Discussion Starter #1
ok we know some names are cemented in but what is open

id imagine
3 keepers
8 defs
8 middies
4 strikers

thats 23 players

buffon and toldo are in...so who is 3rd keeper...it was abiatti but i think he is out of picture? cudicini?

nesta
canna
ferarri
oddo
zambrotta
leaves 3 spots open

totti
fiore
gatusso
leaving 5 open

vieri
leaving 3 open

for defence we have options but none too good
for middle i consider those 3 shoe in's and alot is wide open
as for attack vieri is only certanty...cassano should also make it for sure barring any incidents

so who do we put in the last gk spot, last 3 def spots, the 5 middie spots and 3 striker spots.

·
Registered
17,028 Posts
3rd keeper: i hope cudicini but i'm guessing that peli has a chance now. if it were up to me, i'd only bring two.

3 defenders:
pancaro- his versitility is important as it gives cover for both oddo and zambrotta.
Legrottaglie- i think traps will choose him simply because we need back up in the form of a big man. Adani is another option but i think Legro's name might get him in there.
Panucci- traps likes him.

5 midfielders:
pirlo- has to be there. would be a crime if he didnt make it.
Perrotta- traps' bum boy
Zanetti- traps' second bum boy
Camoranesi- i think he'll be there, even if its back up to fiore on the right.
Maresca- i hope traps' choosing him. its doubtful, but maresca is a player who could be a surprise to all in europe.

others: i would love for liverani and ambrosini to mak ethe team in exchange for perrotta and zanetti but i dont see it happening. maybe ambrosini will be there instead of maresca. di natale is another to mention.

forwards:
Cassano- he has to be there.
Del Piero- if fit, he'll be there. not on great form but as back up i think he'll be good.
Inzaghi- how can you leave him out.

corradi, di vaio...its possible one more can make it, butnot sure who is good enough these days. maybe gilardino.

·
Registered
15,555 Posts
GK:

Cudicini to get the 3rd spot

Defence:

Maldini (The dream is still there :cool: )
Pancaro (Great season, and the versaitility factor as CUG said)
Legro

But in the end we'll probably see Panucci :rollani:

Midfield:

Pirlo
Maresca
Camo
Ambrosini
??

Forwards:

Cassano
Del Piero
Pippo

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
Lav I think it is totally wrong though....

here are the definites, without injury:

GK: Buffon, Toldo

Df: Panucci, Cannavaro, Nesta, Ferrari, Zambrotta

MF: Fiore, Zanetti, Perrotta, Totti

ATT: Vieri, Inzaghi, Del Piero (if fit)

others I think Trap will choose:

Pelizzoli, Oddo, Pancaro, Legrottaglie, Gattuso, Pirlo, Camoranesi, Cassano... and Corradi or Ambrosini

depending on what he thinks we need 1 more of.

·
Registered
13,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Deano said:
Lav I think it is totally wrong though....

here are the definites, without injury:

GK: Buffon, Toldo

Df: Panucci, Cannavaro, Nesta, Ferrari, Zambrotta

MF: Fiore, Zanetti, Perrotta, Totti

ATT: Vieri, Inzaghi, Del Piero (if fit)

others I think Trap will choose:

Pelizzoli, Oddo, Pancaro, Legrottaglie, Gattuso, Pirlo, Camoranesi, Cassano... and Corradi or Ambrosini

depending on what he thinks we need 1 more of.
the bold players should not be within 100 miles of portugal's
borders come june.

Cug,

i agree pirlo should be a must but trap is wacko and i see him using 2 def mids and them not being creative or capable of a pass.

perrotta and cz should really be banned from NT...

and if legro goes....wow.....

my fillers would be

Pancaro (GREAT SEASON)
Adani (prefer him to legro)
and the 3rd spot is wide wide open....and i think it should be a all round versatile def, as we have ferrari and adani for middle and pancaro for zambro and oddo...so a guy who can run the flanks or middle would be prefred.

Pirlo (clear choice)
Ambrosini (much better then CZ or Perotta but lack of playing time may hamper his selection)
Marseca (another great player who when given a chance has been great for juve, but i think lack of time and trap's love affair with CZ and SP will mean exclusion)
and we have 2 spots wide open...since we use attacking fullbacks i dont see the need for real wingers...but they could be useful if we get into a tactical tough spot....however camo has been poor this season and we dont ahve any real wingers...so 2 spots wide open

Cassano Obivious choice but with trap u never know again...
A.Del Not in form but still a azurri mainstay due to his ability to change a game...though not yet in a meanigful nats game (qualis dont count)
Corradi We need a bobo sub...and he is the best one out there....i dropped pippo cause his form for milan has been terrible and i think unless he starts banging them in he will miss the boat.

the formation i would employ would be similar to milans

--------------------------Buffon-------------------------
----Oddo--------Nesta------Canna------Zambro---
---------------------------Pirlo---------------------------
---------------Marseca---------Gatusso---------------
---------------------------Totti---------------------------
----------------Cassano----Vieri------------------------

with ambro for the gatusso or pirlo spot and pancaro taking over for zambro or oddo...
those would be my starters...

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
Those definites are not my definites, but Traps:

which this should be about really

I think they are the definites in trap's mind.

·
Registered
256 Posts
I think in defence, Sandro and Cannavaro are sure to take the central defence position while Oddo and Zambrotta will operate as wing backs. But I fancy players like Legrotaglie getting called up to serve as back ups.

In midfield, Fiore, Totti and Del Piero are extremely crucial players, I don't think any of them would be left out of the first team. That just leaves 1 spot in midfield.

There are many great midfielders such as Perrotta, Pirlo, Gattuso, Maresca .. etc and just 1 spot, but for me personally, I think Pirlo deserves the call up the most amongst them.

Perrotta is good but Pirlo is 1 step above of him in terms of their ability in passing the ball. Gattuso, he is a fighter of the ball but he can't do much with the ball except get the dirty tackles in. Maresca, a fantastic player, very talented but he is too young, I reckon he won't be part of the first team but he has the potential to outshine all his other midfield counterparts.

Pirlo is a combination of a Gattuso and Totti, he tackles hard and he makes some intelligent passes which could be crucial, definitely the man to play in the central of midfield with Totti.

In attack, Vieri is a definite starter, 3 slots left! Once again many candidates like Corradi, Di Vaio, Cassano, Inzaghi, Di Natale, Bazzani ... etc, but I fancy Corradi, Cassano and Bazzani to take those 3 spots.

Corradi is an alternative to Vieri and he is very useful especially in aerial attacks which could give Italy an edge. Cassano, though arrogant and shows that glimpse of attitude, he is the most talented striker we have. Bazzani, he has proven to everyone that he can score goals from anywhere, via heading or shooting, he has done it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts