Xtratime Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There is the draw for the Qualifers of Euro 2004 on Friday. One team from each pot will be drawn into each group. That means that there is no chance to meet teams from our own pot. :)

Here are the pots:

Pot 1: France, Sweden, Spain, Czech Rep., Germany, Ireland, Romania, Italy, Belgium, Turkey

Pot 2: Russia, Croatia, Denmark, Holland, Yugoslavia, Poland, England, Slovenia, Ukraine, Scotland

Pot 3: Austria, Norway, Slovakia, Israel, Switzerland, Bulgaria, Iceland, Finland, Greece, Hungary

Pot 4: Cyprus, Bosnia-Herzegovina, Belarus, Wales, Estonia, Latvia, N. Ireland, Georgia, FYROM , Lithuania

Pot 5: Armenia, Moldova , Albania, Faroe Islands, Azerbaijan, Liechtenstein, San Marino, Malta, Luxembourg, Andorra

Pot 1 is full of strong teams. Obviusly avoiding the likes of France, Germany and Italy would be good. Romania and the Czech Republic seem to go downhill but their quality is undisputable. A good Greece ( :rolleyes: ) should be able to cope relatively good with the likes of Ireland, Sweden and Belgium. I'd rather not meet Turkey for reasons that dont have to do with football.

From pot 2 we should definitely avoid Holland and England. Denmark is a team which normally would kick our ass, ditto for Yugoslavia and Russia. Despite their impressive WC Qs campaigns I dont consider neither Poland or Slovenia teams that we cant beat. Would be nice to draw one of them. We are better than Scotland in my opinion. Ukraine has quality players but they are unpredictable. My preference is 1.Scotland 2. Slovenia 3. Poland.

Pot 4 is tricky. Meeting Cyprus would be nice cause it will be like "friendly" games. Apart from that all teams look relatively equal. If I had to choose the stronger ones I'd say Wales, Bosnia and Georgia could cause problems.

We should beat every team from pot 5 no matter what. Having said that it would be cool to not meet Albania since these bastards usually play out of their skin and die in the pitch to beat us and simply loose from everyone else. Avoiding a tiring and long trip to weird places like Azerbaijan and Armenia would also be good. The likes of Faroe, Liechtenstein, San Marino and Malta would probably be the best.

My guess of our group:

Sweden
Holland
Greece
Bosnia
Albania

Thoughts? Opinions? Guesses? :)

·
Registered
2,133 Posts
Imagination in what your team can accomplish, but obviously not in engaging conversation.

Just where do you get your ideas from?:tongue:

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Whats your f*cking problem? If you dont like what you read here, keep your annoying and arrogant (without real reason) attitude out of the Greek forum. We dont need you nor want you here. You are a persona non grata, got it?

Now get lost. Jerk.

·
Registered
2,133 Posts
Just answer the question Damn It! I say answer the question!!!!! You hear me??!!!!

So.....where is it that you get your ideas from?

·
Star Player
4,703 Posts
nice topic :)

from pot 1 ideally id like to miss france, Czech and Italy, any of the others I dont really mind

pot2 obviously Holland stands out, England we played very well there for a draw last year, but could we do it again? Croatia is full of class and I rate them but for some silly reason they never wipe us like they probably should :) Yugo and russia can kill us, but Id just like to avoid Holland

pot4, It would be good to get a belarus estonia or Lithuania, and cyprus would be gr8 for a friendly rivalry

pot5 dont care they are all as weak as each other.

I just hope that the commitment thats been shown the past few matches will continue and grow into some real pride, otherwise this campaign is a write off again. I'll try and not be pessimistic and say, I'll keep an open mind for our chances

1 - 8 of 8 Posts