Xtratime Community banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
21,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am surprised there's no topic on that here...

Anyways, France are in group one together with Israel, Slovenia and Malta. Israel will win the group by a country mile ( :tongue: ). But on a serious note, what are your opinions? do you even care? :D seems like France will have an easy trip to Portugal 2004....

·
Legend
17,146 Posts
Thanks Raanan for posting that. I was very busy today at work so i wasn't around to do it.:)
It's a very very easy group for us, with all respect due to the other teams. Slovenia should be at least, on the paper, the toughest opponent. Also, one should be careful against Israel, as they're pretty solid, specially at home, where they recently held Spain to a 1-1 draw. However, i'm sure, the players will want to make sure that what happened in 93, at the Parc des Prines against Israel will not be repeated.;)

So i'd say:
1) France
2) Slovenia
3) Israel
4) Malta
5) Cyprus

·
Fuoriclasse
13,912 Posts
San_Siro_1 said:
what happened in 93, at the Parc des Prines against Israel will not be repeated.;)
Hold up Payman !! :eek: Wasn't it Bulgaria instead ??? :D ;)

>> Slovenia
Easily capable of creating upsets when in a good day ! Some technically gifted individualities like Zahovic, Osterc and Acimovic whom Slovenia are very dependant of !
I see France beating them at Stade de France and managing at least a draw in Ljubljana. Should finish runner-up with ease in that group.

>> Malta
What else than 2 comfortable wins for the French ???
Likely to finish last in that group.

>> Israel
As Payman said beware of the Israeli when they play at home ! Solid and compact team but I don't know much about their individualities except for Revivo off course !
Despite that I see France winning both encounters. Israel will surely compete with Slovenia for the second placeand a potential spot.

>> Cyprus
In the same category as Malta even tough they seem a bit stronger !
Will end up 4th imo.

:)

·
Legend
17,146 Posts
Steph,
It was unfortunately Bulgaria and Israel...
Israel in October, lost 3-2 at the Parc and then in November, lost against Bulgaria, where we needed just one single damn point to be in the World Cup...:sad::fero:

But this time around, it will be a walk in the parc...;):proud::stuckup:

L

·
0 Posts
for once we will be with sunny countries :cool:

that will change than island, danemark, russia etc..

how are the beaches in israel, malta, and cyprius?
maybe i will go there for follow the french squad:)

·
Registered
21,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
lili said:
for once we will be with sunny countries :cool:

that will change than island, danemark, russia etc..

how are the beaches in israel, malta, and cyprius?
maybe i will go there for follow the french squad:)
Great idea lili, the beaches in Tel Aviv are waiting for you:D

Just name a place and date and i'll pick you up :flirt:

;)

·
Registered
21,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well, your husband doesn't have to come does he? :scared: :nervous:

:D

L

·
0 Posts
sure, my husband follow me wherever i go :)

seriously, what do you think?
will israel broke our hope as they do already?

·
Registered
21,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I think that i'd be happy to get one point off France. unlike 93`, today's France is really out of our reach. of course anything could happen and etc, but even if France would give only of 50% of their ability it should be enough to beat us. :( at least we'd have the honour of hosting world class stars, would be absolutely terrific seeing them live. :)

L

·
0 Posts
oh yes, that will be super!
i can't wait for see that and i really want to go in your country, hope one day this part of the world will be in peace.

·
Registered
2,893 Posts
salut

Malta & Cyprus = 12 points. Slovenia can be hard away..also Israel.. But ofcourse we will go through to Portugal 2004!!!;)

·
Registered
3,273 Posts
San_Siro_1 said:
Steph,
It was unfortunately Bulgaria and Israel...
Israel in October, lost 3-2 at the Parc and then in November, lost against Bulgaria, where we needed just one single damn point to be in the World Cup...:sad::fero:

But this time around, it will be a walk in the parc...;):proud::stuckup:
Do u remember who scored the wining goal for Israel in 93?

·
Legend
17,146 Posts
Who scored the 2nd goal? Was that Rozenthal or something? I'm not a big follower of Israeli football, so i couldn't tell you..;)
However, i'm wondering whether or not it will be safe for our players to go there. I have strong doubts about that. Maybe the FFF should request FIFA to have the game in Israel played elsewhere, where it will be safer...

·
Registered
21,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Fat chance. Austria's attempts of removing the game with us last year failed so i don't expect a similar move by France to succee either. There are alot of dangerous places to play in on earth, Spain, Northern Ireland, Macedonia and yet football games being held there all the time. Besides we can't possibly know what will happen until the game with France. As for the second goal i think it was Berkovic who scored, the 3rd goal was scored by Ruven Atar's namesake. ;)

·
Legend
17,146 Posts
Yes, there are dangerous places, but Israel is beyond dangerous. It's insane to play there a game of this importance. I do hope that we will be playing in a safe place, and as it stands, Israel is as safe as mining land or playing on nuclear plant about to explode.

I do hope that FIFA will be sensitive about the safety of our players and our staff. I wonder how Zidane, who's of Arabic origin and a Muslim will be received there? Will it be possible for the French-Arabs fans, mainly Algerians to go there and support France as lots of them follow most of our games? It's difficult to think so and for everyone's safety, the best thing would be to play the game in a neutral place, such as say, Germany or anywhere else, but Israel. I have nothing against Israel, but one has to be realisitic and admit that it is totally unsafe to play a football game there.:)

·
Registered
21,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
Zidane would probably be recieved in the warmest welcome by his many fans in Israel. There are many Arab residents in Israel, some of them playing professional soccer and some of them are even National team players. Not to mention Arab soccer teams. As for the safety part, here is a list of teams came to Israel in the last months:
Chelsea, Dinamo Zagreb, Austria, Spain, Gaziantepspor, Roda JC, Yugoslavia, Romania and Belgium's youth teams and additionaly there are league games being held every week, not to mention Maccabi Tel Aviv's games in the European Basketball league. Now tell me, why all these teams have arrived to Israel and came out safe? coincidence? I understand your concern, i am not blind to what happens around me but you are exaggerating, Israel is as safe as Madrid at least. BTW, a few Chelsea fans even mentioned they felt safer in Tel Aviv then in London...

·
Registered
3,273 Posts
San_Siro_1 said:
Yes, there are dangerous places, but Israel is beyond dangerous. It's insane to play there a game of this importance. I do hope that we will be playing in a safe place, and as it stands, Israel is as safe as mining land or playing on nuclear plant about to explode.

How do u know this? from the news on TV?
Because they show only the war(thats the intresting part
:( )
There is a normal life in Israel!!!!!

You shouldn't be worried u won't be less safe then in Paris.

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
its dangerous everywhere folks...

Sorry for his comments San_Siro is not the brightest person when his buddy is Pila?:confused:

I agree Ruven_Atar it's dangerous anywhere in the world we all seen what happend to NewYork 911?and i beleive there is safe palces in Israel.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts