Xtratime Community banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Less than 12 months ago Greece surprised a lot of us by winning the European Championships so why is that not carrying over into the WC qualifiers?

·
Registered
99 Posts
Well in the first games of the qualifiers the players had a big post-euro party hangover :D

·
Registered
2,365 Posts
I think most teams do suffer a hang over and tend to do worse the following campaign....

Also, in the beginning of qualifers we had the Olympics, this pushed back the start of our football league and alot of players were not in football shape.

But really, although lots of things contribute anything said is just an excuse, and any "what happened to you, you stink now" is overblown. We had a bad result in Albania. And started a bit slow with same draws after that.

But we are sitting 2nd in the standings, and I feel pretty confident. We had a great game vs Denmark where I thought we played outstanding. We did well vs Kazakhstan, we picked up a point in Ukraine (1-1). I don't buy this whole in trouble thing?

We have a good chance to pick up 6 pts in the next two games, we will see what happens.

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
Owzat said:
Less than 12 months ago Greece surprised a lot of us by winning the European Championships so why is that not carrying over into the WC qualifiers?

you are about 4 months too late

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
? Just trying to make conversation and find out why Greeks think their team wasn't carrying on from its surprise success.

Do you think Greece will qualify?

·
Banned
195 Posts
Grreceare doing ok in the WC qualifiers....we are 6 points behind Ukraine who are first with a match in hand and we have to play them in Athens.
We are on target for direct qualification.

·
Registered
221 Posts
a lot of people have said that Ukraine have the 1st place locked up, but i disagree. they gotta play some hard matches away from home, and this will tell whether they are worthy of being in the World Cup. Greece has got a few tough matches too but it is very possible that we will take the first place.

·
Registered
156 Posts
greece is not struggling,we beat denmark 1/4 finalists in euro ,we drew in ukraine,and drew with the turks 3rd place at world cup,we are just starting to gather momentum,no team can go undefeated,football is so evenly balanced now.but we have a game in hand ,georgia will be a very difficult match they have some great players and can beat anyone on their day.there are no easy matches.

·
Registered
190 Posts
get ****ed FYROM, go lose to andorra

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
Bukefal said:
Former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia - Greece 3-0

you play CM a little too much my good FYROMite

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
What, we are not allowed to refer to Skopjans as Skopjans? While they are allowed to call themselfs "Macedonians"?

·
Registered
2,458 Posts
I'm locking this as the thread seems to be heading nowhere pleasant!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.