Xtratime Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
737 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Helloooooooo Portugal:D

I mean surely. Atleast we will get a playoff spot.
And how ironic that we appoint a GERMAN manager and who is the no1 seed team that we draw..........Germany!!!
If any a game to get pschyced(sp???) up for, eh??

I mean England got SWEDEN in WC 2002.

The only threat for 2nd spot is ICELAND.
They have a pretty decent team and a pretty awesome striker in Eidur Gudjohnsson.

What do you guys think of our chances?????

·
HEY, WHA' HAPPENED?
24,083 Posts
Yes, it's about as good a group as we could have hoped for. I'm happy with it:)

·
Registered
897 Posts
i foresee Scotland making it very difficult for themselves....they SHOULD be able to get 2nd place easy, but i've lived here long enough to know that when it comes to football it always has to be done the hard way and with upsets along the way!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Don´t be so sure of Scotland getting the second place easily. Iceland and the faroe Islands can be VERY tough to beat at home. Iceland has been getting some very good results for the past few years against teams like France, Russia, Sweden and the Czech republic to name a few. So please don´t underestimate us, we are after the second place and I´m very optimistic that we might just do that!!!! :D

But good luck I´m looking forward to seeing you guys getting whipped in Reykjavik ;)

·
HEY, WHA' HAPPENED?
24,083 Posts
We'll draw in Iceland & lose at Hampden, as Scotland are sh!t at home.

·
Registered
740 Posts
NO NO NO!!!

Scotland cannot afford to get arrogant at all, there is no-way we are guaranteed 2nd spot. Iceland are a very useful side and i am genuinely worried not only about playing them but i think they are more likely to get something from germany than we are as the germans way wish to 'show up' vogts.

This is a bad group for us. (but then very few groups are good for us)

·
Registered
4,690 Posts
The group could have been much harder. I am happy that this gives us as good an opportunity as we could expect.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts