Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
6,790 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Our group is very well balance but I heard somewhere that the top 2 teams make it automatically. Am I mistaken?

·
Registered
6,790 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No I think my grandpa told me that, and I kept asking him if he's sure. He said he is...

but it just doesn't sound right.

·
Registered
32 Posts
i am really afraid that we will not reach the play-offs matches.. ( i mean : (1).denmark/norway , (2.)norway/denmark , (3.)romania.... 4-5 doesn't matter)

·
Registered
494 Posts
hopefully yes, so we can start organizing things for portugal !!! noroc !

btw, I will be at the october game in Luxemburg, that's for sure !

·
Registered
6,804 Posts
I wouldn't be so sure about our direct qualification. I don't think our records are very good against Denmark and Norway…Can anyone get this info? How many times we played them how many times we lost/wwon, etc...

·
Registered
25,644 Posts
EclipsE said:

This is really sad, Korea and Japan are both better than us nowdays :(

they are not better, they are only higher in the FIFA Coca Cola classification. :)

hai Romania!

·
International
9,682 Posts
Marius said:
I wouldn't be so sure about our direct qualification. I don't think our records are very good against Denmark and Norway…Can anyone get this info? How many times we played them how many times we lost/wwon, etc...
We're on level with Norway and we have a superior record against Denmark [if I'm not wrong, we've won even 6-1 against them a long time ago, and 3-1 the last time in a decisive match for the Coppa del Mondo 1990].

We shouldn't worry about the FIFA rankings. It was about time to drop, since we didn't made it to the WC. Let's focus on what's next.

HAI ROMANIA!

·
Registered
25,644 Posts
the following statistics are from http://www.rsssf.com/tables/roem-intres.html

We played 13 games against Denmark. We won 7, drew 1 and lost 5. We scored 27 goals, they scored 19.

Against Norway, we played 9 games. We won 4, drew 4 and won 1. We outscore them 10 to 5.

We never played against Bosnia or against Luxemburg

The last time we played against Denmark, it was in '89 and we won 3-1.

However, these stats and the FIFA COCA COLA classification don't tell anything.

Hai Romania! :)

·
Registered
6,790 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
hey awsome stats against Denmark and Norway, let's hope our success against them continues. I really fear dropping points against Bosnia though. In my mind they are like Slovenia, they can burn us. We have to play a full qualifications this time around or else we're doomed again.

·
Registered
6,790 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
OT : Euro 2008 Candidates

Which one would you vote for?

· Austria/Switzerland
· Bosnia-Herzegovina/Croatia
· Greece/Turkey
· Hungary
· Denmark/Finland/Norway/Sweden (Nordic 2008)
· Russia
· Scotland/Republic of Ireland

I'd have to go for Hungary :)

·
Registered
6,804 Posts
Re: OT : Euro 2008 Candidates

EclipsE said:
Which one would you vote for?

· Austria/Switzerland
· Bosnia-Herzegovina/Croatia
· Greece/Turkey
· Hungary
· Denmark/Finland/Norway/Sweden (Nordic 2008)
· Russia
· Scotland/Republic of Ireland

I'd have to go for Hungary :)
I assume you're voting for Hungary because they are close to Romania...:confused:

·
Registered
6,790 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Yah man, imagine if the EC's are in Hungary all the Romanian fans that can travel to our games, we'd pretty much be a home team when we play :)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts