1 Turkey
2 England
3 Slovakia
4 Macedonia
5 Liechtenstein

·
Registered
7,458 Posts
I think we've probably got one of the more difficult groups as England have a lot of good players coming through. But saying that, there is a jinx that has to be broken against England. I think we're finally capable of scoring against them. I'll be there!!!

·
Registered
7,067 Posts
yeah...we can finally take revenge;)

the group itslef...is not so hard, but it is one of the harder ones...it could have been much easier...but I am sure we can do it!

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i'm too excited about the upcoming world cup, so this group doesnt bother me much jet...

still a 2nd place looks for sure..and maybe no .1 :D

·
Registered
2,998 Posts
hmmm...
why do we always get the same countries (accept England) ??
Germany is the luckiest side of all countries !

anyways... I think we can make it to Portugal... If we dont lose against England again with 8:0 :depress:

But thats history !
when will we start and against whom ?

·
Premier Player
1,790 Posts
I guess that's the worst group we could get:(

We got the best team from the second pot:eek:

But again, we have to put an end to one part of Turkish soccer history:rolleyes:

Only way to do it is to beat England and qualify;)

I care about winning against England as much as qualifying to EURO2004 finals:)

That's only way to get over that sad memories:cool:

·
Registered
13,816 Posts
i really don't like england. they're so overrated. owen, beckham and scholes are the stars. not to forget gerrard. but as a team i think turkey is better. they had so much trouble with greece and i honoustly think they couldn't pull of another 5-1 against a team like germany.

the most hateful thing is their press. aarghh.. they will bring up the istanbul accident every frigging time. qualifying shouldn't be a concern. i'm more concerned with getting far.
i hope you have this feeling as well. i mean we really evolved as a nation! we were in the first pot for godssake! :eek: :D

turkey ec2004 champions !

·
Registered
9,134 Posts
Not a bad group, we could have had worse:)

We will definitely get in to Euro 2004:cool:
But can we beat Ingerland?:D

·
Registered
9,811 Posts
WCQ, 1984. Istanbul, 8-0

WCQ, 1885, Wembley, 5-0

EQ, 1987, Izmir, 0-0

EQ, 1987, Wembley, 8-0

EQ, 1991, Izmir, 1-0

EQ, 1991, Wembley, 1-0

WCQ, 1992, Wembley, 4-0

WCQ, 1993, Izmir, 2-0

Shut up. Its and outrage that Turkey is in pot 1 and England in pot 2. England will be on of the top teams by 2004.
You turks are going to get another 8-0 hammering believe me.

Prediction
England 8 -( Owen 8min 12min 80min, Becham 78min, Cole 34min 60min, Fowler 89min, Gerrard 70min)

Turkey 0

Your going to get the beating of your lives, i'd love to see Turkey beat Germany even 1-0. And no England are not over-hyped team (they were put in pot 2 for example). They are a young team and unexperienced but by 2006 they would have won a major tournament.

·
Registered
7,067 Posts
Please refrain from offending the users of the forum. Its just a game, not war. Thanks.

·
Registered
9,811 Posts
Ahhh well im repairing Anglo-Turk relations :)

Just my views, they don't stand a cat in hells chance on winning.

·
Registered
9,811 Posts
Time will tell..............

Even away it will be a comfortable win. The young England side would of gained more experience from the WC02/premiership and possibley win or come close to winning the tournament.

·
Registered
9,811 Posts
I dont "live in the past" i'm just showing your previous record against us, and it doesnt appear to go in your favour, as most of you turks have said you'll win.

·
Premier Player
1,790 Posts
Nobody likes to hear those two words. :fero:

So, don't be too generous when you use them, especially in a forum you write as a "guest":)

·
Registered
9,811 Posts
oh how offensive..honestly, every single American i know cant string a sentence together without saying the word F. Uck, i applaud you for your witty and intelligent comment.

·
Registered
7,067 Posts
History means nothing.

in the past "records", we had also never attended a euro competition until 96...we had also never qualified for quarter finals in euro 00 too...:)

we had also not qualified for a world cup since 1950s....

forget attending, we could not even leave the field being humiliated...

this does not mean we will do good either, but that should give u an idea of where we have come from to where we are now...

1 - 20 of 31 Posts