:
I read that all the tickets for Romania are gone...
My Dad spoke to Gabi on Monday and Gabi said plenty are available. Although that was if we wanted to go. He has his annual Christmas party on Saturday night so I'll ask him then. I promise.

Sorry it's taken so long guys but between my work and him being out of the country and working it's been tough for me to see him and ask him. :moan:

·
Registered
23,432 Posts
Toonsie 14 said:
My Dad spoke to Gabi on Monday and Gabi said plenty are available. Although that was if we wanted to go. He has his annual Christmas party on Saturday night so I'll ask him then. I promise.

Sorry it's taken so long guys but between my work and him being out of the country and working it's been tough for me to see him and ask him. :moan:

its alright bro... we appreciate your effort :)

·
Registered
23,432 Posts
GICA said:
The Spanish situation is pathetic.

This sucks.

it really does... I think its quite normal that every WC and EC game is being broadcasted live... its a goddamn world event afterall

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
GICA said:

This sucks.
Not to rub it in but I'm pretty sure every game will be broadcast in Spanish as well.

Although no game was broadcasted from Euro 2004 unless you had Fox Soccer Channel (which I do) and at that it was only 3 games a week all on tape delay. It was bad.

·
Registered
476 Posts
GICA said:

This sucks.
Yeah, that's a joke. Quite shocking really. I would have just assumed that every European country would have all the Euro games live on basic cable. It's made even worse when Canada and the States will even show every game live.

821 - 840 of 844 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.