Discussion Starter #1
Group 8
Belgium
CROATIA
Buglaria
Estonia
Andorra

Shall we discuss?

This has to be a great draw for us :) We should be able to win this group if we play to the best of our ability as there are no real threats :D

·
©
7,230 Posts
Yeah I agree. We should win it. I think that Bulgaria can be a dangerous team at home and also Belgium can be tricky. But I think if the team plays like it did in the World Cup qualifiers then idemo u Portugal!! :D

·
Registered
2,918 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I agree Bulgaria could be tricky as they can be quite unpredictable at times. We should be able to get passed Belgium as we have done it before and we are better then them all over the pitch basically not to mention that their team is an ageing one.

The one thing that worries me though is that we may have another World Cup hangover like we did for Euro 2000 qualifiers where we started off poorly and it costs us dearly but nevertheless with Jozic at the helm i dont think that will happen again.

·
Registered
36,162 Posts
Of the first eight seeds, Belgium is arguable the worst. Of the second pot of teams, we're arguably the best. Belgiums recent form and poor showing inclines me to think this way.

Good draw for us, bad one for Belgium, they failed to threaten the Croatian net in 180 minutes of football in the WC qualifiers, though their performance against the Czechs was somewhat better, though Chec rep. played some great football over the two legs.

Bulgaria has never managed to rebuild their squad after the WC 94 success. They're a dangerous team and should never be underestimated.

Estonia is not as bad as one would think, and are very capable of stealing points against any of us, especially at home. They're not as bad as the true euro minnows like San Marino or Faroe Islands.

Speaking of minnows, it brings me to Andorra, and we should be able to pull 6 points out of them, and rack up that all important goal difference.

Here's the other groups.

Skupina 1: Francuska, Slovenija, Izrael, Cipar, Malta

Skupina 2: Rumunjska, Danska, Norveška, Bosna i Hercegovina, Luksemburg

Skupina 3: Èeška, Nizozemska, Austrija, Bjelorusija, Moldavija

Skupina 4: Švedska, Poljska, Maðarska, Latvija, San Marino

Skupina 5: Njemaèka, Škotska, Island, Litva, Farski otoci

Skupina 6: Španjolska, Ukrajina, Grèka, Sjeverna Irska, Armenija

Skupina 7: Turska, Engleska, Slovaèka, Makedonija, Lihtenštajn

Skupina 8: Belgija, HRVATSKA, Bugarska, Estonija, Andora

Skupina 9: Italija, Jugoslavija, Finska, Walesa, Azerbajdžan

Skupina 10: Irska, Rusija, Švicarska, Gruzija, Albanija

the strongest group would be a tie between group 9, with Italy and Yugoslavia. Italy are always sharp in their qualifiers, and Yugo's slump can't last forever, especially with the changes in the structure of their F.A.

The other one is group 10, which is too close to call, as is group 4, very even national teams.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts